Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: possible new units wishlist

Default Re: possible new units wishlist

Does anyone want me to post up my old unit list ideas? :p

Mattwensley's Avatar Primicerius

Quote Originally Posted by PaulH View Post
    Does anyone want me to post up my old unit list ideas? :p
    Sure! If they were in the old thread of all trades, they are likely be over looked if Neph or submodders ever need inspiration. Also, I always like to see people's ideas!

I've posted the big lists as a separate thread, but I'll find the other unit suggestions later on for this one =)

Quote Originally Posted by Xebenkeck View Post
    Tektites have been in nearly every Zelda game to date

So to me they are one of THE main enemies to associate with Zelda. And what other faction would use them other then the Zora? The Lanayru use those scorpian looking things(I forget their names, Auriados?) So Zora could use them feasibly.
    It just seems kind of impractical for anybody to tame and train hopping crabs. Though it would be pretty epic if they could ride the larger ones seen in ALttP, but I'm not sure how feasible it is to make a Lanayru mounted large crab jump around (because let's face it, Tektites have to jump or they're not Tektites).
    Maybe as wild beasts?

Quote Originally Posted by martdiamond View Post
    As quenya mentioned I indeed meant the house in Kakariko.
    Isn't that just a bunch of guys that got cursed because of their greed? How's that connected to the Sheikah?

Quote Originally Posted by Attaxer View Post
    So the iron knuckle is a type of armos? I never really knew that.
    Not at all, no.
    Iron Knuckle are enchantend suit of armor that follow whatever orders the enchanters gave them. I believe depending on the spellcaster's technique a living being may be required to be trapped within (I imagine that was not the case in AoL, which is why I say may be).

Armos on the other hand are ancient automata crafted from a mix of magic and technology (in varying degrees... Goron made Armos appear to be mostly just magic, while the ones we see in SS seem mostly technological).

Attaxer's Avatar Campidoctor

Thank you duke. You are a gentlemen and a scholar. So do had.anyone suggested iron knuckles yet? Cause they would be awesome

Quote Originally Posted by Attaxer View Post
    Thank you duke. You are a gentlemen and a scholar. So do had.anyone suggested iron knuckles yet? Cause they would be awesome
    Iron Knuckles are already in the game, for the Gerudo faction, to be specific.

Good to know. Thank you very much. I'm still running through different factions and haven't quite figured everything out yet. ^.^;

martdiamond's Avatar Civis

@Duke
    Kakariko is the Sheikah city, hence the connection

I know you've openly admitted you're reaching for connections here, but by that logic should we have the Cucco Lady join the Sheikah ranks as a tamer of warbred cuccos?

...why do I have a feeling I'm actually gonna see this happen?

Wild Cuccoos as a rebel army would be hilarious. Link better watch out.

Quote Originally Posted by Xebenkeck View Post
    Wild Cuccoos as a rebel army would be hilarious. Link better watch out.

well obviously if the Cuckoos ever organized Hyrule would be doomed. i mean, they make Majora look like a pussy.

obviously the Cuckoos work for the mighty Khorne.

Going back to the Ordon discussion, back when the mod was in development, for Ordona I offered up the idea of a swordmaster unit: Ruslian Swordsman. Basically a unit of handpicked men to be trained by Rusl in the way of the sword. High attack and defense but low armor. Other than that I feel its hard to add professional troops to their roster given their culture and lore.

Maybe, just maybe for additional heavy cavalry they could get a unit of armored horsemen, Ordonians that served in the Hyrule as an elite auxiliary cavalry force/ retainers to Hyrulean lords. In return for completing their term of service, the Hyrulians let them keep their castle forged weapons and armor which they now wield in the name of Ordon as a heavy elite cavalry force. Could even make them more of an exclusive Ordon merc due to the fact that their level of equipment probably would be hard to mass produce for Ordon, and at the same time prevent the player from spamming them as a unit.
    "Only a Bohemian can overcome a Bohemian"- Sigismund

Mattwensley's Avatar Primicerius

Quote Originally Posted by BohemianHussar View Post
    Going back to the Ordon discussion, back when the mod was in development, for Ordona I offered up the idea of a swordmaster unit: Ruslian Swordsman. Basically a unit of handpicked men to be trained by Rusl in the way of the sword. High attack and defense but low armor. Other than that I feel its hard to add professional troops to their roster given their culture and lore.

Maybe, just maybe for additional heavy cavalry they could get a unit of armored horsemen, Ordonians that served in the Hyrule as an elite auxiliary cavalry force/ retainers to Hyrulean lords. In return for completing their term of service, the Hyrulians let them keep their castle forged weapons and armor which they now wield in the name of Ordon as a heavy elite cavalry force. Could even make them more of an exclusive Ordon merc due to the fact that their level of equipment probably would be hard to mass produce for Ordon, and at the same time prevent the player from spamming them as a unit.
    That all sounds pretty good. And once you can build Ruslian Swordsmen (interesting name, sounds a bit strange right now, maybe it will grow on me), you can retrain/bodyguard swap Rusl's lower quality trainees for his namesake troops!

As a mercenary troop that sounds good - it stops you getting too many. I still think having a group of Ordona Knights available to train is a good idea - essentially Mounted Ruslian Swordsmen (but hopefully with a spear for charging!), so lacking in actual armour, but having an attack and defence skill to rival that of professional soldiers. Maybe Ilia can change to these when they're available.

One more thing - Ordona desperately lack a spear unit. I'm thinking Ordona Sheep Herders:
    "With roaming bands of Moblins conducting raids on vital livestock, the war-boar is a symbol of fear and pain for the Ordona people. While the famed Goats of Ordona are hardy enough to discourage all but the most stubborn attackers, sheep herders need to be prepared to see of more than the occasional wolf. With a staff strong enough to stop an enraged boar sharpened to a point, the Ordona Sheep Herders may lack training and professional equipment, but will fight to the bitterest end to protect that which they value most - the freedom to let their people thrive."
    ~~Knowledge is power, and I do not like the feeling of weakness~~
    ~~If it's a million to one shot, I'll make sure I'm the one~~

martdiamond's Avatar Civis

@Duke
    Neph seems to not be faced by lore and creates his own, therefore with the small connection between the two a backstory can easily be fabricated.

Neph doesn't follow lore so why should we in a wish list, I think they should go with the Gohma because they are a better fit, but I also think they coud go with the Sheikah and with positive results.

Also add cuckoo and scarecrow to the unit wish list.

Because I like lore

I believe snappers could fit in with the deku scrubs. It might be a long shot, but we are grasping for straws here.

How about peahat artillery or heavy Calvary?

So which units has Neph outright denied so far?

Anything from Skyward Sword with the possible exception of Stalmaster, Silent Realm Guardians and that boss with six arms.
    And I imagine the same can be said of Spirit Tracks, especially the wheelchair guys.

Anybody else remembers other stuff that Neph absolutely does not want in this? (Or I suppose you could tell us yourself Neph?)

EDIT
    By the way, more stuff I forgot from the original thread:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Deadrock

There's a lot of speculation that these little guys may be the Goron equivalent to Stalfos. Whether that is the case or not, they have the word dead in their name, so I'd say they might make a good addition to their ranks.

Manhandla

Deku Scrub Hero/War machine?

Vire

I always really liked these guys due to their being the closest thing we've got in Zelda to demons (in appearence). Maybe they could be mercs for particularly nefarious factions?
    Last edited by Duke Serkol; July 11, 2012 at 07:14 PM.

Did he rule out the stalchildren for stalfos yet?