Page 8 of 28 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: Releases

Default Re: Releases

i hope diplomats are available or an equivalent agent for each faction

Quote Originally Posted by Mjolnr839 View Post
    And that the River Zora will do stuff in the campaign, and be playable in the campaign.
    The latter seems very unlikely.

A guy can dream.

Now the damn thing just needs to get authorized.....

UndyingNephalim's Avatar Primicerius
    Patrician Artifex

This patch was mostly focused on stopping campaign crashes for good, not much new content. I have a massive, massive, massive amount of work to do elsewhere.

Avatar of the Ice Wolf's Avatar Praeses

It's authorized people.

West: Foranar- Azurita - The Redeemer - Sinteiria - Sakotae the Guardian (Tavia) - Saleria
    East: Nerise - Kiril

Vostroyan1st's Avatar Laetus

Oh goody, time to start checking to see what's been fixed and get a peek at those new Subrosians in battle

Well interesting update, but it is enoying to have your general like ganon or fallen sage being turn into unit, beside that still not having any faction ruller and still crashing with the Labrynna Regime.

Patrician Artifex

Single unit characters had to be turned into units. Apparently it's completely impossible to have just one unit as a general permanently. Even if they start out as one unit they'll eventually get two additional copies because Generals get a bodyguard bonus.

Hmm... i installed the last patch and now the game wont start anymore. I only get the begin screen and then i get CTD. Could it be that the download of the patch is corrupted or something?

Mattwensley's Avatar Primicerius

Quote Originally Posted by Dutch Blue Guard View Post
    Hmm... i installed the last patch and now the game wont start anymore. I only get the begin screen and then i get CTD. Could it be that the download of the patch is corrupted or something?
    Are you trying to continue your last campaign? Unfortunately, I don't think the patch is save-game compatible.
    ~~Knowledge is power, and I do not like the feeling of weakness~~
    ~~If it's a million to one shot, I'll make sure I'm the one~~

Quote Originally Posted by Mattwensley View Post
    Are you trying to continue your last campaign? Unfortunately, I don't think the patch is save-game compatible.
    I dont even get to the main menu screen.

Quote Originally Posted by UndyingNephalim View Post
    Single unit characters had to be turned into units. Apparently it's completely impossible to have just one unit as a general permanently. Even if they start out as one unit they'll eventually get two additional copies because Generals get a bodyguard bonus.
    Then perhaps it would be better to give them (at least the ones that hold the most importance in their faction, like Ganon) some manner of bodyguard? Even if it was something as insignificant as, say, a swarm of keese.

Am checking a way to eliminate the variable of general increasing size so far i only found this http://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showth...bodyguard-size unfortunatly it is for shogun 2 il keep a eye out for anything on medieval 2.

Patrician Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by Duke Serkol View Post
    Then perhaps it would be better to give them (at least the ones that hold the most importance in their faction, like Ganon) some manner of bodyguard? Even if it was something as insignificant as, say, a swarm of keese.
    There's no way to do that with elephant based units. The bodyguards will always spawn with the mount, which in this case is the actual character in question like Ganon. The only alternative is to make single unit characters like Twinrova, in which case they'd be no where near as powerful as they are now. I'm not opposed to that but I'd rather keep them super powered unless there's a popular demand for the other option.

Quote Originally Posted by BarrelDragons View Post
    Am checking a way to eliminate the variable of general increasing size so far i only found this http://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showth...bodyguard-size unfortunatly it is for shogun 2 il keep a eye out for anything on medieval 2.
    Withinwar was investigating bodyguards when it was discovered that Sauron eventually spawns two copies of himself in TATW. He's not found any way around it yet. It seems every day I find out something new about this engine that makes me facepalm and my head spin around in circles. It really is one of the sloppiest engines I've ever used short of anything made by Bethesda.

Does anyone else have the problem that the Dekus are unable to built barracks? Or recruit siege engines even after building the required building? Because I am not sure if it was always like this or only after the new patch, or simply just on my computer.

By the way, awesome work with Subrosia

There's no way to do that with elephant based units. The bodyguards will always spawn with the mount, which in this case is the actual character in question like Ganon.
    But... what's the problem with that? Unless the bodyguard spawns ON Ganon (giving an all new meaning to piggyback ride), what harm would it do?

The only alternative is to make single unit characters like Twinrova
    Uh? Last time I checked she did have bodyguards.

Avatar of the Ice Wolf's Avatar Praeses

But... what's the problem with that? Unless the bodyguard spawns ON Ganon (giving an all new meaning to piggyback ride), what harm would it do?
    I think the problem is that duplicates of Ganon would still be spawned, just with mounts. Ganon IS the elephant.

Uh? Last time I checked she did have bodyguards.
    That is why he is using her as an example.

West: Foranar- Azurita - The Redeemer - Sinteiria - Sakotae the Guardian (Tavia) - Saleria
    East: Nerise - Kiril

Mr_Nygren's Avatar Berserkir

You have to build a citadel and then build the baracks. The Deku Tribes cannot build any units if you build a city. At least not in my campaign and that was before the new patch.

Mr_Nygren's Avatar Berserkir

The description does not even show up when it's not authorized?
    The Horonians didnīt recruit any units in the old game version.. Is this fixed with the new patch?

Patrician Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Nygren View Post
    You have to build a citadel and then build the baracks. The Deku Tribes cannot build any units if you build a city. At least not in my campaign and that was before the new patch.
    I actually think that might be a bug, Deku Tribes should be able to build forest scrubs pretty fast. The AI certainly does.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Nygren View Post
    The Horonians didnīt recruit any units in the old game version.. Is this fixed with the new patch?
    They should be able to train units.