Page 6 of 28 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Releases

Default Re: Releases

Quote Originally Posted by lax15 View Post
    Well I guess third time's the charm

I've had a couple games where it simply failed to go past a certain arbitrary turn number for whatever reason.

Emrys's Avatar Primicerius

I also save at the start of every turn so if I get a crash I can play off of those. Though I have only had two crashes in 100 turns as Hyrule...

I forgot to ask, did you link the core files too because there's some changes in those as well? Or just for people who haven't downloaded the mod at all as of yet? (In other words, if we already have the core files, should we redownload them?)

I see that they're 2.0 but I don't remember if that was already the case last time (probably not, but I figured I'd ask before downloading)
    Last edited by Duke Serkol; September 19, 2012 at 10:37 AM.

The Holy Pilgrim's Avatar In Memory of Blackomur
    Citizen

They're different

Neph explains how to git the new patch working. look in to the past of this thread.

Unfortunately, I don't have a crystal ball.

Thanks Pilgrim, download started!

quenya's Avatar Biarchus

One question:

what are the territories "Land of Famine" (settlement: Dead Maku Tree) and "Blasted Coast" (settlement: Meesiam) supposed to be from? The Maku Tree is from Oracle games, but beyond that, I'm stumped.
    Droma: :Rosa

Basically, you're wondering "Which Maku is it anyway?"

UndyingNephalim's Avatar Primicerius
    Patrician Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by quenya View Post
    One question:

what are the territories "Land of Famine" (settlement: Dead Maku Tree)
    The Land of Famine was from The Fallen Sage. The dead tree was the 5th dungeon.

Mr_Nygren's Avatar Berserkir

Quote Originally Posted by UndyingNephalim View Post
    There are three types of releases for Hyrule: Total War - Core Files, Full Releases, and Patches

Core Files
    Every version of Hyrule: Total War requires the Core Files. These files include Music, Sound, Video, and other related media. These are separated from Full Releases because of their massive file sizes. Core Files should be installed before anything else.

Most Recent Core Files:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Full Releases
    Full Releases are large content updates and usually include large overhauls. Full Releases require Core Files to work

Most Recent Full Release:

Requirements:
    - Kingdoms Expansion pack
    - Hyrule: Total War Core Files

Installation:
    - Be sure to uninstall any older versions of Hyrule: Total War before installing.
    - Simply run the installer. The default directory might not match yours though, so be sure to install the game in a mod folder if it's not.
    - If you are using the Steam version of Medieval 2: Kingdoms, be sure to download this or the mod will not start up properly:
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=410461

What's included in this version:
    - Campaign, Custom Battle, Multiplayer, and Quick Battle support
    - Twelve Playable Campaign Factions: The Kingdom of Hyrule, Gerudo, Gorons, Zora, Kokiri, Gohma, Ordona Province, Lanayru Province, Deku Tribes, Moblins, Darknut Legion, Lizalfos
    - Nineteen Playable Custom Battle factions: The Kingdom of Hyrule, Gerudo, Gorons, Zora, Kokiri, Gohma, Ordona Province, Lanayru Province, Deku Tribes, Moblins, Darknut Legion, Lizalfos, Labrynna Regime, Fairies of Tarm, Stalfos, Sheikah, Kingdom of Ikana, Forces of Twilight, and the Order of the Wizrrobe
    - New Custom Maps: Hyrule Field, Misery Mire, Gerudo Cliffs, Kokiri Forest, Tarm Ruins, Talus Peak, Faron Woods, Gerudo Desert, Plains of Ordona, Old Moblin Kingdom, Death Mountain, Ikana Canyon, Coast of Airu, The Lost Woods, Dominion Pass, Holondrum, Peak Province, Crescent Island, Zora's River (Hyrule Field), Zora's River (Gerudo Desert), Zora's River (Ordona Border)

What's not included in this version:
    - No custom settlements in the campaign. If you are familiar with IWTE please contact me.
    - No custom voiceovers or sound effects yet. (Voices are disabled for now)
    - No large banners. Sorry guys, you'll have to deal with small dedicated banner carriers like TATW.

New Features/Fixes since last version:
    - Added a playable campaign
    - Added Custom Maps
    - Added dedicated banner carriers for each faction
    - Added Mercinaries (Malon, Zuna Merchantmen, Zuna Crossbowmen, Zuna Ziggurats, Huskus Bounty Hunters, Subrosian Excavators, Tokay Huntsman, and Volvagians)
    - Added Unit Type Icons to Unit Cards.

Known Bugs:
    - In the campaign Boss Units (The Great Deku Tree, Sulkaris, King Ganon) will gain an additional copy of itself for several turns. If you know how to fix this bug please contact me.
    - Custom UI is only working properly for five factions (Kingdom of Hyrule, Gorons, Kokiri, Gohma, Darknut Legion), all other factions share one of those. If you know how to use Azog's Custom UI loader or have an alternative PLEASE contact me to fix this issue.
    - The unlockable factions are already unlocked. This is not a bug but is intentional to help players find bugs in the campaign faster.
    - Adopted Generals and Captains still use default Medieval 2 portraits. This is not a bug, I've just not had enough time to make them.
    - Images for several buildings are missing for most factions in the campaign. This is not a bug, I've just not had enough time to make them.
    - Wallmaster and Floormaster animations are bugged.
    - Victim death animations against Deku Scrubs, Kokiri, and Ordon Goats is bugged, skeletons may warp drastically during sequence.
    - Siege Battles are still buggy and unstable. Ordering a Boss Unit to attack a gate in a Siege Battle will also cause a crash. Play these at your own risk.
    - All flying units will not fly over walls/structures in siege battles.
    - Sapphire Warden's Blue Fire attack has red fire tips. Will be fixed in a future patch.
    - Setting rupees to max in custom battles allows duplicate heroes to be selected.

Patches
    Patches are usually small updates that fix bugs, add a new unit, or otherwise tweak the game in minor ways. Patches require Full Releases and Core Files to work

Most Recent Patch:
    There currently is no patch.

The campaign CTD:s between turns 15 and 16.. I really love the new version because it is much better than the older one, but it CTD:s too early in the game..

When will a patch be released to fix this? I was in the beginning of a great game when it started CTD. And i had just become ready for war... I hate CTD:s, otherwise a great mod!

Patrician Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Nygren View Post
    The campaign CTD:s between turns 15 and 16.. I really love the new version because it is much better than the older one, but it CTD:s too early in the game..

When will a patch be released to fix this? I was in the beginning of a great game when it started CTD. And i had just become ready for war... I hate CTD:s, otherwise a great mod!
    The Quck Fix should help until I can muster enough time to do anything else: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...6#post12024786

The Land of Famine was from The Fallen Sage. The dead tree was the 5th dungeon.
    And was that the Maku of Holodrum or Labrynna?

The Quck Fix should help until I can muster enough time to do anything else: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...6#post12024786
    Wait, are you saying we need to apply a patch to version 2.0?

The game works like a charm with the hotfix! Thnx Nep!

However, there is one little problem..

When i am playing as the "River Zora" they canīt recruit anything but "Manhunters/Unspecifiesd clansmen".. And after iīve built a few buildings i canīt recruit those either!

Are you supposed to conquer settlements with the "River Zora" or does their armies spawn only when you donīt posess any cities or towns?

I think they are really cool and i would want to conquer with them but they never get any units..
    Last edited by Mr_Nygren; September 23, 2012 at 04:16 AM.

Patrician Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Nygren View Post
    The game works like a charm with the hotfix! Thnx Nep!

However, there is one little problem..

When i am playing as the "River Zora" they canīt recruit anything but "Manhunters/Unspecifiesd clansmen".. And after iīve built a few buildings i canīt recruit those either!

Are you supposed to conquer settlements with the "River Zora" or does their armies spawn only when you donīt posess any cities or towns?

I think they are really cool and i would want to conquer with them but they never get any units..
    The River Zora should not be playable in the campaign at the moment, I'm not sure how you were able to select them in the first place.

neph already stated, that the river zora arenīt finished and they arenīt suppoused to be playable yet.
    Sorry for my english, I try to do my best

I put them in "unlockable factions"- category. And they are playable bacause of their armies being spawned on the first turn. They donīt have any settlements but they have "raiders" along the rivers that you can control.

But in "Custom battle" they have a full roster?
    Last edited by Mr_Nygren; September 23, 2012 at 05:19 AM.

Patrician Artifex

They were only supposed to be playable in Custom Battles for this release. I have not finished all the scripting needed for them to work in the campaign yet, hence why they were not selectable in the campaign in the first place.

Evalation's Avatar Centenarius

hey, any new updates as of late?
    "I am not afraid of an army of lions led by a sheep; I am afraid of an army of sheep led by a lion." - Alexander the Great

Patrician Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by Evalation View Post
    hey, any new updates as of late?
    There's a few new images floating around, I generally try to upload a new one every week. Otherwise I've been sort of occupied by making this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YgkI1ur42es

and finishing this: http://undyingnephalim.deviantart.co...Demo-322429330

before January 1st.

New images? Where?