Page 10 of 28 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: Releases

Default Re: Releases

Crap, accidentally hit the tab button but, it would make sense Moblins to not have diplomats but is there anyway through file editing to go ahead and fix this seat of power thing (you would figure labrynna would need puppet states as an extremely expansionist empire, but they have no diplomats to do so yet the tokay do?)

TheHylianJuggalo's Avatar Senator

Is it just me, or is the Darknut Legionary too traitorous for its own good? Nearly every fifth turn, I have a commander or general rebel on me, and I lose all my soldiers. Isn't that a bit much considering their strict honor-bound code? I maintain my army well and keep casualties to a minimum. I'm also sure to let every commander feel as worthwhile and appreciated as they can, but that doesn't seem to help.

Basic idea: the Darknut's individual squads betray me all to often for as loyal as the game claims them to be.

Emrys's Avatar Primicerius

Beta is beta.

TheHylianJuggalo's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Emrys View Post
    Beta is beta.
    Yeah, true 'nuff...

He could always just restart the Darknuts campaign, it works for me

I say this could fix it. in a patch or other update.

Quote Originally Posted by Eldren View Post
    there are still problems with Darknut Legion loyalty. several in the past and present have stated that their armies and generals rebel against them. they have no deity worship. yes. but they have a strict honor-bound code{the samurai did. and in assassins creed. the assassins were anti-templar [a heavy religious faction]}. so give them a structure that counters Religion, by claiming the Darknut Legion creed or style of life and that style of life. does not agree with other beliefs/Religion.

Mr_Nygren's Avatar Berserkir

Quote Originally Posted by Senaron View Post
    Crap, accidentally hit the tab button but, it would make sense Moblins to not have diplomats but is there anyway through file editing to go ahead and fix this seat of power thing (you would figure labrynna would need puppet states as an extremely expansionist empire, but they have no diplomats to do so yet the tokay do?)
    You can give every faction a diplomat very easily! Go into the descr_building- file and change some stuff.

I have managed to get every nation playable in the campaign including the Stalfos, River Zoras, Twili, Wizzrobe, Ikana and Sheikah. And every faction has every unit including diplomats and heroes in their queue-list.

I prefer the core files 2.0, the mod 2.0 and the hotfix! It has a fully working campaign.. The new patch 2.1 crashed for me in hotseat anyway.
    Last edited by Mr_Nygren; October 29, 2012 at 12:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Nygren View Post
    You can give every faction a diplomat very easily! Go into the descr_building- file and change some stuff.

I have managed to get every nation playable in the campaign including the Stalfos, River Zoras, Twili, Wizzrobe, Ikana and Sheikah. And every faction has every unit including diplomats and heroes in their queue-list.

I prefer the core files 2.0, the mod 2.0 and the hotfix! It has a fully working campaign.. The new patch 2.1 crashed for me in hotseat anyway.
    Seems you've already surpassed my file editing capabilities, kudos to you sir Now, could you kindly inform me as to where this is, i'll get right to work
    Last edited by Senaron; October 29, 2012 at 01:00 PM.

Seems you've already surpassed my file editing capabilities, kudos to you sir
    In the export_descr_buildings-file, search for this:

building diplomatic
    {
    levels embassy
    {
    embassy requires factions { hylian, gerudo, goron, zora, kokiri, ordona, lanaryu, darknut, zuna, tokay, }
    {
    capability
    {
    agent diplomat 0 requires factions { hylian, }
    agent diplomat 0 requires factions { gerudo, }
    agent diplomat 0 requires factions { goron, }
    agent diplomat 0 requires factions { zora, }
    agent diplomat 0 requires factions { kokiri, }
    agent diplomat 0 requires factions { ordona, }
    agent diplomat 0 requires factions { lanayru, }
    agent diplomat 0 requires factions { darknut, }
    agent diplomat 0 requires factions { zuna, }
    agent diplomat 0 requires factions { tokay, }

and overwrite it with this:

building diplomatic
    {
    levels embassy
    {
    embassy requires factions { hylian, gerudo, goron, zora, kokiri, ordona, lanaryu, darknut, zuna, tokay, moblin, deku, gohma, lizalfos, labrynna, fairy, sheikah, twili, ikana, wizzrobe, stalfos, zola}
    {
    capability
    {
    agent diplomat 0 requires factions { moblin, }
    agent diplomat 0 requires factions { deku, }
    agent diplomat 0 requires factions { gohma, }
    agent diplomat 0 requires factions { lizalfos, }
    agent diplomat 0 requires factions { labrynna, }
    agent diplomat 0 requires factions { fairy, }
    agent diplomat 0 requires factions { sheikah, }
    agent diplomat 0 requires factions { twili, }
    agent diplomat 0 requires factions { ikana, }
    agent diplomat 0 requires factions { wizzrobe, }
    agent diplomat 0 requires factions { stalfos, }
    agent diplomat 0 requires factions { zola, }

Make sure there are only one space between text, and make sure the "," is at the right spot. Copy the original file before changing anything. The game will not start if you have done any small mistake. Changing it back will make it work again!

The text above will make every faction able to create diplomats.

And make sure to write the text above as it was written in the file. The order is changed in the post.

In the export_descr_buildings-file, search for this:

building diplomatic
    {
    levels embassy
    {
    embassy requires factions { hylian, gerudo, goron, zora, kokiri, ordona, lanaryu, darknut, zuna, tokay, }
    {
    capability
    {

and overwrite it with this:

building diplomatic
    {
    levels embassy
    {
    embassy requires factions { hylian, gerudo, goron, zora, kokiri, ordona, lanaryu, darknut, zuna, tokay, moblin, deku, gohma, lizalfos, labrynna, fairy, sheikah, twili, ikana, wizzrobe, stalfos, zola}
    {
    capability
    {
    agent diplomat 0 requires factions { moblin, }
    agent diplomat 0 requires factions { deku, }
    agent diplomat 0 requires factions { gohma, }
    agent diplomat 0 requires factions { lizalfos, }
    agent diplomat 0 requires factions { labrynna, }
    agent diplomat 0 requires factions { fairy, }
    agent diplomat 0 requires factions { sheikah, }
    agent diplomat 0 requires factions { twili, }
    agent diplomat 0 requires factions { ikana, }
    agent diplomat 0 requires factions { wizzrobe, }
    agent diplomat 0 requires factions { stalfos, }
    agent diplomat 0 requires factions { zola, }

Make sure there are only one space between text, and make sure the "," is at the right spot. Copy the original file before changing anything. The game will not start if you have done any small mistake. Changing it back will make it work again!

The text above will make every faction able to create diplomats.

And make sure to write the text above as it was written in the file. The order is changed in the post.
    You could also link the note pad file, less room for error but ill begin searching

You could also link the note pad file, less room for error but ill begin searching
    The file!

I need you to use all these files and the hotfix-version of the game, not the 2.1 if you are going to use my files.

export_descr_buildings =Evey faction can recruit diplomats and all factions have all units including heroes in their cueue- list:

Attachment 248692

Descr_Strat- file =Every faction with a full roster is playable including Fairies, Stalfos, Ikana, Twili, Sheikah, River Zora and Wizzrobe: (I did remove the "dead until ressurected" text. Will make the Majora and the Occa visible as nations in the campaign but they arenīt there cause they don't have any settlement).

Attachment 248700

descr_events= Will make all the emerging factions spawn at the beginning of the game:

Attachment 248701

Campaign_script= Not sure if i changed anything here but replace the one in you're map to be certain.

Attachment 248702

Also, remember that i use the Hyrule Total War version 2.0 with the hotfix, not with the patch 2.1.

You need to uninstall every part of you're game and delete the map if you have version 2.1, then reinstall the game with the hotfix and no patch 2.1 if using my files. The changes are NOT savegame-compatible.. You need to begin a new game after editing the files. (The changes are savegame-compatible in descr_strat and descr_events, but not in the export_descr_buildings file).

The file!

I need you to use all these files and the hotfix-version of the game, not the 2.1 if you are going to use my files.

export_descr_buildings =Evey faction can recruit diplomats and all factions have all units including heroes in their cueue- list:

Attachment 248692

Descr_Strat- file =Every faction with a full roster is playable including Fairies, Stalfos, Ikana, Twili, Sheikah, River Zora and Wizzrobe: (I did remove the "dead until ressurected" text. Will make the Majora and the Occa visible as nations in the campaign but they arenīt there cause they don't have any settlement).

Attachment 248700

descr_events= Will make all the emerging factions spawn at the beginning of the game:

Attachment 248701

Campaign_script= Not sure if i changed anything here but replace the one in you're map to be certain.

Attachment 248702

Also, remember that i use the Hyrule Total War version 2.0 with the hotfix, not with the patch 2.1.

You need to uninstall every part of you're game and delete the map if you have version 2.1, then reinstall the game with the hotfix and no patch 2.1 if using my files. The changes are NOT savegame-compatible.. You need to begin a new game after editing the files. (The changes are savegame-compatible in descr_strat and descr_events, but not in the export_descr_buildings file).
    Thank you very much sir, seems you deserve some rep for quick grasp of this, and thankfully i've made all factions playable, did you fix the rebel cities being un occupied per chance?

Thank you very much sir, seems you deserve some rep for quick grasp of this, and thankfully i've made all factions playable, did you fix the rebel cities being un occupied per chance?
    Thank you =).

I tried changing ownership from the rebelsettlement in the "Land of Famine" from Twilirebels to "Forces of the Twilight" but i got some errors. I may try again later..

Also, if you are going to play as the River Zora: The siege-building can recruit every unit so you just have to create a siege-engine building.

And i did make every faction able to create all units for that specific faction from the start, after building either a barrack or a siege-building. I mean, come on, you donīt go to war without all you're units ready for recruitment.
    Last edited by Mr_Nygren; October 29, 2012 at 02:04 PM.

Thank you =).

I tried changing ownership from the rebelsettlement in the "Land of Famine" from Twilirebels to "Forces of the Twilight" but i got some errors. I may try again later..

Also, if you are going to play as the River Zora: The siege-building can recruit every unit so you just have to create a siege-engine building.

And i did make every faction able to vreate all units for that specific faction from the start, after building either a barack or a siege-building. I mean, come on, you donīt go to war without all you're units ready for recruitment.
    I know >_<, thankfully Ikana was really alot easier (every building worked as it should) but playing as the zuna was surprisingly fun (and hard) Also you could go into the strat and give a region to each emerging faction by deleting it from the rebel/ un occupied list and putting it under the zola, twili etc (in case you didnt know)
    Last edited by Senaron; October 29, 2012 at 02:08 PM.

I know >_<, thankfully Ikana was really alot easier (every building worked as it should) but playing as the zuna was surprisingly fun (and hard) Also you could go into the strat and give a region to each emerging faction by deleting it from the rebel/ un occupied list and putting it under the zola, twili etc (in case you didnt know)
    It wouldnīt work when i tried it yesterday.

The first time i tried it the game crashed when nearing the settlement with any unit..

The second time i tried the campaign factionwindow would not come up and i got some error message about an item..

But i shall try once more, i think. I don't like rebels anyway =).

The first time i tried it the game crashed when nearing the settlement with any unit..

The second time i tried the campaign factionwindow would not come up and i got some error message about an item..

Did you delete it from the rebels list after adding it to a faction?

In the annoncments Neph mentions that some factions spawn once you discover their home territory. Perhaps it is some part of this scripting which is trying to claim an already designated settlment.

i need help to edit faction names. i just cant rename the turks to the ottoman empire. i tried to edit a lot of txt files but still the turks name appears.

Quote Originally Posted by Eldren View Post
    I say this could fix it. in a patch or other update.
    Ahem, if I may point this out, Darknuts have "Lesser Deity Worship" listed under their development page.
    Just saying.

Quote Originally Posted by DiddlyDark View Post
    Ahem, if I may point this out, Darknuts have "Lesser Deity Worship" listed under their development page.
    Just saying.
    I stand corrected of inexperience. I've playing the Darknuts now. I've not had an issue with loyalty. except once. if you play the Darknut you must put Public relation first. the how to be Darknut leader, pop up at the beginning helps well. I became the most powerful faction, with the most Territory first thing with mass mercenary recruitment. Hyrule only serpast me for 1 turn in the most powerful. and i think to increase loyalty of a unit/general you need to let them sit at one of your cities that have +25% law bust buildings for a bit. the new general i got went rogue when i sent him mercenary recruiting at the first chance i got. also if a town doesn't like you do all you can to apeas them. until you can brainwash them to perfect loyalty. lower the taxes, that's how I kept my secant town long enough to get troops there. the darknut work well with most of the units or at lest the beginning ones as mercenary. and i say again don't ignore the how to be Darknut leader, pop up at the start. sorry for the misunderstanding i had by taking people's word and not playing it to find out. "keep in mind. believe true non of what you heir. and believe true only half of what you see." Impa sage of shadows.
    i may have miss said that. I spoke it from memory.
    Last edited by Eldren; October 29, 2012 at 09:38 PM.