Thread: A few things.

Default A few things.

These are just some of the bits and bobs and I came across while lurking through the game files. Among other things.

1: I found a solution to the "Certain units always spawn as generals when trained" issue. As it turns out, you gave those units (Darknut Mighties, Dinalfos, ect.) the general_unit trait, which causes them to ALWAYS spawn as generals when recruited, by removing this from the unit, it removes the issue, plain and simple.

2: For some reason, the Dishonored lack the lock_morale trait, which, due to the fluff surrounding them, it would make sense for them to never retreat.

3: This is more of an opinion of mine, but I might as well post it, I've noticed that, when you tell the Darknut units to run, they switch to the "raised shield" stance, although this looks pretty badass, (Except for adepts and masters, because it contorts their face, which is quite silly.) it actually makes them move SLOWER, making running absolutely pointless, so you might want to look into that.

4: Another thing I noticed with the Dishonored is that export_desc_unit classifies them as Levy Spearmen, i.e basic militia, I don't know if this actually affects anything, but with them being the Darknut equivalent of Verloren hoop, you'd think they'd have something more badass.

5: This is more of a question, is it possible to make the Darknuts less, derpy? I mean, their models are well done and all, but their faces are quite, stupid looking. They look less like Canines and more like Cats, albeit cats that were hit by a motor vehicle. I mean, compared to some of your other units, they're quite mediocre in comparison.

If I find anything else, I will add it.
    Also, Flame Shield online.

Default Re: A few things.

So I have a possibly ignorant question, if we have the Fairies and Labrynna already on the map now, and they work with no problems, why not jut have them as regular factions instead of as emergent ones and make them playable?