Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Barbarian Buildings From BI and How to Get Them in Vanilla and the Like

Default Re: Barbarian Buildings From BI and How to Get Them in Vanilla and the Like

Is there a way to make the Senate playable in RTW?
    Ordoprinceps
    Semper Ferox

Agamemnon's Avatar Comes Limitis

Default Re: Barbarian Buildings From BI and How to Get Them in Vanilla and the Like

Yes, many, look in the Hosted Mods section.

Yes, you have to add it to the playable list in descr_strat. There's a tutorial for that too.

Thank you very much
    Ordoprinceps
    Semper Ferox

Libertus

1) first of all, thanks Agamemnon for digging up this tutorial! (and of course thanks to Lusted for writing it). i'm gonna give it a try in a while.

p.s.
    i tried downloading the descr_items.db file but it's no longer available. hope there's a tutorial for editing that file somewhere...

2)
    sorry to barge in on your conversation (ordoprinceps/Agamemnon), but i couldn't help to "overhear".

i too am not keen on playing RTR, for it's painfully over-scripted and bloated. most fun i've ever had playing RTW was a slightly modded bug-fixed vanilla (preferably on a mundus magnus map).

however, since you asked for a nice mod to play, i remember having a lot of fun with Res Gestae mod (again, slightly modded and bug-fixed). it has a fine dose of realism, and it's scripted but not over-scripted (when i modded it, it was rather easy to sort out the script to my own liking).

Cheers!!!

There's not. I actually have no idea what I did, but I moved it into the main RTW folder, started the game, exited the game, moved it back, started the game again, and it worked. No idea if that fixed anything, but there are stone walls. So long as you edited descr_items.txt, I think you're fine.

Great tutorial, worked easily for me. However is there not buildings for the eastern factions from BI? I thought the Sassanids had access to some newer buildings.

Centenarius

Anyone can post the descr_items.db as an attachment? the rapidshare link dosesn't work
    Temporarily retired from modding.

Try playing with out it. During the loading screen, if an error message pops up, don't exit out of it! Instead hit ctrl+alt+delete to open up your task manager, and exit out of RTW. Then exit out of the error message. Run the game again, and you should be able to play with the BI buildings and no errors!

Essentially you don't need the items.db because you can make it yourself by doing what I said above

Centenarius

EDIT: Solved, but when i try to run -mymod with rtw-bi.exe, i can't play custom battles. There are some changes to do before starting a vanilla rome mod with the bi exe?
    Last edited by Warcrafthero; January 18, 2013 at 09:44 AM.
    Temporarily retired from modding.

That, I am not sure

I'm fairly certain running vanilla Rome with the BI .exe isn't an issue. The reverse is, but I can think of no reason for that. Add -show_err to the command line in the shortcut and find out the error.

Kylan271's Avatar Domesticus

bi\data\descr_building_battle - everything requires altering the Standards to your mod. Just something I missed before.

Remasterd has a different file system, so be careful.

Thanks for the info Kylan271
    Ordoprinceps
    Semper Ferox

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12