Page 2 of 91 FirstFirst 1234567891011122752 ... LastLast

Thread: DEVELOPERS DIARY [Sharing Our Work with IS Supporters]

Default Re: Public Suggestions Page (unofficial)

Sure, why not. I should be available this weekend. Now I still have exams. But yes, I'm interested in helping you. But what do you exactly mean by documents?

If you can help me setting me on course by telling what you need, I can try to provide you with the correct information. I think the most important part are the units because after all, TW is about war. More people pay attention to the military aspect of the game. But even if you want economic or geographical information or whatever, please let me know.

Quote Originally Posted by kingsheart View Post
    wrong memory my friend

I did manage to somewhat fix the exp gained problem with the DBEditor in the exp gained threshold table

but something is still not right as some units still fight to the last gasp, but it has helped alot

editing some of the morale tables have not worked either, and I am at the end of what I can do, and the know how to do it

guess I will wait for III and see what its like

That's strange, to be honest. I've never seen a unit of mine fight to the last man out of a fort. If they are winning a fight decisively, especially for cavalry, they might fight to the last 3 men or so as long as they take casualties slowly over time. Is that what you mean?

Regardless, which units do this in particular and under what circumstances? I remember a similar argument made by someone else on this.

Okmin's Avatar In vino veritas

Thread stuck because we don't have an official suggestions page, so might as well...
    IN VINO VERITAS
    IN CERVESIO FELICITAS

Under the patronage of The Lizard King
    Patron of Narf
    and Starlightman

Don504's Avatar Ordinarius

Default Re: Imperial Splendour III Suggestions

Deleted
    Last edited by Don504; November 23, 2012 at 07:04 PM.

Explore the word and conquer it all.

ErikBerg's Avatar Miles

Speaking of unit sizes: in ISII Swedish line infantry numbers 140 men. In my campaign I used DBEditor to increase the unit size to 150, since a Swedish military company at this time numbered this many men. A slight annoyance was that I had to replace the starting line infantry in the campaign, as these were still only 140. So my suggestion is that Swedish (and Danish, in relation) infantry unit sizes are changed to 150 by default.

EDIT: Scratch that, stupid idea. The unit sizes are fine the way they are.
    Last edited by ErikBerg; January 10, 2012 at 08:13 AM.

Hi,
    I think you could make Sweden stronger and Poland weaker. In my campaigns Sweden is ALWAYS destroyed by Russia and Poland always conquers the central europe thanks to its great economics. If I play as Poland I earn much more money than other factions at the beginning!

Could you add these in as IS loading srceens and I think these are Late-Middle period around 1770?
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Last edited by Don504; June 28, 2011 at 01:20 PM.

Ducenarius

I'd love to see Georgia and Dagestan opened for playable factions, I've been fighting them for decades it seems in a new Persia campaign (Georgia overan half of Ottomans, Dagestan took most of S. Russian lands) and they seem to have very interesting unique roosters of their own already. Horse heavy.

Also I'd like to see a handful of modest pieces of artillery recruitable from advanced Government/Military capitol buildings so that in the instance of a faction controlling only a single province, if it isn't a major settlement, they still have access to at least some artillery. Perhaps maybe 4 or 6lber regular foot arty at least? In the case of reaching a Royal Palace level perhaps like say 6ers and 12s and Mortars. Just a thought to help make all factions more useable and playable without having to play a single specific way.

Also if possible it'd be great if a factions surviveability wasn't tied to maintaining a European homeland province. Example being if I am Morocco and a manage to wrest control of the Guyanas but then Spain kicks my butt at Tangiers, my faction still survives.

Government in Exile

Oh yeah, AORs are peachy if doable!
    The scribes on all the people shove
    And bawl allegiance to the state,
    But they who love the greater love
    Lay down their life; they do not hate

It would also be cool if you can have a different flag for every unit

Flikitos's Avatar Campidoctor

Quote Originally Posted by Don9504 View Post
    Could you add these in as IS loading srceens and I think these are Late-Middle period around 1770?

Thank you the picyures are awesome, if you find any other pictures which could be like this tell me!

Quote Originally Posted by uos_spo6 View Post
    I'd love to see Georgia and Dagestan opened for playable factions, I've been fighting them for decades it seems in a new Persia campaign (Georgia overan half of Ottomans, Dagestan took most of S. Russian lands) and they seem to have very interesting unique roosters of their own already. Horse heavy.

Also I'd like to see a handful of modest pieces of artillery recruitable from advanced Government/Military capitol buildings so that in the instance of a faction controlling only a single province, if it isn't a major settlement, they still have access to at least some artillery. Perhaps maybe 4 or 6lber regular foot arty at least? In the case of reaching a Royal Palace level perhaps like say 6ers and 12s and Mortars. Just a thought to help make all factions more useable and playable without having to play a single specific way.

Also if possible it'd be great if a factions surviveability wasn't tied to maintaining a European homeland province. Example being if I am Morocco and a manage to wrest control of the Guyanas but then Spain kicks my butt at Tangiers, my faction still survives.

Government in Exile

Oh yeah, AORs are peachy if doable!
    So first I do not think that more faction should be added to the playable interface, the number of playable faction from IS 2.1.4 is enough.

Hmmm a 6th lb horse Artillery should be interesting yes, however I guess that the foot artillery will be an advanced Artillery.

Finnaly the idea of a government in exile should be really interesting yes, but I do no know if it is possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Don9504 View Post
    It would also be cool if you can have a different flag for every unit
    Yes but it is not possible, but I would love too..

Yes but it is not possible, but I would love too..
    Are you sure, because Okmin said it is possible and the guys over at the Civil War Mod did it, maybe ask them?

I think the loading screens will be good because they are bigger than 1900x1000 and will have high quality
    Last edited by Don504; November 23, 2012 at 07:05 PM.

This one is the Battle of North Point 1814, hope it isn't out of the era

This one is in 1775 in the American Revolution, I would make this one a little darker, and try to remove most of the white spots in all of the paintings to improve it

This one is in 1760
    Last edited by Don504; June 30, 2011 at 04:40 PM.

Ah, thank you for the honor of sticky..ing my thread. I was initially afraid there was another suggestions thread that I overlooked.

Did one of the Dev team's world map editor prove successful? I believe I saw it in submods by Okmin.

P.S. Is it possible to reduce historical grievances from factions who rebelled from your territory once you ask for peace? When playing as Persia, I tried to harm the Ottomans by liberating Mesopotamia to the Mamelukes. Yet they had the GALL to later declare war on me and ally with the Ottomans ! The same applied when I liberated Punjab from the Mughals.
    Last edited by Navneeth Jay; July 01, 2011 at 10:02 PM.

Can you fix the problem with the U.S Military Barracks recuruiting in the new version? Right now it dosent work for some of the barracks. Like what I mean is that about 2-3 of them only recuruit general bodygaurd and U.S Marines. If you cheak the technology tree and right click on all the military recurituing centres you will see what I mean.

Nice images Don9504, I also like the companies idea but I don't know if it will be possible.

UNDER THE MOST HONORABLE PATRONAGE OF: Legio!
    PATRON OF: Wangrin, ♔Sir Digby Chicken Caesar♔, Geronimo2006 and Narf!

Government in exile sounds good in theory. But wouldn't it be a pain to have to conquer every single colony of a European nation in order to conquer the nation itself?

And anyone know if you can add a liberation option to rebel factions who arise from your territories?

Quote Originally Posted by Navneeth Jay View Post
    If my memory is correct, did you also complain that a Mughal pindari fought to the last man in a fort battle? Take note that the morale boost provided by forts is MASSIVE. Until Army Losses kicks in, even the armed peasant will not rout whilst they are in the fort

That being said, I do agree that soldiers experience rather quickly. Not only does it overpower them, but it's irritating to pay upkeep and replenish them when playing as a small civie, as they cost more.

WHICH REMINDS ME! Three more suggestions:

-Fort battles are either removed (too choppy and not historically accurate) OR...
    -...Fortification morale boost reduced GREATLY, and staying in a building increases morale rather than decreasing it
    I've found that currently, at least on expert battle settings, AI units within fort walls tend to fight until the last man in very similar fashion to how units used to fight to last man in the town squares of R:TW and M:TW 2. E:TW units will hit wavering but never break unless you eliminate something like 90%+ of the AI defending army.

That being said, because of the poor AI, if you have at least one artillery piece to breach the fort walls you shouldn't really need to fight more than a minimal amt of AI units within the fort walls. This is because the AI reacts very aggressively in defending any breaches of the fort walls. This means that you can game the AI and defeat almost any sized AI force defending a walled settlement with pretty much 2-3+ field guns with canister shot and 4+ line units.

Simply make a single breach in the walls and set up an L shaped ambush facing said breach, preferably with the your artillery gun line parallel and facing the breach and 2-3 line units perpendicular to the wall forming a rough L with your artillery line. The AI will push out units from the breach and possibly from the nearby gate and get funneled into canister and musket fire which will break most units quickly and the routed units will usually flee along the wall into your infantry line, die, and shatter.

Run a single unit along the wall towards the breach, and the AI will continually push out units to engage your bait unit since the fort walls block LOS and the AI reacts by pushing units thru the breach in order to engage it allowing you to virtually kill every unit within the settlement except the 1 or 2 units the AI keeps on the walls. You can also use a unit to climb up a portion of undefended wall near the breach to lure out stubborn AI units within the town center. Once every unit is eliminated except the units the AI left on the wall you can simply take the town center or bring in your line units and shoot down the AI units on the wall until they break since you've killed like 90%+ of the AI army.

This may be an argument to remove fort battles since allows players such as myself to more easily blitz the AI since the AI's monetary bonuses allows them to build fortifications very quickly on most of their towns which allows me to take their towns with much smaller stacks and their tendency to build imp fortifications with its happiness bonuses lets garrison easier also. In turn fort battles it fairly easy to defend my territory with a minimal force, the morale bonuses make it virtually impossible for the AI assault the walls with climbing infantry and breaches are very easily defended with canister armed field guns.

I just wish the modders could make it so the AI will surrender and join your army or something after you killed some routed units forcing the rest of the unit to give up.

Quote:
    Quote Originally Posted by UglySori View Post
    I've found that currently, at least on expert battle settings, AI units within fort walls tend to fight until the last man in very similar fashion to how units used to fight to last man in the town squares of R:TW and M:TW 2. E:TW units will hit wavering but never break unless you eliminate something like 90%+ of the AI defending army.

That being said, because of the poor AI, if you have at least one artillery piece to breach the fort walls you shouldn't really need to fight more than a minimal amt of AI units within the fort walls. This is because the AI reacts very aggressively in defending any breaches of the fort walls. This means that you can game the AI and defeat almost any sized AI force defending a walled settlement with pretty much 2-3+ field guns with canister shot and 4+ line units.

...This may be an argument to remove fort battles since allows players such as myself to more easily blitz the AI since the AI's monetary bonuses allows them to build fortifications very quickly on most of their towns which allows me to take their towns with much smaller stacks and their tendency to build imp fortifications with its happiness bonuses lets garrison easier also. In turn fort battles it fairly easy to defend my territory with a minimal force, the morale bonuses make it virtually impossible for the AI assault the walls with climbing infantry and breaches are very easily defended with canister armed field guns.
    Yes, that tactic tends to work fairly well. Simply lure a line infantry unit into the hole, wait for the enemy to open fire, and move them back so the enemy runs into a corridor of units and get massacred.

But some problems with that:
    -It requires artillery. I often find myself leaving artillery behind since they can take ages to pass the campaign map. Perhaps they should increase the map speed of artillery?
    -It makes gameplay rather dull. As fun as it is to see enemies charging into a bath of musketballs ...
    -It makes the AI seem stupid, which inherently reduces game quality
    -I think the last two were the same thing...

Another problem is just that fort mechanics are simply quite bad. I suppose the larger unit sizes contribute. Units move awkwardly on the walls and often refuse to fire and the like. It can be rather frustrating...
    Last edited by Navneeth Jay; July 10, 2011 at 02:52 PM.

I think it may just be best to completely remove forts, or make an option for it like in the Darth Mod.

I just wish there were some way to replace forts with some other kind of fortification. Maybe an ability to deploy stakes, trenches, and barriers around a city without units?

But unfortunately, the modders aren't game programmers... If only CA was considerate enough to give tools. That also probably rules out your idea, Don.