Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: More than two player multiplayer campaign, possible?

Default More than two player multiplayer campaign, possible?

I'd just like your thoughts on the possibility of having a more than two player campaign. Personally, I've found the multiplayer campaign the best part of the recent total war series. It allows you to play the campaign as you would, plus you'd have real human opposition that actually put up a good fight.

Unfortunatly as it is, the total war games only support two players, which is a shame. I think this game has great potential for a more than two player mp campaign, making alliances amongst your online friends or stabbing them in the back (all in good fun of course). As for the waiting when two players are playing the battle, well, mp campaigns are usually played amongst friends anyway. I don't think they'd mind the wait.

For me, having a more than two player mp campaign would truly make this game, as I've longed to played a huge game where there's a lot of players (4-8 or so) involved on a huge campaign map.

Default Re: More than two player multiplayer campaign, possible?

i agree with u op . i would hope for at least 4 person co-op and no de snyc issues. i dont know but i find its just exiting puttin ur trust in your friends and hoping they dont back stab u (but it always happenslol)

Yes I hope so, would be fun to team up and weaken a stronger human controlled faction or get backstabbed by a human faction while you are dealing with another

Domesticus

Im must've been living under a rock.
    Multi player isn't restricted to battles in recent TW games?

Quote Originally Posted by Grimbold View Post
    Im must've been living under a rock.
    Multi player isn't restricted to battles in recent TW games?
    There is head-to-head and co-op campaign multiplayer mode in Shogun 2. Not really sure about ETW and NTW.

The Unknown General's Avatar Centenarius

As long as its competitive meaning you can actually fight each other, and not have to resort to auto or fighting AI.

Biggus Splenus's Avatar Primicerius

Would love this

I greatly enjoyed shoguns coop campaign and would love to fight in more coop campaign action. Especially with more people. Adding the aspect to ruin your friend however...Well that might add something interesting ;D But I would rather stick with the coop aspect and have a bunch of friends take on the world.
    Some people were born to be great. Others...not so much...

-= ME!=-

I think it should be possible.

Jimakos1966's Avatar Civis

I think that Co-op Campaign is the best mode of Total War.Furthermore,i believe that it has to be upgraded,and support ATLEAST 4 players co-operative or head to head or even both of them in one mode that will let you choose if you want to be allies or enemies.It would be great.I'm even thinking to make a petition about it.

|Sith|Galvanized Iron's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Of course it is possible, but would require lots of waiting time... An idea however could be to have 4 player multiplayer campaigns take place in a more limited area like Gallic-, Punic- or Civil War etc.
    Also responsible for the Roma Surrectum II Multiplayer mode
    Rest In Peace Colonel Muammar Gaddafi
    Forward to Victory Great Leader Assad!

Jimakos1966's Avatar Civis

Quote Originally Posted by |Sith|Galvanized Iron View Post
    Of course it is possible, but would require lots of waiting time... An idea however could be to have 4 player multiplayer campaigns take place in a more limited area like Gallic-, Punic- or Civil War etc.
    I think that it would be great to play with whole map.Not limited.As for the waiting time,CA had a great feature in S2 that you can manage the time available between every round.For example i have 4 minutes to make my moves.Believe me it worked great for me and my friends.I think that 4 or more players Co-op Campaign has to be a MUST in RTW 2 !

There'd be some waiting, yes. But campaigns aren't supposed to be played in a single session. Plus, you're playing with friends, so they'd understand.

Multiplayer campaign is so damn fun!!!!

If they don't make it 4 player soon, I will explode

I also hope they make a 4 player multiplayer campaign someday, it should be possible.

Quote Originally Posted by The Norseman View Post
    I also hope they make a 4 player multiplayer campaign someday, it should be possible.
    It definitely would be possible, there just teasing us

Chris lol's Avatar Centenarius

With 2 people the wait times are already fairly long. I think 3 man campaign would be the max thats enjoyable.

I dont mind either way though as long as the desync's are gone.
    My suggestion for R2TW:
    Chariot Mounted Incendiary Laser Sharks

Quote Originally Posted by caissus View Post
    I'd just like your thoughts on the possibility of having a more than two player campaign. Personally, I've found the multiplayer campaign the best part of the recent total war series. It allows you to play the campaign as you would, plus you'd have real human opposition that actually put up a good fight.

Unfortunatly as it is, the total war games only support two players, which is a shame. I think this game has great potential for a more than two player mp campaign, making alliances amongst your online friends or stabbing them in the back (all in good fun of course). As for the waiting when two players are playing the battle, well, mp campaigns are usually played amongst friends anyway. I don't think they'd mind the wait.

For me, having a more than two player mp campaign would truly make this game, as I've longed to played a huge game where there's a lot of players (4-8 or so) involved on a huge campaign map.

Multiplayer campighn is really only reason I buy the game, its like hiding ca weakest spot ai,I am hoping they add at least 4 player, 1v3 2v2 or free for all, that would be best ever. Can modders do this in anyway?. Agreed i have friends thay non of us would mind the wait at all to be able to play it out.

Modders out there, is there a way to mode the game to allow 4 player?

Quote Originally Posted by Jimakos1966 View Post
    I think that Co-op Campaign is the best mode of Total War.Furthermore,i believe that it has to be upgraded,and support ATLEAST 4 players co-operative or head to head or even both of them in one mode that will let you choose if you want to be allies or enemies.It would be great.I'm even thinking to make a petition about it.
    I would sigh it.

I dont think the waiting time would be as great as you think, plus most all 4 player would be friends/family or even local in same house, so they would not mind, or simply not play. I am sure for fact people I know, would buy rome 2 if this were avalible, but do not while its just 1v1. think of games like risk were they are 4 player and you wait for turn, yet in rome or tw games you can make some actions, such as adjust taxes etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris lol View Post
    With 2 people the wait times are already fairly long. I think 3 man campaign would be the max thats enjoyable.

I dont mind either way though as long as the desync's are gone.

read my response above please.

|Sith|Galvanized Iron's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by ironbrigade View Post
    I dont think the waiting time would be as great as you think, plus most all 4 player would be friends/family or even local in same house, so they would not mind, or simply not play. I am sure for fact people I know, would buy rome 2 if this were avalible, but do not while its just 1v1. think of games like risk were they are 4 player and you wait for turn, yet in rome or tw games you can make some actions, such as adjust taxes etc.
    Well for sure they should at least include it as a possibility, even if it isn't so smooth it should be an option to enjoy on your own "risk"

Perhaps they could solve waiting time with rotating turns so while it is your turn you can only move armies and when it is other people's turn you do all building and diplomacy.
    Also responsible for the Roma Surrectum II Multiplayer mode
    Rest In Peace Colonel Muammar Gaddafi
    Forward to Victory Great Leader Assad!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast