Thread: Crash During Loading Screen

Default Crash During Loading Screen

Hello!

I just downloaded and installed this great mod yesterday and spent some time playing it. I am using Steam.

Everything worked fine, until today, and now when I attempt to load it (correctly using the mod loader with Steam instructions) it shows the initial loading screen for a second or so (with the elf archer and the witch king) and then CTD.

The only difference between today and yesterday is I just also installed Third Age Total War (which works just fine by the way) but there was no change at all to the Sundering files. TATW is in a completely different directory.

I noticed when I got the CTD my antivirus (Kaspersky) popped up a window saying Sundering was behaving like a keylogger but that it was allowed. I tried turning off my protection but unfortunately that didn't solve the problem.

I have also restarted Steam a couple times.

I can't imagine how just installing TATW would cause The Sundering to just stop working, when none of the files were changed, I manually added them both to the loader using the Squid's Kingdoms Launcher Ap.

Any ideas? Thanks!

Edit: Oh, and it might be worth noting that I have my game installed on a non-C drive (I have a Steam tool that allows you to move Steam games to another, larger, drive) but again, this fact didn't prevent Sundering from working yesterday and it isn't preventing TATW from working today.
    Last edited by MAurelius11; July 07, 2012 at 03:28 PM.

Default Re: Crash During Loading Screen

Confirm i got the same problem. Using Steam but use the Kingdom Launcher App. I can play TATW, WTW, Westeros, Rage of Dark Gods normally but the game shows the initial loading screen for a second or so (with the elf archer and the witch king) and then CTD.

Kolwen's Avatar Artifex

Sorry, I have not found a solution for that bug that seems to affect only the Steam users.
    I can only suggest you to check this:
    1) You have M2TW Kingdoms 1.5
    2) You have installed the mod in the correct path
    3) Your M2TW files haven't been modifyed by other mod

same, it crashes at the beginning, I have steam. "the sundering has encounterred a problem and needs to close"

thanks!

Kolwen's Avatar Artifex

omg, you too panzer?
    Have you checked the 3 points above?

Kolwen's Avatar Artifex

omg, you too panzer?
    Have you checked the 3 points above?

Ok got the mod working. Here what i done:
    1/ Delete the mod folder
    2/ Disable UAC (if you already done this skip this)
    3/ go to C:\Users\user_name\AppData\Local\VirtualStore and delete everything in there < This is thank to The Holy Pilgrim advice, give him some thank if it work for you
    4/ Reinstall the mod and the patch.
    5/ Re-configure by the Kingdom App Launcher for Steam
    Mod worked
    Last edited by holynevil; September 28, 2012 at 11:24 PM. Reason: get the game running

Kolwen's Avatar Artifex

Thank you holynevil! +rep!

There is nothing in the virtual store regarding the Sundering.

Kolwen's Avatar Artifex

Virtual Store?

Yeah im having an issue similar 3 seconds into my game loading it crashes. I have the Log Right here if someone would please Look at it and get me back that would be great i really want to try this mod.

Kolwen's Avatar Artifex

Hello McManson. That log is for the Westeros mod, not The Sundering

Thread starter here. Just wanted to note that I never solved this problem. However, I removed Sundering and now 5 months later I reinstalled .68 and it starts just fine.

EDIT: WHOOPS! I spoke too soon. Here is the deal. When I install Sundering, I can play it all I want AT THAT TIME.

However, as soon as I turn my computer off and then turn it on again, I get the crash on the loading screen. No other M2TW mod does this, so I don't think it's fully to do with Steam or the Kingdoms mod loader.

The problem with the solution proposed above is that it's really a lot of work to remove the mod and reinstall it every single time you want to play it.

I can't blame another mod for this because I have installed Sundering the most recently of all my mods, so any changed files would be in Sundering's favor. It may indeed be a Steam related issue but it doesn't seem to be one that other mods share.

Still, fantastic mod. It's a shame I can't play it for more than a day at a time. I'll try again when 1.0 is released.
    Last edited by MAurelius11; December 02, 2012 at 05:59 PM. Reason: Still doesn't work.

Would this help in finding a solution?

17:27:53.681 [system.rpt] [always] CPU: SSE2
    17:27:53.681 [system.rpt] [always] ==== system log start, build date: Feb 25 2008 version development ===
    17:27:53.684 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_0.pack
    17:27:53.684 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_1.pack
    17:27:53.685 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_2.pack
    17:27:53.685 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_3.pack
    17:27:53.686 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_4.pack
    17:27:53.686 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/localized.pack
    17:27:53.688 [system.io] [warning] open: mods\The_Sundering/data/text/menu_english.txt.strings.bin is missing
    17:27:53.688 [system.io] [warning] open: mods\The_Sundering/data/text/menu_english.txt is missing
    17:27:53.690 [system.io] [warning] open: mods\The_Sundering/data/text/diplomacy.txt.strings.bin is missing
    17:27:53.690 [system.io] [warning] open: mods\The_Sundering/data/text/diplomacy.txt is missing
    17:27:53.691 [system.io] [warning] open: mods\The_Sundering/data/text/diplomacy_speech.txt.strings.bin is missing
    17:27:53.691 [system.io] [warning] open: mods\The_Sundering/data/text/diplomacy_speech.txt is missing
    17:27:53.694 [system.io] [warning] open: mods\The_Sundering/data/text/shortcut.txt.strings.bin is missing
    17:27:53.696 [system.io] [warning] open: mods\The_Sundering/data/text/shortcut.txt is missing
    17:27:55.241 [data.missing] [warning] missing/invalid cursor for ANISELECT
    17:27:55.242 [data.missing] [warning] missing/invalid cursor for MODIFIER_SABOTAGE
    17:27:55.244 [data.missing] [warning] missing/invalid cursor for MODIFIER_TRADE
    17:27:55.252 [data.missing] [warning] missing/invalid cursor for DRAGGABLE
    17:27:55.252 [data.missing] [warning] missing/invalid cursor for DRAGGING
    17:27:55.253 [data.missing] [warning] missing/invalid cursor for MODIFIER_MULTIPLE_SELECT
    17:27:55.253 [data.missing] [warning] missing/invalid cursor for MODIFIER_ATTACK
    17:27:55.253 [data.missing] [warning] missing/invalid cursor for MODIFIER_PLACE_CHARACTER
    17:27:55.253 [data.missing] [warning] missing/invalid cursor for MODIFIER_PLACE_RESOURCE
    17:27:55.253 [data.missing] [warning] missing/invalid cursor for MODIFIER_PLACE_FORT
    17:27:55.254 [data.missing] [warning] missing/invalid cursor for MODIFIER_MOVE_OBJECT
    17:27:55.254 [data.missing] [warning] missing/invalid cursor for MODIFIER_PLACE_WATCHTOWER
    17:27:55.254 [data.missing] [warning] missing/invalid cursor for MODIFIER_DEPLOYMENT_AREA
    17:27:55.254 [data.missing] [warning] missing/invalid cursor for MODIFIER_PLACE_TILE
    17:27:55.254 [data.missing] [warning] missing/invalid cursor for MODIFIER_PLACE_SPECIAL_PIECE
    17:27:55.254 [data.missing] [warning] missing/invalid cursor for MODIFIER_PAINT
    17:27:55.254 [data.missing] [warning] missing/invalid cursor for MODIFIER_ADJUST_HEIGHTS
    17:27:55.254 [data.missing] [warning] missing/invalid cursor for MODIFIER_ADD_UNIT
    17:27:55.254 [data.missing] [warning] missing/invalid cursor for MODIFIER_PLACE_SETTLEMENT
    17:27:55.395 [system.io] [warning] open: mods\The_Sundering/data/text/climates.txt.strings.bin is missing
    17:27:55.397 [system.io] [warning] open: mods\The_Sundering/data/text/climates.txt is missing
    17:27:55.742 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods\The_Sundering/data/export_descr_unit.txt, at line 250, column 221
    Invalid ownership type 'dark_elves' found in unit 'Peasants'.
    17:27:55.742 [data.invalid] [error] DATABASE_TABLE error found : error reading record from file mods\The_Sundering/data/export_descr_unit.txt.

Kolwen's Avatar Artifex

MAurelius11, could you send me the "mods\The_Sundering/data/export_descr_unit.txt" file please?

Quote Originally Posted by holynevil View Post
    Ok got the mod working. Here what i done:
    1/ Delete the mod folder
    2/ Disable UAC (if you already done this skip this)
    3/ go to C:\Users\user_name\AppData\Local\VirtualStore and delete everything in there < This is thank to The Holy Pilgrim advice, give him some thank if it work for you
    4/ Reinstall the mod and the patch.
    5/ Re-configure by the Kingdom App Launcher for Steam
    Mod worked

whats UAC? XD I hate when people abbreviate.

and what do you reconfigure? and how?

Kolwen's Avatar Artifex

UAC is User Account Control of Windows7. It's the same as running the application as administrator.
    Here you have a nice tutorial about configuring the Kingdom App Launcher for Steam:
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=410461
    Regards

Kolwen,

It is attached. Thanks!