Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Another Rome 2 petition: we need a global chat lobby (for Multiplayer)

alQamar's Avatar Citizen

Icon14 Another Rome 2 petition: we need a global chat lobby (for Multiplayer)

hello every one, i would like to introduce myself as i am new to TCW but a "veteran" in TW games.

however for my person i joined the Hemisphere clan 2006 till 2009. in 2011 found a new home in the Legends of Total War clan. perhaps both clans wont be a well known to all of you. but in end that doesnt matter.

all i can say is i play Total War since Shogun 1. and have seen a lot of development in the series good and bad sides.

whenever i talk with people from other clans and friends that i know from the Rome (RTW) era they complain about the ONE thing

there is no working global chat lobby anymore after release of Empire Total War

i think after 3 titles of TW it is time to revert that as there was one in Rome and Medival and most of all times the chat / not hosting worked very fine.

i please you, all the players of Multiplayer modes - campaign, or classical battles to think over

do we need a global chat lobby back for good?

my opinion is yes

if you agree and wanna support this please raise your voice

there is a topic in totalwar.com for that reason and most important i started a campaign at change.org

i know most people are thinking that petitions dont work. but negative suggestions are the first reason for them to fail.

we saw ACTA we made petitions, we walked on streets and we punished it.

i am not saying we should go out on streets for Rome 2. thats ridiculous. but we - the community should raise our voice for things that are possible to do.

since it started some things developed a good way.

please read on here for latest news and current petiton objectives and how to take part:

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...5#post11921465
    Last edited by alQamar; August 26, 2012 at 11:46 AM.

alQamar's Avatar Citizen

Default Re: Another Rome 2 petition: we need a global chat lobby (for Multiplayer)

deleted
    Last edited by alQamar; August 26, 2012 at 11:45 AM.

Gugg's Avatar Semisalis

Default Re: Another Rome 2 petition: we need a global chat lobby (for Multiplayer)

Well all I can say is that I agree with you. We need a global chat lobby... Or at least, it would be nice

You.. you put this on change.org? You're a passionate man for this multiplayer lobby my friend. I can't say I really care though, or exactly sure what you're talking about. There is a game lobby in multiplayer, are you talking about a lobby you can talk to people during a battle? If so.. just play the battle then go back to the lobby I'm not sure what the deal is.

alQamar's Avatar Citizen

well some people that never played Medival 2 or Rome Total War wouldnt even know the change: here i give you some idea what has changed after Medival 2 Total War - so since Empire, and Napoleon and Shogun 2

view the differences AT A GLANCE
    http://forums.totalwar.com/showthrea...l=1#post368063

OLDSCHOOL Chatlobby:
    you had 3 predefined rooms (chat lobby, competitive, friendly - this has improved by custom created rooms since Empire)
    you was able to see ALL online players regardless of your steam server location or set steam download region
    you was able to chat with all players online without the need of creating a room or hosting a game
    you was able to see if a player was in a game (red), a games setup stage (blue), or not in a game (yellow)

you was able to chat with players outside a hosted game aslong it was in setup stage... to go on with conversations while waiting the other to setup or calling "reinforcements" for dropped / quit or kicked players
    you was able to block communication with players if they p... you off or also able to whisper to selected persons in a hosted game or outside a hosted game
    you was able to chat ingame
    you was able to chat with people after a game, aslong they didnt logged off completly of course.

NEW Chatlooby since Empire, Napoleon, Shogun 2:

what worked:
    you was able to chat with the players only

- when you joined a game (matchmade)
    or
    - created a chat room (server list)
    or
    - joined a hosted game (server list)

you could chat to players of a game ingame

what didnt work:
    you didnt saw all online games of all players, esp. classical battles were not correctly filtered

there was / is no global chat lobby

you was not able to talk to people in created chat rooms while being in a setup stage of a game (e.g. to call more players, which is essential for manually hosted games that are not made with matchmaker)
    if one of the players in matchmade battles quit you had to search again and couldnt just invite or chat someone to join it. (will be technically hard to solve anyway, true)

you wasnt efficiently able to talk to players after a game as after they left the game there is again no chat lobby and you never see them again (region problem again, you simply didnt saw them on the players list)

hope my posting now clears your questions Rasic.

what are actually the alternatives to a global chat lobby we are demanding

pro & cons - just a reflection of own opinions

Teamspeak, Skype and sorts

pro:
    you could communicate with players without need of typing esp. ingame there should be no time. or it is a very boring or teasing game

con:
    costs money
    needs equipment
    needs registering
    needs bandwith
    sometimes not avaiable and most of all you dont want to get some unknown ppl to your teamspeak / skype trolling you.
    needs to setup

steam groups / chat groups:
    pro:
    easy to create it
    no costs
    no equipment needed

cons:
    you need to join a steam group and it is far away from being
    you could not chat to players of a game ingame without using the steam overlay... very hard to use
    is possible to create subrooms if you need some more privacy and silence for a game
    not possible to block or whisper
    needs administration by group admins

famous example: the no quitters civ 5 group announces hosted games with only NQ "members" so you get a good skilled game experience hopefully.
    and you can use the group chat to interact. this works for civ but less for TW as things are much more dynamic imho.

forums:
    pro:
    well organized and good for big campaigns like tourneys

con:
    need registration
    is not implemented in the game / steam interface
    not real time
    not suitable for setting up games
    needs administration by forum mods / admins
    costs money in some cases
    Last edited by alQamar; August 26, 2012 at 11:48 AM. Reason: double-double-post o.O

Maximus_54's Avatar Miles

your cons for skype and teamspeak are rather silly/absurd. Very easy to use...You can find a teamspeak server ez. And skype is free.

alQamar's Avatar Citizen

hi maximus, iam sorry if you feel offended. i put teamspeak and skype in one basket. my fault. but teamspeak is not originally for free. again the other things are quite not silly. i dont want have people on my skype or teamspeak just to play a couple of games with them a day. do yo?

hi today i tested the lobby function again after months.. well some things i said arent actually right.... you can chat in and outside rooms and it seems the local restrictions are not that problem but still

the global lobby in shogun is not working... cannot imagine that not one is chatting there but all talking in their rooms however...

today i saw a video on youtube that prince of macedon is also demanding a global chat lobby again, he wouldnt if this would work in Shogun 2, right?

lets see what future brings.

hi guys just want to inform you that the petition has reached already 300 members. a lot of them are well known TW players since years. it would be great if we can continue this way. we doubled our fans in 2 days!

remember the slogan and ancient roman quote Hemisphere Clan used for years: victoria est ubi concordia est.

if you havent joined yet. read it and join if you confirm with the content. pass it on too all your friends that loves multiplayer in Total War casual or professional.

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/Totalwarpetition

remember: some people disagree and say a petition against CA would not work. it is not a petition against CA but Total War and pro all fans that loves to play in clans or randomly. we are just publishing our needs in a hopefully constructive way.
    Last edited by MasterBigAb; July 09, 2012 at 06:12 AM. Reason: d-post

Indefinitely Banned

What do you want to chat about?All i ever saw was people abusing each other about being cowards and camping and getting owned and raped etc.Why is this sooooo life changing????Whats the big deal???
    We already have alot of what you are asking for.....

300 people is nothing to CA they have a large and varied fan base you would be better off sending a pm to a member of CA in clear English.They may write back to you telling you what they are doing.
    They may be going to do what you want anyway so it will save you stress if you get a answer.CA staff are on this forum and at the end of the page their names are in a differant colour to the rest of us so you can easily find them.
    Last edited by John ''True Grit'' Wayne; July 09, 2012 at 05:31 AM.

you need to join a steam group and it is far away from being
    wow, yeah cause joining a steam group takes like 13 seconds. That is just exhausting! haha, but really far away from being what?

you could not chat to players of a game ingame without using the steam overlay... very hard to use
    Uhm, from my experience you can already speak ingame to people just by pressing enter or the button in the top left corner? And I hope you dont mean that we should be able to speak with everyone who plays R2TW while we are in a game? And entering the steam chat only takes 2 seconds longer than writing in an ingame chat...

is possible to create subrooms if you need some more privacy and silence for a game
    it is
    not possible to block or whisper
    Uhm if you mean blocking players from your chat, then yes that is possible.
    needs administration by group admins
    group admins dont have to do anything other than create the group? from then on its up to the players in the groups to contact the other members and ask for a battle or a campaign.

This was just some constructive criticism! Its good to see someone so active. Though I dont really understand what you are trying to accomplish? We already have chat rooms in all Total war games?

alQamar's Avatar Citizen

hi Tom i dont know whats your problem with topics like this everytime you come in you do just nothing but attacking persons for their language and so on. thats really sad behaviour.

of course there were a lot of quarrel and insults in the chat global lobby but in the end it helped to build up a community and clans. yesterday i tried to to host up a classical battle in Shogun 2 it took ages, people joined and left with not word. and i wasnt able to call players in for example.

Norsemen is right with his quotes a lot of things are already made in Shogun 2 chat lobby. but in fact the global chat isnt used or not working. go and check that yourself.
    despite that we had no global chat or the various functions we demand in NTW and ETW.

so if someone thinks it is pointless i am willing to discuss the things.

far away from being
    practically and useful compared to an integrated chat lobby in game.

iam very sorry that there is no "edit" button for own posts.
    Last edited by MasterBigAb; July 09, 2012 at 06:12 AM. Reason: d-post

It should be possible, its down in the right corner of your post. Not sure though, since youre a new member.

If you're a veteran,stick around the forums,and you'll surely make a name out of yourself

Indefinitely Banned

Quote Originally Posted by alQamar View Post
    What?Call yourself a veteran.
    Last edited by John ''True Grit'' Wayne; July 09, 2012 at 05:59 AM.

alQamar's Avatar Citizen

why are you now itching me about being a veteran or not... wth... no there is no edit button on the right corner... just quote multiquote and reply

Sir Furlong's Avatar Ordinarius

And he said he was new to TWC, don't be an ass. I think it would be nice to have the chat lobby come back, its kinda interesting to be able to see how many people are in multiplayer at a time and perhaps set up a match with someone before you create a match and etc.
    “You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me.”
    C.S. Lewis

alQamar's Avatar Citizen