TROM 2.41 BETA
BETA 2.41 IS NOT COMPATIBLE WITH OLDER SAVEGAMES!
Featuring Spanky's Swiss Confederacy Mod
After a long time a new version of the mod is ready thanks to Spanky, who asked me to integrate his swiss unit mod into TROM 2. More then 30 swiss units and a historical accurate government await your command in both the 1806 and the 1812 campaign. However, playing the Swiss Confederacy will be quite a challenge. Originaly, we planned to enlarge the swiss capital city with more slots, but technical limitations (corrupted svaegames) prevented us from doing this. Therefore you now start with only a minor city, no university and limited resources. In the wake of your big brother France you have to try to gain a foothold in the Habsburg territories, in Italy or wherever you see an opportunity. I recommend playing the Swiss on normal difficulty to have a more reliable diplomacy with the AI players. The economic challenge in TROM 2 is independent from the difficulty level, so playing on harder difficulties only increases the aggressiveness of the AI towards you. Enjoy the new faction and don't forget to give some feedback.
There are a number of further improvement in this update: The CAI will expand a bit quicker then before (especially France will be more of a threat). The BAI was slightly improved as well and will use better unit formations. As a result enemy armies will form neat fireing lines most of the time. Watch out for the enemy attack columns, which will assault your lines more agressively now. A number of tech and building bonuses were increased to make them more meaningfull and the experience bonuses you get from buildings favor top tier buildings more. Johan217 was so kind to fix a number of typos and wrong descriptions in the TROM 2 text file. I also fixed a number of small bugs or inconsistencies nobody ever complained about.
SPANKY'S SWISS CONFEDERACY MOD
- Play the Swiss Confederacy in the 1805 and the 1812 campaigns and lead an underdog to glory.
- Historical ministers with accurate portraits.
- More then 30 new Swiss units with custom made uniforms and icons fully adapted to the TROM 2 recruitment- and battlesystem.
- All Swiss infantry units have a +5 accuracy bonus. Swiss militia is superior in all stats to most other nations militia.
- Starting TROM 2 Nation tech: Recruiting militia is cheaper for the Swiss and they get a bonus for diplomacy.
- After reaching tier 3 in any building chain the standard cantonal Swiss units are no longer recruitable and are replaced by federal units, which are cheaper in recruitment and upkeep.
Note: Since the Swiss capital has only one slot for buildings you can recruit all Swiss units from all building types (administration, military or culture)
- NEW: AI France gets control over the Italian states after conquering Vienna.
- AI nations expand quicker then before.
- Improved BAI battle formations.
- AI attack columns are more aggressive.
- Experience bonuses from buildings are now tied to the level of the building.
- Some tech and building bonuses were reworked to make them more meaningful.
- A number of descriptions for unique nation techs added (Thanks to Johan217)
- Fixed missing ancillary bonuses.
- A number of smaller bugs fixed.
- A number of typos fixed (Thanks to Johan217)
Read the instructions to install or deinstall the mod in the TROM2 technical support thread HERE.
(Uncheck the download accelerator of sendspace to download the file directly)
ALTERNATIVE DOWNLOAD (FileFactory)