Page 7 of 158 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516173257107 ... LastLast

Thread: War Thunder - F2P WW2 plane "MMO" from the makers of Wings of Prey

Default Re: War Thunder - F2P WW2 plane "MMO" from the makers of Wings of Prey

Quote Originally Posted by leviath View Post
    Yeah while Word of Warplanes takes place in high skies, War Thunder is all about ground attack and low altitude dog fight. It makes it way more intense but lacks of diversity. It's a beta anyway, more great things are to come.
    Im pretty sure you got that backwards allthough im confident both games are the same in that aspect.
    Last edited by Knight of Heaven; September 19, 2012 at 12:36 PM.

Just came back to this game after giving it a break for a couple months. I have to say I'm very impressed with the progress they've made and am really looking forward to what's planned for the future.

I got my all time favorite kill tonight. Flying an SBD-3 and got hit in the fuel tank and eventually ran out of fuel so I landed. The match was almost over and a F2A (the early Buffalo) decided I looked like an easy target so he made a strafing run from the front (I think he was scared of my rear gunner's dual .30 cals.) Having nothing better to do, I opened fire with my forward .50 cals and he flew into the stream of bullets and was shot down right before the match ended. I can honestly say it's my first landed kill that wasn't made by a turret gunner. My only regret was I couldn't see the other player's reaction.

They put the repair cost of the H6K4 (japanese HB) from 800 to 12700, it broke my heart.
    French commentaries for TW and RTS:http://www.youtube.com/user/leviath40

Quote Originally Posted by leviath View Post
    They put the repair cost of the H6K4 (japanese HB) from 800 to 12700, it broke my heart.
    You can't say it was entirely unexpected considering it's basically a flying tank right now. Whenever it gets a finished damage model, I expect the repair price will drop again.

Comes Domesticorum

Just downloaded it, took me about 2hrs to tweak the controls, and I'm sure I will be making more adjustments in the future!

Vanoi's Avatar Dux Limitis
    Civitate

Quote Originally Posted by Stavroforos View Post
    Just downloaded it, took me about 2hrs to tweak the controls, and I'm sure I will be making more adjustments in the future!
    Its a good game, but watch out for the Bf 109s and Spitfires. They are deadly. Especially to early American aircraft.
    Best/Worst quotes of TWC

Quote Originally Posted by Kyriakos View Post
    While you are at it, allow Germany to rearm, it's not like they committed the worst atrocity in modern history, so having a strong army can't lead to anything pitiful.

Quote Originally Posted by Bregil View Post
    You can't say it was entirely unexpected considering it's basically a flying tank right now. Whenever it gets a finished damage model, I expect the repair price will drop again.
    Oh yeah but it acted like an heavy bomber. Meanwhile Beaufighters are firing hell in the skies thinking they are heavy fighters.

Comes Domesticorum

Quote Originally Posted by Vanoi View Post
    Its a good game, but watch out for the Bf 109s and Spitfires. They are deadly. Especially to early American aircraft.
    Overpowered Euros.

(thank for the advice, I'm still too scared to play multiplayer!)

Comes Domesticorum

Aw man I suck so much at this, lol.

Civitate

Overpowered Euros.

(thank for the advice, I'm still too scared to play multiplayer!)
    I found once i got to the P-40, WildCat, and Hellcat that i could take on most planes with no trouble. Except bombers. ing bombers.
    Best/Worst quotes of TWC

While you are at it, allow Germany to rearm, it's not like they committed the worst atrocity in modern history, so having a strong army can't lead to anything pitiful.

Comes Domesticorum

Aye, I'm a level away from the P-40, can't wait, lol.

Decanus

The Italian starter planes make me cry. I can manage kills, but they're so weak and fragile.

Half way to rank 4.

Comes Domesticorum

I want to play the Italian planes but I don't think I can stand having only 2 MGs...

Decanus

Haha yea, life is hard. :p

For some reason, I get way better runs and kills with the Fiat G.50 (Rank 2) than the Macchi C.200 (Rank 3).

One level and a bit to the BF 109 though, can not wait!

Anyone got experience with the early Stuka's?

Quote Originally Posted by Timbab View Post

Anyone got experience with the early Stuka's?
    They are bad as . You better go until the one before the last one and never try the other ones.

Decanus

Ah, that's disappointing.

Which are the best German early (Ranks 4-6) bombers? And is the early BF 100 any good?

Civitate

Aye, I'm a level away from the P-40, can't wait, lol.
    You will love the thing. Has decent speed, and can really up some other planes.
    Best/Worst quotes of TWC

Ah, that's disappointing.

Which are the best German early (Ranks 4-6) bombers? And is the early BF 100 any good?
    Well ATM, there is no point to play something else than a Junker as german. This is the worst nation for bombers in this game.

Decanus

Oh well, I'll have to struggle through with my Italian fighters for another 230k xp then until I get the BF 109. But I really like the C.202, finally 4 MGs.

Oh well, I'll have to struggle through with my Italian fighters for another 230k xp then until I get the BF 109. But I really like the C.202, finally 4 MGs.
    Haven't they give you golden eagles so you can convert your free xp and grind faster ?