Page 65 of 158 FirstFirst ... 154055565758596061626364656667686970717273747590115 ... LastLast
Results 1,281 to 1,300 of 3148

Thread: War Thunder - F2P WW2 plane "MMO" from the makers of Wings of Prey

Mangerman's Avatar Only the ladder is real

Default Re: War Thunder - F2P WW2 plane "MMO" from the makers of Wings of Prey

Quote Originally Posted by Brusilov View Post
    9) If you land with no damage you don't get refueled
    Is this intended or a bug? Because I landed in HB and it said it was restocking both ammo and fuel, but when I took off again my fuel was still the same as before the restock.

Brusilov's Avatar Local Moderator
    Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Mangerman View Post
    Is this intended or a bug? Because I landed in HB and it said it was restocking both ammo and fuel, but when I took off again my fuel was still the same as before the restock.
    When I land with no damage I only see the 're-arm in n' no other message.

If you see the 'repair' message you should be re-fueled as well.

Edited: Check ou this topic: here

Basically, if you've re-armed then press ESC and then re-select the aircraft to rejoin the battle with full tanks.
    Last edited by Brusilov; April 28, 2013 at 06:37 AM.

Local Forum Moderator (Total War: Eras Technical Help, Shogun 2: Total War, RSII, RTR, World Of Tanks) - please no PMs

War Thunder TWC Player Names: here

Mangerman's Avatar Only the ladder is real

Oh nice, I'll try that out.

Leonidas The Lion's Avatar Until we win! Or die.
    Content Emeritus

I've gotten a 2 day chat ban lol
    Quote Originally Posted by Jom View Post
    When using the stick and carrot approach, remember that what you have to do is shove the carrot up their arse and then beat them with the stick.
    Check out my YouTube Channel here
    Under The Patronage Of jimkatalanos
    Patron Of
    Murfios,
    Bolkonsky and DekuTrash

John I Tzimisces's Avatar Get born again.

Quote Originally Posted by Leonidas The Lion View Post
    If only they could HEAR you lol.

Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Leonidas The Lion View Post
    I saw that in the chat box but could not see what you typed:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Edited: I presume you can still use TeamSpeak?

Local Forum Moderator (Total War: Eras Technical Help, Shogun 2: Total War, RSII, RTR, World Of Tanks) - please no PMs

Leonidas The Lion's Avatar Until we win! Or die.
    Content Emeritus

Yeah its just ingame.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jom View Post
    When using the stick and carrot approach, remember that what you have to do is shove the carrot up their arse and then beat them with the stick.
    Check out my YouTube Channel here
    Under The Patronage Of jimkatalanos
    Patron Of
    Murfios,
    Bolkonsky and DekuTrash

Comes Domesticorum

Lol, HB, I come up against an La-7 in a head-on pass, he hits my wing with his, I crash, he goes on fine.

Can one play with friends? Haven't really explored too much of the mechanics of the game.

http://ask.fm/Bigglelito <------- Ask me somethin' dagnabbit!

Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Biggles View Post
    Can one play with friends? Haven't really explored too much of the mechanics of the game.
    It's called squads and you can get up to four of you in a squad - I don't think premium is needed either.

The easiest way is to add your friends as 'friends' in-game. Simply right mouse click a name in the friends list and select 'invite to squad'. Keep doing that until you've invited the friends you want to play with (up to a maximum of three friends). Once you've done that you will get a 'squad' chat tab appear in the chat window. Note: you can do that to any player name you see in-game. The invite results in a message appearing in the person's (whom you invted to the squad) in all the open chat windows (I'm not sure what happens if they have the chat window closed - I think it still is highlighted on the menu).

The creator of the squad is the one that presses the 'battle' button but all members in the squad need to have shown themseves to be in the 'ready' status in the squad chat window. I think you can start the battle with some squad members 'not ready' - but I'm not 100% sure on that - I presume it drops them from the squad.

I'm fairly sure in the squad window you can see the planes that each player has 'selected' either for Arcade battles (shows all the crewed planes) or HB (where it shows the 'selected' plane for each nation). Note: if you squad up for HB or FRB then you all have to fly the same nation while anything goes in arcade.
    Last edited by Brusilov; May 01, 2013 at 02:04 PM.

Comes Domesticorum

Good to see there are more retards now than ever before. Got team-killed in HB because I supposedly stole someone's kill.

Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Stavroforos View Post
    Good to see there are more retards now than ever before. Got team-killed in HB because I supposedly stole someone's kill.
    It does happen like that.

More often than not the other player is so desperate for the kill that even if you're on the tail of the enemy plane they will start shooting through you when they get into range (they weren't anywhere near the plane in the first place)...... No way that such a situation is a kill steal. Apparently it's the Russian players that do this the most.

Some players are so bad a shooting that they won't kill the enemy plane for a long time - the problem is that the enemy plane may end up shooting you down.

I guess the only way to avoid this is to do a 'Boom and Zoom' and get out of the area as quick as possible. Not that the other player on your team won't try and follow you.

Comes Domesticorum

Quote Originally Posted by Brusilov View Post
    It does happen like that.

More often than not the other player is so desperate for the kill that even if you're on the tail of the enemy plane they will start shooting through you when they get into range (they weren't anywhere near the plane in the first place)...... No way that such a situation is a kill steal. Apparently it's the Russian players that do this the most.

Some players are so bad a shooting that they won't kill the enemy plane for a long time - the problem is that the enemy plane may end up shooting you down.

I guess the only way to avoid this is to do a 'Boom and Zoom' and get out of the area as quick as possible. Not that the other player on your team won't try and follow you.
    I was basically moving into position for this kill for about 2 minutes, it was a He-111 and I was flying above him, but I had been circling him for a while, and when I finally dive on him, another guy comes in and starts shooting at the same time, but naturally I got the kill since I was aiming better and shooting from a better position. The guy stuck on my tail after that, and caused my plane to crash with his fire.

On the other hand though, from just one kill in a D-13 with the 5x special:

Citizen

Is there a 5x special on at the moment?

Unfortunately, I returned to full-time employment on Wednesday and I don't have time to play during the week at the moment. I leave home at 06:15 and return about 18:00 (the joys of commuting into London). I may find some time next week but apart from that it's just weekends now.

Comes Domesticorum

Yeah, 5x a day from May 1st to May 5th I believe.

Yeah, i have guys all the time in Arcade fly right into me because they are so desperately trying to get someone i was already tailing long before they decided to get in on it. It drives me ****ing nuts! I can take a little friendly fire here and there, but ramming into me to get a kill and getting both of us killed is ridiculous. Well, unless they are in a Russian plane, in which case they'd survive.

Speaking of which, i just loved it yesterday when i basically emptied my whole magazine of 12 machine guns on my british fighter in the face of an IL-2 and didn't do jack **** only to have him ram me and fly away unharmed. I haven't used the Soviet planes yet, do they get to unlock forcefields in their armaments?

Comes Domesticorum

Hurricane machineguns are pretty terrible, even with 12 of them shooting you really have to hit some unarmored parts, which is hard in a flying tank like the IL-2.

Citizen

Yes, they do build Yaks tough (the only thing that is not red is the engine)....

Why I won't ever play FRB - a wet day on the Rhur (as far as I can tell):

Compared to Germans and USA (and others probably I don't know) the British tiers are woefully balanced. The Spitfire Mk II is the only decent fighter around level 5-7 and the Beaufighter is a great heavy fighter but other than that you've got nothing on the three models of BF109's and freakin' Airacobras and F2B's of the US. 12 mgs are sufficient minimum armament but only the Hurricane MKII has that. I really hope Gaijin fleshes out the Brit tier.
    'When people stop believing in God, they don’t believe in nothing — they believe in anything. '

-Emile Cammaerts' book The Laughing Prophets (1937)

Under the patronage of Nihil. So there.

Comrade_Rory's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Well in the final tree, I believe there's 6 Hurricanes and 2 Sea Hurricanes, 2 Seafires, a Sea Fury and I believe a couple more Spitfires (could be wrong, I forget how many Spits there are). I also can't remember how many Tempests are in at the moment but there's 3 in the final tree.
    I assume that at that point, it'll be much better.

I can't wait to get my hands on the later Hurricanes. The IID with two 40mm cannons and the IV which would be a faster one with two 40mm cannons.
    Also, the Sea Fury seems to be a plane that many people are looking forward to.