Page 49 of 158 FirstFirst ... 243940414243444546474849505152535455565758597499149 ... LastLast

Thread: War Thunder - F2P WW2 plane "MMO" from the makers of Wings of Prey

Comes Domesticorum

Default Re: War Thunder - F2P WW2 plane "MMO" from the makers of Wings of Prey

I really like the new damage models, but I don't like their implementation, since you can cause all the critical damage of a plane and it will be crashing to the ground and someone else will come and pop two shots in it and take all the xp and money.

Decanus

Yea the reward system ****ing sucks right now, not just the economy.

A lot of times i pretty much got the kill, he goes down in a spiral, someone else tags him and gets the full kill, I don't even get an assist.

Screencap didn't work so I had to take it with my phone, sorry for the quality, just to show the new xp.

Had 10 kills, 2 ground (both AA) and 2 deaths, repair cost was around 2.5k. Four of those kills were with a Me.410/u2 and the rest with a F-4 and a G-2.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Pure reward wise, it freaking sucked. 30 min to get 22.5k profit while being top of the board and having 3k 'score points'. Would have had a 40kish profit before in less time.

I DO like the German damage and the flight models for the 109 now though, especially with being able to fly with black parts and not that evil autobail, even though that still happens if a wing blows off.

Edit:

Another one, round after above, 10 kills 0 ground 1 death. Got the first 8 with my Me410/u2 and the rest with my F-4. Total repair costs were 1.2k, so profit is 33.8k. I was at the top of the board.

Edit 2:

Here is the third round, just to show an average and not just the best rounds, all were done after each other but I was at top the whole time. 3 deaths and 9 kills. Repair cost was 3.1k so the reward was 30.4k

I don't really know why it showed the x2 xp on the last one, it definitely isn't my first victory of the day, lol.
    Last edited by Timbab; March 19, 2013 at 07:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Haçli Sultan View Post
    Well, I've been playing a bit more, and besides the economy being made worse, I find the game to be more enjoyable. The more realistic damage models and flight characteristics, the lack of dive-bombing heavy bombers, are all quite good. Even leveling the B-25 has been quite easy, with only 3 or 4 games I got my 500lb bombs, now I only need to unlock the 1000lb ones. Plus you can hunt other bombers while waiting for your bombs to reload.

Heavy bombers were capable and did dive bomb. I'm reading the book "Unbroken" right now and the guys in it were dive bombing with their B-24s. And if you can dive bomb with the beast that that plane was to handle you can do it with a hell of a lot of other planes

empr guy's Avatar Praefectus

Did they change the damage system too? I'm flying my Japanese (~rank 2) and I keep hitting guys but it seems like I can't bring them down as easily any more, although I'm not sure if it's that or if I'm just not getting assists anymore. I can still out maneuver just about anything, but it feels like I put clip after clip into things and they just don't care.
    odi et amo quare id faciam fortasse requiris / nescio sed fieri sentio et excrucior

GasMask's Avatar Praeses

Got my first ReadOnly ban today because i said 1.29 was a greedy and horrible implementation that has made players realise you are no better than WarGaming.

I also mentioned that players are disgusted with the new patch, most of them have gone back to WarGaming as atleast that game is less greedy at the moment.

Well i have to say i think im going to get a lot more bans because they seem to ban you for the most stupid things its another WG IMO.

Good hunting mates.

The new damage/flight **** really ruins arcade if you ask me. It's not arcadey at all and if anything it is overdone. I was in a plane today and took a sinle MG bullet to the wing and my plane was completely ****ed basically just hung to one side. A single MG bullet! Then there are other weird things i've experienced. Yesterday in my B-25 i was shooting someone one with my gunners and he turned gray and i destroyed him, and some how it counted as a team kill. But it didn't count in the end stats. And then im getting this weird BS with my B-25 where if i pull up to fast i flip like two times in a row like i'm in zero gravity.

Oh and as for this bombing rectucle disappearing, it's not even showing up when i dive bomb with my Avenger. I mean, isn't that the definition of a dive bomber?

Comes Domesticorum

No, I don't think the Avenger is a dive bomber.

Decanus

Haçli, what's your ingame name?

empr guy's Avatar Praefectus

Wow, the new damage model really is terrible. You take any hits to the wings and you're done with that plane, I was flying around sideways in several planes for a while but it's really hard to land, maybe im just bad but then again thats why im playing arcade. And you'd think the ease of taking out planes would make bombers better but it seems like gunners are really easy to take out now, just aim the first burst at the fuselage and 3/4 times the gunner is knocked out.
    odi et amo quare id faciam fortasse requiris / nescio sed fieri sentio et excrucior

Comes Domesticorum

My in game name is Bellerophontes.

But in any case, I'm a fan of this patch, just not its economy and poor crediting system.

Decanus

Quote Originally Posted by Haçli Sultan View Post
    My in game name is Bellerophontes.

But in any case, I'm a fan of this patch, just not its economy and poor crediting system.
    Oh, wtf, forum name change. Nevermind then. :p

I liked it yesterday too when I flew the Germans, economy is just really ****** right now.

HissingNewt's Avatar Vicarius

Yeah, since I play historical battle anyways I don't really mind the new flight or damage models, but the economy is terrible.
    "Hullabaloo, caneck! Caneck!"

Quote Originally Posted by empr guy View Post
    Wow, the new damage model really is terrible. You take any hits to the wings and you're done with that plane, I was flying around sideways in several planes for a while but it's really hard to land, maybe im just bad but then again thats why im playing arcade. And you'd think the ease of taking out planes would make bombers better but it seems like gunners are really easy to take out now, just aim the first burst at the fuselage and 3/4 times the gunner is knocked out.

Yes, it's awful. This new model would be great for HB but it just doesn't work when you say its arcade. I took another single MG bullet to main body my BF 109 E, just one single MG bullet, and the main body turned red and my plane flew all ****ed up. And i've taken my old American Premium Zero out a few times now. I don't think it shoots real ammunition. Thing use to tear people up, but now my ammo just peels their paint off at most. And i'm using the most expensive ammo since it is cheap on premiums apparently.

Decanus

Glad I got all my 109's so I don't have to worry about grinding.

They're just so freaking great now, it's really fun to play.

Pullin 30k a pop.

Brusilov's Avatar Local Moderator
    Citizen

Is there any big difference in Arcade battles between the stock ammunition belt (i.e. stock plane) and the Omni-Purpose one which is usually the first type of belt to be available?

I'm also sure that I set up all my aircraft with the Omni-Purpose belt (if it was unlocked) but I'm fairly sure that on some aircraft it gets deselected somehow.....

Local Forum Moderator (Total War: Eras Technical Help, Shogun 2: Total War, RSII, RTR, World Of Tanks) - please no PMs

War Thunder TWC Player Names: here

Decanus

Yeah there is a bug that deselects that stuff constantly, quite frustrating.

Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Timbab View Post
    Yeah there is a bug that deselects that stuff constantly, quite frustrating.
    Well, if we know it's there we should remember to check that it's still selected.

But is there a difference in effecitveness between the stock ammo belt and the omni one?

Local Forum Moderator (Total War: Eras Technical Help, Shogun 2: Total War, RSII, RTR, World Of Tanks) - please no PMs

Decanus

Yea I know, yesterday I forgot quite a lot, but today it's already in my blood.

Not 100%, I'm using Anti Air for my cannons and Omni for MG, but I feel the cannon advantage more. Regardless, I'm pretty sure there is a jump in damage, it's basically multi purpose ammo belt with AP/HP.

Citizen

I found this clip on the official forum:

Comes Domesticorum

I just use stealth rounds now.