Page 45 of 158 FirstFirst ... 203536373839404142434445464748495051525354557095145 ... LastLast

Thread: War Thunder - F2P WW2 plane "MMO" from the makers of Wings of Prey

Decanus

Default Re: War Thunder - F2P WW2 plane "MMO" from the makers of Wings of Prey

Yea, engaging a SU-2, especially pre patch was just a bad story waiting to happen. It didn't matter what plane you were flying.

Quote Originally Posted by Haçli Sultan View Post
    You mean when your guns will be most accurate? Around 300m. After 1.25 km or so they aren't effective.
    Would be that a universal distance for any fighter? I'm going down the British line and my Hurricanes can't register hits worth a damn after 0.70 km.

It's based on actual gun I think. With those .303 peashooters you can't expect anything over 500m at best.

Leonidas The Lion's Avatar Until we win! Or die.
    Content Emeritus

New patch is allegedly coming Wednesday, although don't quote me on that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jom View Post
    When using the stick and carrot approach, remember that what you have to do is shove the carrot up their arse and then beat them with the stick.
    Check out my YouTube Channel here
    Under The Patronage Of jimkatalanos
    Patron Of
    Murfios,
    Bolkonsky and DekuTrash

Decanus

Don't forget to grind money to buy any planes you want right now before the extreme price hike.

I wonder if crew cost to put the plane in a slot costs more now too, does anyone know?
    Last edited by Timbab; March 17, 2013 at 01:00 AM.

Comes Domesticorum

The guns on the Hurricane and Spitfire are weak, if you've noticed how much their trajectory drops even at low ranges. I think it's possible to hit out further than 0.75 with them but it definitely requires a lot of skill.

Yeah, crew training costs more now, as do the upgrades I believe. I'm grinding Soviet reserve planes to make as much money before the patch so I can at least buy the B-25, but it's so easy to own in low tiers if you don't turn fight all the time.

GasMask's Avatar Praeses

Quote Originally Posted by Timbab View Post
    Thankfully I quit WoT right after the closed beta. Seen it head into a direction I absolutely hated.

Troll gun is fun but it's also the most frustrating. I hit a Spit dead on in the tail, got the XP for it, it turned around and killed me. Hit a IL-2 perfectly on the wing, got the xp for it, it continued flying the whole match like nothing ever happened, like, the ****.

109's are fairly fun now with 1.27, even if they're still gimped beyond reason. E-3 is actually a tad more effective now.

Bought myself the Ta-152 at last before 1.29 since the prices are gonna jump by 80% or so, trying my best to get the monies for the K-4 too, 300k to go.
    My advice for the troll guns is to aim a little further up from the aiming circle and to the left side of the planes wing, basically one shot tears the wing off although i could be wrong 50mm should take a wing off easily not sure about 37mm.

You will probably know better than me anyway as you probably play the game a lot more than me.

Also regarding the BF109's i love them so much but im still a little noob in them i keep crashing when diving they just wont pull up.

Comes Domesticorum

If you're diving with almost any plane and you're going too fast, it becomes really difficult to pull up again, so either stop diving or don't dive when close to the ground.

Lower your throttle to 30% and put your flaps to combat when diving with a Bf109, it makes it way easier to pull up. Remember to throttle up to 100% and put your flaps to the normal stance when you pull up.
    French commentaries for TW and RTS:http://www.youtube.com/user/leviath40

Comes Domesticorum

Bad news for any bomber pilots out there, like myself:

Bomb blast radius has been nerfed. Best example of this was when I bombed a pillbox / AAA gun complex with a 1000kg bomb, my bomb landed between the AAA gun and the pillbox and only one AAA gun was destroyed, the pillbox surviving intact.

Legionary Jezza's Avatar Praefectus

Are we going to try out a dynamic campaign? They sound pretty cool.

Comes Domesticorum

I do love my Chaika. I was wondering why it was acting all funny and wobbly at low airspeed when I was just about to land...

Ahah, something is missing here ;-p
    French commentaries for TW and RTS:http://www.youtube.com/user/leviath40

On Friday, I was sceptic of this game, I thought it would be another game I wasted my time on and should not of downloaded in the first place. It downloads all Saturday and my first thoughts at 10:00pm at night when it finishes downloading is "This better be good" I wake up on Sunday (Today) begin playing, the combat engine demonstrated in the tutorial just blew me away, the guns on the plane do not feel like peashooters and the movements you can do are just limitless, I get in to my first online battle and the amount of planes I shot down were unimaginable, I never fought I would shoot down 2 planes in my first game. At the moment I have discovered I appear to be a Soviet Aircraft enthusiast as the 2 starting WWII aircraft I feel are just fur-nominal and such good planes. If World of Warplanes is a shooting gallery when it is released then War Thunder has already quite literally blown it out the sky.
    Last edited by Crazy Zebra1998; March 17, 2013 at 05:03 PM.

Brusilov's Avatar Local Moderator
    Citizen

When you get your first plane that has canons not just machine guns you will find it a different experience..... Canons are nasty!

Some of the planes just sound different (i.e. more powerful engines) to the others - some of the Me 109s cme to mind here.

Local Forum Moderator (Total War: Eras Technical Help, Shogun 2: Total War, RSII, RTR, World Of Tanks) - please no PMs

War Thunder TWC Player Names: here

Decanus

50 cals > German cannons. :p

I have not tried the US, British, German or Japanese planes yet. Only the Soviet ones, I have not yet had a plane with Cannons, all the starting USSR ones have machine guns.

Decanus

Well Ruskie machine guns are like chain cannon's, so you're good.

Has anyone thought of having a War Thunder social group? If no-one else will set one up I will quite happily!

Leonidas The Lion's Avatar Until we win! Or die.
    Content Emeritus

Apparently the new patch is bringing a new premium feature, a way to resurrect your plane in arcade for eagles, lol so it begins.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jom View Post
    When using the stick and carrot approach, remember that what you have to do is shove the carrot up their arse and then beat them with the stick.
    Check out my YouTube Channel here
    Under The Patronage Of jimkatalanos
    Patron Of
    Murfios,
    Bolkonsky and DekuTrash