Page 41 of 158 FirstFirst ... 163132333435363738394041424344454647484950516691141 ... LastLast

Thread: War Thunder - F2P WW2 plane "MMO" from the makers of Wings of Prey

Omar Nelson B.'s Avatar Senator

Default Re: War Thunder - F2P WW2 plane "MMO" from the makers of Wings of Prey

Quote Originally Posted by Adar View Post
    Is the game good with mouse and keyboard? I want to try it sometimes.
    Yes if you only play arcade. Historical battles you really want to have a joystick.
    "Ours is a world of nuclear giants and ethical infants." Omar Bradley
    Pics

Adar's Avatar Just doing it
    Civitate

Quote Originally Posted by Omar Nelson B. View Post
    Yes if you only play arcade. Historical battles you really want to have a joystick.
    How huge are the difference in your opinion? I looked at the Mosquito video and reading between the lines it essentially sounded like completely different games. I guess I would start out with the arcade, which one is the most popular?

HissingNewt's Avatar Vicarius

Arcade is the most popular by far. Also, I don't really have issues in historical battle with mouse and keyboard, so I'd recommend giving it a shot.
    "Hullabaloo, caneck! Caneck!"

Comrade_Rory's Avatar Protector Domesticus

I would play Historical more if I had a joystick.

I think Brusilov plays historical with mouse and keyboard.. I think, I can't remember (sorry if you don't Bru). I tried historical battle once and just felt like a joystick would probably suit it more but it's possible with mouse and keyboard.
    I think Jingles plays Historical with mouse and keyboard too.
    Last edited by Comrade_Rory; February 28, 2013 at 03:00 PM.

Comes Domesticorum

If you play arcade mode (the least realistic but also the most intense mode), then I'd say mouse and keyboard are superior to joysticks. It's just a very well-optimized game for mouse.

Comes Domesticorum

I swear to god they better raise the bomber spawn point's altitude one of these days, it's ridiculous.

I got my Ju 87 G-2 and I find myself revelling in glorious destruction of enemies at it's hands. I got the Bf 109 F-4 too but I'm still running the E as well because I'm Low on credits but I might get the trop eventually.
    In my first match, I did alright in the Bf 109 but my Stuka... I came down on the tail of an IL-2, the one without the tail gunner so I slotted myself behind him at a comfortable speed and began to practice my aim. I hit him a few times and I noticed the off bullet flying past me from behind... a Buffalo was trying his best to hit me but kept missing so I ignored him.
    I was just about to finish off the IL-2 when my plane exploded as the Buffalo rammed me.

I just don't get it? Why must people be such immature pricks.
    It's literally just them throwing a tantrum because they can't shoot.

Comes Domesticorum

I almost never get rammed. I think you guys are doing something wrong.

Decanus

Quote Originally Posted by Comrade_Rory View Post
    I got my Ju 87 G-2 and I find myself revelling in glorious destruction of enemies at it's hands. I got the Bf 109 F-4 too but I'm still running the E as well because I'm Low on credits but I might get the trop eventually.
    In my first match, I did alright in the Bf 109 but my Stuka... I came down on the tail of an IL-2, the one without the tail gunner so I slotted myself behind him at a comfortable speed and began to practice my aim. I hit him a few times and I noticed the off bullet flying past me from behind... a Buffalo was trying his best to hit me but kept missing so I ignored him.
    I was just about to finish off the IL-2 when my plane exploded as the Buffalo rammed me.

I just don't get it? Why must people be such immature pricks.
    It's literally just them throwing a tantrum because they can't shoot.

If you like the Ju 87 G-2, wait until you get the Hs-129.

You'll cry due to overwhelming joy.

Before 1.27, I one hit planes with that 30mm (you have to select it in armament), even Ruskies.

Comes Domesticorum

How did you manage to reach any decent altitude?

Got an epic game tonight. It ended just 5 seconds before the time runs out.
    It started well with Beaufighter then I got shot down. At this point already half my team was out of plane and the enemy team was full so I stayed in spec for 2 minutes then I saw it became even and we had a chance so I spawned with my D520, got some kills but one single shot of 7.7 killed me. Then I jumped in my Spitfire Mk Vb and pretty much won the game alone.

Look at the score :

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Last edited by leviath; February 28, 2013 at 06:06 PM.
    French commentaries for TW and RTS:http://www.youtube.com/user/leviath40

Comes Domesticorum

Wow man, impressive.

I just came here to post this score which I felt pretty impressed with...

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

... but now it just seems pointless

So how's the game now? I've played it in CBT for some time, but got eventually fed up with the mouse/joystick imbalance, problems with gunners who went from devastating snipers to wimps and back again and updates that screwed more than they fixed....so is it worth going back?

Omar Nelson B.'s Avatar Senator

Both of those scores are very good.

The only time I get rammed is when allies clip me trying to take someone out. 3 Allies(including me) on one Tango.
    "Ours is a world of nuclear giants and ethical infants." Omar Bradley
    Pics

Decanus

Quote Originally Posted by Haçli Sultan View Post
    How did you manage to reach any decent altitude?
    You mean me with the Hs-129?

It's fairly decent in climbing considering the low speed and can pick up fairly fast. Turn isn't too bad either.

Best scenario, you go up as much as possible right off the bat, wait for someone to dive bomb, use the dive speed to go after them and if you hit, they're dead pretty fast.

Or, which is more dangerous, you can go head on into a furball and just totally peoples day up. I once flew into one and shot down like 6 mid-high tier fighters in a matter of a minute probably.

Comes Domesticorum

Quote Originally Posted by Sar1n View Post
    So how's the game now? I've played it in CBT for some time, but got eventually fed up with the mouse/joystick imbalance, problems with gunners who went from devastating snipers to wimps and back again and updates that screwed more than they fixed....so is it worth going back?
    Well in only play arcade, and the game is at a progressive point atm. Bomber gunners suck and mouse is still better in Arcade, and the economy sucks . there's a new patch incoming soon and it will buff bombers a bit, try to fix the economy and introduce custom ammo loads and new planes.

I just had a typical "get rammed loads" match. I don't know how you don't get rammed Stav.

I started in my Su-2 blahblah and I did alright, I had another Su-2 tried to dogfight me but I basically dodged him for about 3 minutes, giving me time for like 3 bomb drops. I'm guessing he didn't have the better engine and polished fuselage like mine but anyway, I decided to dogfight him and as I turned to him, he rammed me but killed himself and not me.

I decided to move on to the next set of pillboxes... picked up 2 Spitfires on my tail and I figured I was done for at that point so I switched to gunner view and he was literally an inch behind me flying in a straight line so I opened up on his cockpit but set his engine on fire... so he was going to die but then, the other Spitfire rammed through the on fire one and into me, thus denying me the kill points and killing all of us!

but whatever, the match was still young and I whipped my IL-2 out and barely a minute into spawning without even turning, I'd killed 2 planes and then a Buffalo rammed me from behind.

Anyway, the match got better from there. Got in my Pe-3 Bis-whatever and I went bomber hunting. Killed a H6K4 and 2 Blenheims but the last Blenheim managed to take me out just as I got him. Then I got in that first Yak (can't remember it's number... 7?) and I got 3 kills in that but at that point, I was on my own. I just did a lot of booming and zooming and it was a Russian reserve who killed me in the end because they were able to practically stay facing upright for long enough to kill me :/

Leonidas The Lion's Avatar Until we win! Or die.
    Content Emeritus

What Prem planes are worth getting?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jom View Post
    When using the stick and carrot approach, remember that what you have to do is shove the carrot up their arse and then beat them with the stick.
    Check out my YouTube Channel here
    Under The Patronage Of jimkatalanos
    Patron Of
    Murfios,
    Bolkonsky and DekuTrash

I have not been rammed for a while now, I found the solution. I only attack lonesome bombers. It made my life better and their lives even worse but at least no ramming for me.

I just had a low tier game with 7 Mig in the enemy team..I killed one of them then I left. It was a bit too crazy for me.
    French commentaries for TW and RTS:http://www.youtube.com/user/leviath40