Page 32 of 158 FirstFirst ... 72223242526272829303132333435363738394041425782132 ... LastLast

Thread: War Thunder - F2P WW2 plane "MMO" from the makers of Wings of Prey

Decanus

Default Re: War Thunder - F2P WW2 plane "MMO" from the makers of Wings of Prey

I got the decal I think, pretty sure.

And yea, was on Pearl Harbor (?) once at night, too bad it doesn't happen more often.

Never had a night battle yet, but I have the decals though.
    French commentaries for TW and RTS:http://www.youtube.com/user/leviath40

Comes Domesticorum

Quote Originally Posted by Brusilov View Post
    Has anyone ever seen a night battle? I was on the Two Towns map yesterday and was a little shocked to find it was a night battle.

When you are caught in one of the search lights everything turns blue.....

Nothing special:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Today I was on one of the island dominaiton maps in a bomber and there was a storm going - being up in the clouds it was like pea soup up there.

I think I may have found out why I can play this now (after a fashion) while in the closed beta I never had any control over the areoplane and it would just spin into the ground.

I switched from 'Mouse Aim' to 'Simplified Controls' and found that I have no control over keeping the nose of the plane down. Is 'Simplified Controls' supposed to work with a joystick rather than a mouse and keyboard?

Edited:
    Has anyone got the Closed Beta Test Decals that are shown in-game?

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

I was part of the closed beta test (I have the Typhoon and Tu-2 planes in my hanger) but don't have this decal.
    I don't know why anyone would use simplified controls over mouse aim if they're flying with a mouse, but yeah, simplified controls are good for joysticks, because the instructor helps you out sometimes. This of course becomes annoying when you want to push the plane to do something but the instructor doesn't let you.

Omar Nelson B.'s Avatar Senator

I got the Tu-2 and the decal but not the Typhoon!?! LOL
    "Ours is a world of nuclear giants and ethical infants." Omar Bradley
    Pics

Brusilov's Avatar Local Moderator
    Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Omar Nelson B. View Post
    I got the Tu-2 and the decal but not the Typhoon!?! LOL
    Well, I got the Typhoon and the Tu-2 but not the decal.

If I had the choice I'd go for the two 'planes! Especially as I did very little in the closed beta as all I would do in-game was to plummet into the ground - I did try several things including using mouse/keyboard and also a joystick/throttle/rudder set I have.

I'd suggest trying to contact support to get the Typhoon. I only used these once or twice as the other planes I had were all very low rank so I'd haveone plane at the high rank and the rest were simply out of their class in the battles.....

Local Forum Moderator (Total War: Eras Technical Help, Shogun 2: Total War, RSII, RTR, World Of Tanks) - please no PMs

War Thunder TWC Player Names: here

The Typhoon is for those who joined the closed beta, if you joined during open or global beta then you won't get it.

Yeah I think I was only in the GCB and not the CB. *sad face*
    Pics

Brusilov's Avatar Local Moderator
    Citizen

I don't know what was happeing this moring but it just seemed as if the World of Tanks player base had shifted to play War Thunder.

No one was defending the base (several different maps) - so the enemy could easily cap our bases, on the 'Lonely Island map (Wake Island) no one protected the ships.... I quit in frustration.

The really funny thing was that some playes were actually telling the team to defend the base or hit some of the ground targets but they were all busy playing lemmings.....

Local Forum Moderator (Total War: Eras Technical Help, Shogun 2: Total War, RSII, RTR, World Of Tanks) - please no PMs

War Thunder TWC Player Names: here

Quote Originally Posted by Brusilov View Post
    I don't know what was happeing this moring but it just seemed as if the World of Tanks player base had shifted to play War Thunder.
    There is a better proof of it, the increasing amount of Siema when the game starts. A disease well known of wot players.

The worst is on the ground attack maps when i look at how we are losing and no one but me has hit ground targets and yet a majority of our ground targets are goners. It's like, what the is everyone doing!?!? They aren't hitting the targets and they aren't stopping the other planes from hitting ours. Luckily winning doesn't seem to affect your profits like it does in WoT...

On a side note, is the P-47 really that bad economically? I'm about to unlock it and i just looked at it, and holy that thing can be armed to the teeth! You can take out a whole convoy easily if you got that thing fitted out. 8 guns, 10 rockets, a 500 pound and two thousand pound bombs??? That is just ridiculous!

Comes Domesticorum

Quote Originally Posted by leviath View Post
    There is a better proof of it, the increasing amount of Siema when the game starts. A disease well known of wot players.
    Hah. It does seem that there is a pretty big decline in players actually caring about objectives.

Quote Originally Posted by brandbll View Post
    The worst is on the ground attack maps when i look at how we are losing and no one but me has hit ground targets and yet a majority of our ground targets are goners. It's like, what the is everyone doing!?!? They aren't hitting the targets and they aren't stopping the other planes from hitting ours. Luckily winning doesn't seem to affect your profits like it does in WoT...

On a side note, is the P-47 really that bad economically? I'm about to unlock it and i just looked at it, and holy that thing can be armed to the teeth! You can take out a whole convoy easily if you got that thing fitted out. 8 guns, 10 rockets, a 500 pound and two thousand pound bombs??? That is just ridiculous!
    The best is when it's one of the cap missions and nobody even caps our airfield from the beginning.

In any case, in my experience the P-47 is very bad economically, because you're put into higher tiered matches so your survivability goes down. It is a monster on ground attack if you aren't attacked though, you can take out countless ground targets.

Comrade_Rory's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by Haçli Sultan View Post
    Hah. It does seem that there is a pretty big decline in players actually caring about objectives.
    I've found myself having to go "Don't all rush to A, 1 plane can catch it just fine. Everybody head to B" in every domination match, only to look down and behind me and about 90% of the team is crashing into each other on the runway.

Decanus

With 1.27 the P-47D makes no sense anymore.

Before the patch, it could at least withstand some serious damage and the rockets hurt heavy tank columns pretty well, now, no.

Comes Domesticorum

I'm pretty sure the devs are just still angry that they lost the Cold War so they keep on nerfing the US.

Quote Originally Posted by Haçli Sultan View Post
    I'm pretty sure the devs are just still angry that they lost the Cold War so they keep on nerfing the US.
    Not the case since the 37mm of P-39 and P-63 kills everything.
    Anyway, US tree has close to no FM done yet, so you cannot judge their planes at the moment, it is quite pointless.

Comes Domesticorum

Quote Originally Posted by leviath View Post
    Not the case since the 37mm of P-39 and P-63 kills everything.
    Anyway, US tree has close to no FM done yet, so you cannot judge their planes at the moment, it is quite pointless.
    FM isn't that important to me, I'll learn to fly any plane. It's a question of bad economics.

But yeah that 37mm is finally good.

Leonidas The Lion's Avatar Until we win! Or die.
    Content Emeritus

Have they sorted out their payment issues?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jom View Post
    When using the stick and carrot approach, remember that what you have to do is shove the carrot up their arse and then beat them with the stick.
    Check out my YouTube Channel here
    Under The Patronage Of jimkatalanos
    Patron Of
    Murfios,
    Bolkonsky and DekuTrash

Comes Domesticorum

Probably. I can't test it because I'm Greek.

I recently unlocked the P-63, plane is great, too bad I keep on getting put on teams with knobs.

Also had a round of Two Towns where basically all my team quit and I was flying my S.79, got 31 ground kills, and was the only plane left on my team but the other guys simply couldn't reach my speed and altitude except for a P-40, who managed to kill my rear gunner only after my gunner took out his engine, causing him to fall to the ground and letting me get away.
    Last edited by Stavroforos; February 12, 2013 at 05:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Leonidas The Lion View Post
    Have they sorted out their payment issues?
    Yes I just got some Golden Eguls fo the free XP-izzle.
    Pics

Blatta Optima Maxima's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae
    Free Democratic People's Republic of Latvia

Is there a purpose for Bf110? I haven't been able to figure out what to do with it. Should I shoot down bombers or something?