Page 31 of 158 FirstFirst ... 62122232425262728293031323334353637383940415681131 ... LastLast

Thread: War Thunder - F2P WW2 plane "MMO" from the makers of Wings of Prey

Comes Domesticorum

Default Re: War Thunder - F2P WW2 plane "MMO" from the makers of Wings of Prey

Oh, you mean you went and bought more slots, but don't have enough reserve planes to fill up every slot, so some slots have higher tiered planes? I don't think there's an "empty" option.

tier 0 and 1 planes are okay too to stay in low tiers games.
    French commentaries for TW and RTS:http://www.youtube.com/user/leviath40

Brusilov's Avatar Local Moderator
    Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Leonidas The Lion View Post
    I just want to take them out of my lineup so that I only have my three reserve planes to play with.
    I'm fairly sure that each nation has 4 reserve planes.

Have you bought more slots (so you have more than 4 slots) and put a high rank areoplane in there?

If you have the best hting you can do is get a rank 1 areoplane in there - that will slightly limit the overall rank at which you play. However, as I've pointed out before even having just three reserve areoplanes is no guarantee of being in a low rank battle - as there may be insufficient players on-line.

Local Forum Moderator (Total War: Eras Technical Help, Shogun 2: Total War, RSII, RTR, World Of Tanks) - please no PMs

War Thunder TWC Player Names: here

Leonidas The Lion's Avatar Until we win! Or die.
    Content Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by Brusilov View Post
    I'm fairly sure that each nation has 4 reserve planes.

Have you bought more slots (so you have more than 4 slots) and put a high rank areoplane in there?

If you have the best hting you can do is get a rank 1 areoplane in there - that will slightly limit the overall rank at which you play. However, as I've pointed out before even having just three reserve areoplanes is no guarantee of being in a low rank battle - as there may be insufficient players on-line.
    Russians have 3 reserve planes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jom View Post
    When using the stick and carrot approach, remember that what you have to do is shove the carrot up their arse and then beat them with the stick.
    Check out my YouTube Channel here
    Under The Patronage Of jimkatalanos
    Patron Of
    Murfios,
    Bolkonsky and DekuTrash

Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Haçli Sultan View Post
    Ah okay I see, didn't know that the talisman had that effect. Of the many things in this game which force you more towards p2p compared to WoT, I think the talisman and max XP of planes is one of the biggest rip-offs.
    It turns out that it isn't the talisman that is doing that - in fact I'm really not sure what is doing that.

I have a talisman on my Spitfire but the pilot icon is not gold as with the other ones.

I had a look to see if it's something to do with accelerated Training but that does not seem to be the case. For a while it looked like it may have been for areoplanes where there are two lots of rewards but that also is not true of all areoplanes with it....

I guess we could always read the game documentation - but having looked at their encylopedia there is a lack of information there.

Quote Originally Posted by Leonidas The Lion View Post
    Russians have 3 reserve planes.
    They have three reserve planes (I-15 WR, I-15 M-22 and I-15R) and a level 0 plane (Po-2). Do you not have the Po-2?

I had a look in the research tree but not all rerseve planes are shown there.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Local Forum Moderator (Total War: Eras Technical Help, Shogun 2: Total War, RSII, RTR, World Of Tanks) - please no PMs

Leonidas The Lion's Avatar Until we win! Or die.
    Content Emeritus

no i dont have the po-2 how do I go about getting it?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jom View Post
    When using the stick and carrot approach, remember that what you have to do is shove the carrot up their arse and then beat them with the stick.
    Check out my YouTube Channel here
    Under The Patronage Of jimkatalanos
    Patron Of
    Murfios,
    Bolkonsky and DekuTrash

Ferdiad's Avatar Patricius

It's probably a closed beta plane or something.

Comes Domesticorum

It's at the very top of the bomber tree, is it not?

Citizen

I posted a question over on the official forums (about the gold pilot icon) and got the following answer:

For each battle you get crew xp, click 4th tab (right to your cursor) and spend points for crew. Gold is when it's hell a lot of points available

Quote Originally Posted by Ferdiad View Post
    It's probably a closed beta plane or something.
    Not sure.

I'm fairly sure as a closed beta tester I got the Typhoon and the Tu-2.

Makes me feel a bit guilty that all I ever did was start the game a few times and with no control just spiral into the ground a few times.... Still - musn't grumble.....

Comes Domesticorum

The worst part is I was never invited to Closed Beta, so I couldn't get all the goodies.

empr guy's Avatar Praefectus

had a pretty lolzy match today, was in a stuka after a dive bombing and someone was on my tail, so im doing some evasive maneuvers and end up with someone coming at me from the front. Naturally since I had 2 20mm cannons (or are they still machine guns?) i flew straight at the guy, although somehow we both survived.

The great part was that I dove under the guy coming towards me while both enemies tried to go over me and hit each other destroying both aircraft, since I had been hitting them I got two assists.

Later that match in a different plane I got very damaged but could still fly so went back to base. Unfortunetly I was coming in too fast and the plane didnt have cannons so I tried wild S turns to slow down, except steering cut out as I was making one. I ended up hitting a tent on the side of the field, completly destroying my wings, propeller, landing gear etc. Amazingly it only took the ground crew ~50 seconds to completly repair the aircraft.

I still got the landing bonus
    odi et amo quare id faciam fortasse requiris / nescio sed fieri sentio et excrucior

"performed a soft landing" ahah !

Ferdiad's Avatar Patricius

That tent must be really soft.

Citizen

Well the landing was soft but what happened afterwards was hard......

I try to be generous with my german garage but I can't, german 20mm cannons are so ed up. It can hardly hit a fly... I give up, I'll play them again when they will have proper cannons. Don't tell me FW 190 are agreat, a spitfire MkII or a Yak does everything better for half the price and half the tier. It's really frustrating because I love the Bf 109 style...

Comrade_Rory's Avatar Protector Domesticus

I'm starting to love that first Bf109, it's pretty fun to fly.

I've sort of put my British planes aside while I catch up with the other nations but the recent patch and it's forcing all bombers to need pylons has made it very hard. I favoured attack planes in my Russian roster so now I've got the top Su-2 with all the unlocks, a useless Pe-3bis and my IL-2... which is still pretty good.
    I've been using the Pe-3 as an anti-bomber plane hahaha.

My Japanese floatplane is useless now, as is that other bomber (I can't remember it's name but it has no MG's and 1 turret, despite looking like just a bigger zero or something).

Decanus

I've quit flying for a while, mainly for insane unbalance and German planes being a total money drain for no real upside besides the fun factor.

Hope they fix their stuff.

Even though my russian planes were awesome, I turned my russian garage into a reserve garage with all the reserve planes and the I-153. So when I am really upset against my high tier planes, I launch a match with my russian reserve garage, I kill ten biplans then I feel way better.

Comes Domesticorum

Hmmm, I've personally been really satisfied by the German 20mm guns so far, from the Emil and the Bf 110.

Citizen

Has anyone ever seen a night battle? I was on the Two Towns map yesterday and was a little shocked to find it was a night battle.

When you are caught in one of the search lights everything turns blue.....

Nothing special:

Today I was on one of the island dominaiton maps in a bomber and there was a storm going - being up in the clouds it was like pea soup up there.

I think I may have found out why I can play this now (after a fashion) while in the closed beta I never had any control over the areoplane and it would just spin into the ground.

I switched from 'Mouse Aim' to 'Simplified Controls' and found that I have no control over keeping the nose of the plane down. Is 'Simplified Controls' supposed to work with a joystick rather than a mouse and keyboard?

Edited:
    Has anyone got the Closed Beta Test Decals that are shown in-game?

I was part of the closed beta test (I have the Typhoon and Tu-2 planes in my hanger) but don't have this decal.
    Last edited by Brusilov; February 07, 2013 at 01:25 PM.