Page 157 of 158 FirstFirst ... 57107132147148149150151152153154155156157158 LastLast
Results 3,121 to 3,140 of 3148

Thread: War Thunder - F2P WW2 plane "MMO" from the makers of Wings of Prey

Default Re: War Thunder - F2P WW2 plane "MMO" from the makers of Wings of Prey

Played my first tank simulator battle... I think I was put off by thinking it might be like the aircraft simulator mode (I don't think I ever even took off in the tutorial). Turns out it's rather good.
    'When people stop believing in God, they don’t believe in nothing — they believe in anything. '

-Emile Cammaerts' book The Laughing Prophets (1937)

Under the patronage of Nihil. So there.

Comes Domesticorum

Quote Originally Posted by Markas View Post
    Played my first tank simulator battle... I think I was put off by thinking it might be like the aircraft simulator mode (I don't think I ever even took off in the tutorial). Turns out it's rather good.
    If my joystick worked I'd play that mode, but mouse control in sim isn't nearly as good as it is in Arcade and RB...so it's hard for me to take my plane out when my tank's gone.

Quote Originally Posted by Stavroforos View Post
    Hasn't Sea Meteor been fotm for like, a long time now?

And looks like they're finally bringing in a destructible environment, starting with Berlin. I hope it works on the Reichstag as well
    Yes, it has, but it got its BR reduced with the last BR update, too, which makes it even more imba than it was before.
    Prof's Mods (Attila Mods)
    Creator of Polemarchia: Total War
    Under the patronace of Epistolary Richard
    <- Now with Attila screens

Comes Domesticorum

I hear it's especially deadly against ground targets...

Urrgh I feel bad now that was too soon.
    'When people stop believing in God, they don’t believe in nothing — they believe in anything. '

Comes Domesticorum

Quote Originally Posted by Markas View Post
    I hear it's especially deadly against ground targets...

Urrgh I feel bad now that was too soon.
    At least we're on the right road with this plane.

This aircraft is why I have been grinding my way to the Tempest Mk.II last week.

Comes Domesticorum

So long as for some reason it's not placed after the Venom, then I should be able to grind it right away, whenever I have the time lawl.

That should shut up all those Hunter-ites on the forums spamming "Hawker Hunter?" wherever there's an official announcement.

Comes Domesticorum

Unfortunately the whining won't actually stop. First, they'll complain about every aspect of its appearance, the wrong gun sounds and damage output, based on what we see before it's released. Then after it's released British players will complain it's overtiered, everyone else will say it's undertiered, and all the other issues that people normally whine about.

It's the cycle any new thing to War Thunder has to go through.

Yes, but that whining will primarily concentrate on the aircraft section of the forums, which I hardly ever visit...
    Last edited by Tankfriend; August 30, 2015 at 06:09 AM.

WHERES MUH BRIT TANKS?

Last edited by Markas; August 30, 2015 at 11:50 AM.

Hunter:

Question: Where in the tech tree is the Hunter going to be placed? After the last Meteor, or in the Hawker line after the Tempest Mk II?

Answer: It will be placed in the Hawker line after the Tempest Mk II.

Question: The Hawker Hunter gun sound on the video was the one used by Mk 103. Is it planned to change it ? Especially with such a big difference in fire rate.

Answer: Yes, now it’s a placeholder and we do plan to add authentic sounds for these guns.

Question: Can we expect the speed of 1,150 km/h (once fully upgraded) as it historically was or will it be a bit nerfed?

Answer: 715 mph (1,150 km/h) was the speed of the F.6 version. Anyway it will be the fastest aircraft in the game with the top speed of about 685 mph (1,102 km/h) in horizontal flight.

Question: Will it have air brakes?

Answer: Yes it will.

Question: Will there be optional ground ordnance such as rockets or bombs?

Answer: No, this version of the Hunter had neither rockets nor bombs.

Question: Will the aircraft use a placeholder FM or a brand new FM?

Answer: It will have its own FM.

Comes Domesticorum

Yeah, putting it after the Tempest, such fail.

High Tier prop -> Top Tier jet.

And I can already taste the tears of everybody who wanted a Mach 1.5 ground attacker. xD

The Roman Republic's Avatar Alea iacta est
    Citizen Content Emeritus

We ought to have a thread dedicated to skins?

They went and destroyed their game again, I guess? I don't know who's making those silly decisions, but even the most retarded idiot should be aware that compressing the BRs even more is a bad idea.
    http://forum.warthunder.com/index.php?/topic/267615-battle-rating-economy-changes-september-2015/#entry5189487
    Last edited by Tankfriend; September 23, 2015 at 01:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tankfriend View Post
    They went and destroyed their game again, I guess? I don't know who's making those silly decisions, but even the most retarded idiot should be aware that compressing the BRs even more is a bad idea.
    http://forum.warthunder.com/index.php?/topic/267615-battle-rating-economy-changes-september-2015/#entry5189487
    They are just desperate in milking the game. They hope that the BR change will force those poor guys who are trying to get top tier tanks to buy their way in. They don't want satisfied players, because those won't spend money on premium, RP conversion or modules. They want players striving for something they won't be able to reach without a lot of pain or buying their way. That's why the BR gains were gradually slashed and why they compressed the top tier now.

TBH it's obvious that Gaijin has no idea what to do with the game now. They have no idea how to implement any kind of real endgame mode, so they're lacking incentive for players to progress...so they're trying to get as much dough as possible from those few players who strive for something in the game.

It's especially sad because the community is always giving them so much feedback that even a total idiot should be able to find a viable solution.

Comes Domesticorum

The community in general is pretty stupid. I've been back on the forums for a while now, and yeah there are lots of solutions, but still.

The problem I've been having with the new MM is that while any game I play with a 6.7 will only have 4 7.7 tanks per side, it usually ends up that the majority of the games I play are in these matches. Perhaps it's because I'm in US tanks and everything is better that I can't really tell the difference, but this change hasn't really affected me.