Page 15 of 158 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415161718192021222324254065115 ... LastLast

Thread: War Thunder - F2P WW2 plane "MMO" from the makers of Wings of Prey

Comes Domesticorum

Default Re: War Thunder - F2P WW2 plane "MMO" from the makers of Wings of Prey

I think they're trying different things, because these repair costs can get pretty high. Shouldn't be so high unless it's higher tier, IMO.

Omar Nelson B.'s Avatar Senator

Yeah I love the game but gonna sit it out for awhile. It's way better than World of WP for sure imo.
    "Ours is a world of nuclear giants and ethical infants." Omar Bradley
    Pics

Comes Domesticorum

Definitely. I only tried that game for a few hours, such a limited selection of planes, and the controls were terrible.

controls were terrible.
    This, so much this!
    Pics

Comes Domesticorum

I had to use mouse because my joystick for some reason wasn't working with their game, and man, they're so behind WT's mouse controls. There's no conceivable way I'd ever play their game over WT.

saxdude's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

So I just got into this, havent played it though, is it good?

Decanus

Quote Originally Posted by saxdude View Post
    So I just got into this, havent played it though, is it good?
    Yes.

But for the love of God, don't be a nab and focus on British planes.

Haven't played too much lately, but if you want, we can fly together sometimes.
    Last edited by Timbab; December 19, 2012 at 05:50 AM.

It's good but I'm considering flying only the free planes and bi-planes for a while.
    Pics

Comes Domesticorum

The Soviet free planes are an excellent way of getting yourself some good credits.

Decanus

Fly Japanese planes if you want them monies. They're amazing.

Shot down 10+ Spitfires and Hurricanes in one round with my Ki's, it was amazing. Solid dogfights too, I was the last one alive.

Well Im not planning n buying anything really, I might go soviet or Japanese.

Decanus

What's your ign? Japs are awesome.

ign?

Decanus

Quote Originally Posted by saxdude View Post
    ign?
    In game name.

Comes Domesticorum

So, I'm thinking of maybe purchasing a starter kit, and i'm between the XP-38G and the Fw-190-D13, though after trying out the XP-38G I'm not very impressed with it as a plane. I wish I could try out the Dora as well.

Oh, and what is it with British planes and their insane rate of climb? I'm finding that it's easily one of the most important statistics about a plane, since in some planes it takes me forever to reach a high altitude from where to pounce.

I personnally bought the D.520, the only french plane of the game and I'm quite happy with it. For 5$ it's ok.
    French commentaries for TW and RTS:http://www.youtube.com/user/leviath40

Decanus

Quote Originally Posted by Stavroforos View Post
    So, I'm thinking of maybe purchasing a starter kit, and i'm between the XP-38G and the Fw-190-D13, though after trying out the XP-38G I'm not very impressed with it as a plane. I wish I could try out the Dora as well.

Oh, and what is it with British planes and their insane rate of climb? I'm finding that it's easily one of the most important statistics about a plane, since in some planes it takes me forever to reach a high altitude from where to pounce.

Ultimate Starter is the best deal imo, 13000+ eagles, 2 months premium, all extra planes and the extra campaign.

Comes Domesticorum

Yeah...and it costs like, 80USD lol.

Decanus

I payed 64 Eu, not too bad imo, tad more than a new game.

I got my monies worth already.

Comes Domesticorum

I'd rather save up that money for Rome II, especially if there's some pre-order bonus. No doubt if I had the money I'd probably get the ultimate kit though, definitely worth it.

How do you find the Dora vs. the P-38?