Thread: War Thunder - F2P WW2 plane "MMO" from the makers of Wings of Prey

Comes Domesticorum

Default Re: War Thunder - F2P WW2 plane "MMO" from the makers of Wings of Prey

Quote Originally Posted by Tankfriend View Post
    Probably the buffed 88mm shells wreaking some havoc.
    Ugh probably. Every US team should just be Jumbo Shermans with the high-velocity 76mm, just like all German teams are basically all Tigerspam.

Been playing some Realistic in the 6.0s by the way, and yeah - it's comfortable enough there so far. The fact that all the little scrub tanks don't get the nice coloured cross to tell them where to shoot makes for a much better survivability rate despite the glaring weakspots. I'm surprised that I've hardly met any tanks above my own BR, yet, though.
    And I'm also surprised how easy it is to just estimate the correct distance to the target. One match on Kursk the other day, I immediately killed the enemy AT positions 1.2km away with the first shot each, then later on scored a hit at a moving target over 1.6km after a couple of ranging shots.

Comes Domesticorum

Been playing some Realistic in the 6.0s by the way, and yeah - it's comfortable enough there so far. The fact that all the little scrub tanks don't get the nice coloured cross to tell them where to shoot makes for a much better survivability rate despite the glaring weakspots. I'm surprised that I've hardly met any tanks above my own BR, yet, though.
    And I'm also surprised how easy it is to just estimate the correct distance to the target. One match on Kursk the other day, I immediately killed the enemy AT positions 1.2km away with the first shot each, then later on scored a hit at a moving target over 1.6km after a couple of ranging shots.
    Yeah, it's quite easy to determine the distance thanks to the sights on the gun. It also helps having a high velocity gun like the Panther 75mm. It's why it's always a bad idea in Realistic and Sim to go up against Germans at long distance.

Comes Domesticorum

Ugh, they made realistic more realistic and removed markers for enemy vehicles.

I don't know if I like this...the whole reason I played realistic and not simulator was because of the markers.

Really? They finally made it good? I've been waiting for this update for ages. Finally you can set up ambushes and not play the minimap spotting game combined with "shoot the player name".
    Prof's Mods (Attila Mods)
    Creator of Polemarchia: Total War
    Under the patronace of Epistolary Richard
    <- Now with Attila screens

Comes Domesticorum

Quote Originally Posted by Prof View Post
    Really? They finally made it good? I've been waiting for this update for ages. Finally you can set up ambushes and not play the minimap spotting game combined with "shoot the player name".
    Yeah, but they should have kept it in Simulator. What's the point in Realistic if it's basically the same as Simulator? Only difference now is 3rd person view (big whoop) and that you still see your own team markers in Realistic.

And mouse aim for aircraft...there are a lot of people who can't handle flying in Sim battles.

Comes Domesticorum

Quote Originally Posted by Prof View Post
    And mouse aim for aircraft...there are a lot of people who can't handle flying in Sim battles.
    I avoid sim battles because my joystick is from about 2003 and is terrible and my computer screen is small so I have a much harder time spotting enemy planes.

But then that begs the question...if they make this spotting change in Ground Forces for RB, shouldn't Air Forces RB remove indicators as well, and simply allow for mouse aim instead of joystick?

Quote Originally Posted by Stavroforos View Post
    I avoid sim battles because my joystick is from about 2003 and is terrible and my computer screen is small so I have a much harder time spotting enemy planes.

But then that begs the question...if they make this spotting change in Ground Forces for RB, shouldn't Air Forces RB remove indicators as well, and simply allow for mouse aim instead of joystick?
    I actually think, this would be a good move.

Comes Domesticorum

Maybe, but they should have brought in a new game mode for those of us who don't think it's a good idea.

I like the change to realistic ground forces a lot. It makes for a much more tactical and careful gameplay than before with the markers on everyone, but it still feels more dynamic than simulator, imho.

So anyone exited about Armored Warfare?... The whole healtybar system pretty much killed it entirely for me :/ This is the one mechanic that WT got right about tank warfare.

Comes Domesticorum

Yeah I can't say I like the idea of HP or of not progressing down a nation's tech tree. The types of tanks are great and I wish they could be in a game that was more like War Thunder.

Yeah I can't say I like the idea of HP or of not progressing down a nation's tech tree. The types of tanks are great and I wish they could be in a game that was more like War Thunder.
    This. Literally the only thing that interests me about AW is the modern-day equipment. If only WT could include all the vehicular content (excluding completely fictional stuff and arty sniper mode) from WoT's Tier 1s all the way up to whatever will be AW's endgame stuff... I would be willing to call it one of, if not the, best tank game of all time.

Comes Domesticorum

Well, they're already pushing the ground forces content into the mid-Cold War, since we'll be seeing T-62, M-60, and Leopard 1...maybe they'll push it even further, but I have a feeling too many WWII fanboys will hold it back. Hopefully enough of the German fanbois will be more interested in seeing Leopard II though....

too many WWII fanboys will hold it back
    Yeah, great. Don't like it, don't play it. As if the game were forcing anyone to play something specific. Unfortunately, fanboys usually don't get the idea behind that mentality.

Comes Domesticorum

From one of Lassar's Q&As...

"5. We are not going to do paper planes for Germany. "

Um....what? Gaijin is so confusing...they add the Ho 229...then they say no paper planes for Germany...

It had prototype test flights - that's probably enough for them not to include it in the paper planes that didn't go beyond drawings, or something.

Comes Domesticorum

It had prototype test flights - that's probably enough for them not to include it in the paper planes that didn't go beyond drawings, or something.
    Yeah, after more reading, Gaijin doesn't include planes which had a prototype built as being paper planes...which is why we'll be seeing the Me 262 HGII.

My god, so much butthurt by realistic air battle players over getting access to arcade maps on the official and Steam forums.
    Last edited by Tankfriend; March 29, 2015 at 12:04 PM.