Thread: War Thunder - F2P WW2 plane "MMO" from the makers of Wings of Prey

Comes Domesticorum

Default Re: War Thunder - F2P WW2 plane "MMO" from the makers of Wings of Prey

Quote Originally Posted by brandbll View Post
    I got sick of playing the realistic battles or whatever they are. I couldn't take spending all that time climbing and climbing and climbing and climbing, and then getting shot down in a couple minutes once you finally got there. I wish you could select to spawn in the air and they would just spawn you at a certain height based on your climbing speed.
    Indeed, it's the reason I play realistic battles but with bombers. Although, in typical Gaijin fashion to appease the Whinewaffe, attack aircraft now spawn at the same altitude as bombers, entirely defeating the purpose of having bombers spawn at a certain altitude at the beginning of the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Stavroforos View Post
    Indeed, it's the reason I play realistic battles but with bombers. Although, in typical Gaijin fashion to appease the Whinewaffe, attack aircraft now spawn at the same altitude as bombers, entirely defeating the purpose of having bombers spawn at a certain altitude at the beginning of the game.
    When you say attack aircraft do you mean everyone or the likes of Me. 410s and such? I don't mind them starting everyone off higher up. I feel like it would maybe encourage better team work, because honestly it was non-existent when i use to play a lot. Being in a bomber you'd basically have to circle and wait for any fighter to come up and give you protection and hell, none of them wanted to do it anyways. So this at least puts people mroe in your immediate vicinity.

Comes Domesticorum

Quote Originally Posted by brandbll View Post
    When you say attack aircraft do you mean everyone or the likes of Me. 410s and such? I don't mind them starting everyone off higher up. I feel like it would maybe encourage better team work, because honestly it was non-existent when i use to play a lot. Being in a bomber you'd basically have to circle and wait for any fighter to come up and give you protection and hell, none of them wanted to do it anyways. So this at least puts people mroe in your immediate vicinity.
    It means that when you fly in your allied bomber, a German attack plane with more cannons than a battleship is at the same altitude as you, but you have no fighter protection and have to shoot down planes which can kill you in one shot and are much more durable than single engined fighters.

It means that when you fly in your allied bomber, a German attack plane with more cannons than a battleship is at the same altitude as you, but you have no fighter protection and have to shoot down planes which can kill you in one shot and are much more durable than single engined fighters.
    Yeah, that's dumb...

Leonidas The Lion's Avatar Until we win! Or die.
    Content Emeritus

This new Stalingrad event is so broken
    Quote Originally Posted by Jom View Post
    When using the stick and carrot approach, remember that what you have to do is shove the carrot up their arse and then beat them with the stick.
    Check out my YouTube Channel here
    Under The Patronage Of jimkatalanos
    Patron Of
    Murfios,
    Bolkonsky and DekuTrash

Noif de Bodemloze's Avatar The Protector of Art
    Content Emeritus

I have opened my skin works: http://live.warthunder.com/user/La_Noif/

Some screenshots about my works:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Comes Domesticorum

Too Finish 😄

Noif de Bodemloze's Avatar The Protector of Art
    Content Emeritus

Too Finish ��
    "Finnish" :p

I have worked on finnish stuffs because I like them and nobody else have done. Now I am working on other countries and fictional stuffs like this razer plane:

Razer fw-190a-1 dmg model
    Last edited by Noif de Bodemloze; July 19, 2014 at 11:20 AM.

Here's some food for thought and possible inspiration: P-40E Hello Kittyhawk.
    börk börk

So does the first Pz IV in the tier 2 line just have a god awful gun or is there some secret to shooting a T-34 in the ass at point blank with AP and getting it to penetrate? Some jabroney was occupied with my teammate so i rolled around him thinking i had him and aimed, fired and nothing. Got one more off and it was the same deal. The first was just a straight shot, square in the upper middle; and the second he was moving a little so there was a slight angle. I ended up tracking him with the next shot and then getting one-shot which was ridiculous considering the circumstances.

You can basically forget AP with the Panzer III and IV until you get the long guns. APCR/HEAT and praying are your best bets, though HE works decently on the Panzer IV, too.

Comes Domesticorum

I had remarkable success with the long 75mm guns on the Pz IV line against T-34s, and the Pz III with the 50mm is almost as deadly. The early short 75mm is a terrible terrible gun, as it was in real life against the T-34.

John I Tzimisces's Avatar Get born again.

The long 50mm gun on the PzIII also has the advantage of being more accurate and higher velocity than even the earliest long guns on the PzIV.

It also shoots way faster thanks to the smaller caliber, but is basically as lethal as the long 75mm if you know where to aim. Quite the killer, especially at short ranges.

Comrade_Rory's Avatar Protector Domesticus

This x5 rp special is going to drive me insane. I just want to get the x5 for my American planes but the team are god awful.

1st Match: I get 2 kills and we lose because a German Me-410 hides at the sides of the map and in the last second, he strafes one of our guys landing and then flies off again.
    2nd Match: Everybody goes after the AI, obviously we lose that one. I didn't even get a kill then because I ran into the entire German team but I did crit one.
    3rd Match: I decided to take the premium Spitfire out (premium P-51 in the other two) and I ran into 3 German players and I had to dogfight 3 of them, I critted one and killed another, then I got shot down. I said to my team "I had 3 on me. Where was my help?" and they just responded "ok".
    Then I see a P-51 chasing a Fw-190 who was low to the ground, he was spraying and eventually set him on fire. I looked behind him and 2 other P-51s were chasing THE SAME BURNING FW-190!
    To make things worse? They had to overtake a second Fw-190 who was chasing the first P-51, just so they could get the burning one!!!!

Hey guys, been playing this game for a while now. My ingame name is 'Hound_of_Culan". I just ran into Comrade Rory by luck in an RB battle today and so now I'm trying to get into the squadron. Brusilov if you see this then let me in the squadron prease.
    "Aut viam inveniam, aut faciam." -Hannibal Barca
    http://[IMG]http://img52.imageshack.....png[/IMG]

Brusilov's Avatar Local Moderator
    Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Hounf of Culan View Post
    Hey guys, been playing this game for a while now. My ingame name is 'Hound_of_Culan". I just ran into Comrade Rory by luck in an RB battle today and so now I'm trying to get into the squadron. Brusilov if you see this then let me in the squadron prease.
    Done - thanks for the PM. I do check this thread regularly and also the thread in my signature.

There are two people who have also applied to join the squadron - VirginK on the 16/7 and YAW on the 24/7. Does anyone know who these people are on here?

Local Forum Moderator (Total War: Eras Technical Help, Shogun 2: Total War, RSII, RTR, World Of Tanks) - please no PMs

War Thunder TWC Player Names: here

Hey guys, its just me or the first stug 3 is way too good?

Cause i just got into the tank battles, and i got 42 player tank kills on just 15 battles with it, and im really not that good

And does shot traps work on this game? Been aiming for it on pretty much every tank.

Oh and another thing, any word when will we get the british tanks? Considering that 2 of my top 3 favorite tanks are british (firefly at the top and then cromwell, the other is the jagdpanther) i sure cant wait for it.
    Last edited by Wulfburk; July 28, 2014 at 07:30 PM.
    Then, as throngs of his enemies bore down upon him and one of his followers said, "They are making at thee, O King," "Who else, pray," said Antigonus, "should be their mark? But Demetrius will come to my aid." This was his hope to the last, and to the last he kept watching eagerly for his son; then a whole cloud of javelins were let fly at him and he fell.

-Plutarch, life of Demetrius.

Arche Aiakidae-Epeiros EB2 AAR

Comes Domesticorum

I haven't seen shot traps work, because I've been aiming for the early Panther mantlets and not getting them bounce back down into the chassis.

I personally can't wait for American and British tanks, but I don't see them being released any time soon. There will be some tiering issues though I think because of the differences between American and British tank philosophies and German ones.

Paradox596's Avatar Libertus

I was wondering if anyone could give me their opinion if grinding out the g5n1 and g8n1 is worth it. I really enjoyed the g4m1 and ki-49 series, but I've heard that the g5n1 and g8n1 are very delicate for their size and armament.