Thread: War Thunder - F2P WW2 plane "MMO" from the makers of Wings of Prey

Comrade_Rory's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Default Re: War Thunder - F2P WW2 plane "MMO" from the makers of Wings of Prey

I used to love playing as the Japs but then I sort of went off them because I just wasn't that good. They really do have some of the best players in the game.
    I just played a match now, first match of the day, in that Saipan event. Japanese start off outnumbered anyway but 2 of our players disconnected and 1 of our 2 N1K2s crashed for no reason.
    We still managed to win.
    I got 3 assists and 2 kills and the remaining N1K2 on our team got a whopping 5 kills.

Here is the link to the replay from that match I posted before.
    This is the link to the match I just mentioned. I die from AA towards the end but the last 2 guys go on to win.

I hope that somebody makes a War Thunder replays website like wotreplay. I tried attaching them via TWC but it didn't work.

John I Tzimisces's Avatar Get born again.

You can't archive them then attach?

I tried it with the first Zero match. Did it work? I'm not very good with attachments if you hadn't noticed.
    Attached Files Attached Files

John I Tzimisces's Avatar Get born again.

Yes, that worked. Only certain filetypes can actually be attached, you'll notice.

Brusilov's Avatar Local Moderator
    Citizen

When you go into the advanced mode in order to attach a file it shows which types can be used.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Local Forum Moderator (Total War: Eras Technical Help, Shogun 2: Total War, RSII, RTR, World Of Tanks) - please no PMs

War Thunder TWC Player Names: here

I swear this game hates me. I must hold the game record for most assisst kills. In Arcade it always happens that you end up shooting an enemy with 3 planes or killstealers grab your prey, but it's getting out of hand. I hit them, shoot them critical, I set them on fire, but they just won't die. They'll still happily fly away until they are hit by the next one.

So gutted this was a loss. Those 3 kills, Bearcat, MiG-9 and F-84 (I'm in the D-13).
    We could have won too... the last guy on the enemy team was an F-80 and he'd landed, our last D-13 could easily have strafed him but the tickets ran out from the ground battle.

Comes Domesticorum

I love being a bomber in Berlin and causing a win through tickets even though the Krauts have shot down the rest of my team.

So I got myself some golden whatevers from the weekend battles, and now I'm sitting at 1960 of those and feeling like buying a plane. What would you gentlemen suggest? I play mostly AB as steam venting.
    börk börk

Comes Domesticorum

British Mustang, Japanese FW-190, XP-50, are good choices. How much is the American Spitfire nowadays? I think they hiked up the price, but it used to be below 2000 GE so if still is, then that's the best bet.

The Mustang Mk1A isn't as good as it used to be purely because of MM.
    I don't know what it's like in arcade but in RB, it gets put up against P-51s, Bearcats, mid Fw 190s, La-7s, La-9s etc... basically the German fanboys moaned on the forums so the Mustang's BR got raised to a ridiculous level. Which is a shame because it's my favourite of all the Mustangs.

The Spitfire IX got it's BR raised too but it's still pretty competitive and I always do quite well in it. It was one of the first premium planes in which I got the mark of distinction.

Sigh...whinewaffe..
    Would be going for the mustang as my first choice without any hesitation if it weren't for the ludicrous BR.
    börk börk

Comes Domesticorum

It's probably a bit more potent in arcade, but yeah, if it's got a ridiculous BR I'd be wary of it.

So damn sexy.

King_Porus's Avatar Senator

Dayum that's a fine plane. I kind of wish I had focused on one nation because now it will take forever to get the sexy planes considering the limited time I have.

Quote Originally Posted by King_Porus View Post
    Dayum that's a fine plane. I kind of wish I had focused on one nation because now it will take forever to get the sexy planes considering the limited time I have.
    You'd be surprised. I had no jets not long ago but now I've nearly completed the British tree (just cba researching the last 2 Meteors), I've got my first American jet and as soon as I buy 4 more Russian tier IV planes, I'll be able to start researching Russian jets. The need to own 6 planes on every tier idea is so stupid.
    Oh and I'm halfway through the K-4, so it shouldn't be too long before I can start on the 163.

Comes Domesticorum

I've unlocked all the British jets, I just need to buy the last two Meteors and the Vampire at this point. I made a point of leveling it up so I could try out the upcoming British sexiness as early as possible!

Only tree I haven't gotten jets in yet is the Japanese one, and since I level with bombers it's much harder since Jap bomber suck.

Quote Originally Posted by King_Porus View Post
    yup those are really sexy planes. My ultimate goal is the F9F panther, they look

I'm around tier 3 with 4 nations, so a long way to go. I guess I should enjoy it, once you have everything there is nothing left to look forword to .

I think I'll focus on Russia and the USA now. I'm having a blast with the Cobra's and Yak's.

Comes Domesticorum

So turns out they're giving the US the B-57A...bollocks.

Quote Originally Posted by Stavroforos View Post
    So turns out they're giving the US the B-57A...bollocks.
    Yep. It's funny how they're willing to break all their rules about timelines and only putting in full production aircraft etc when it means Germany or Russia are getting something awesome.
    Though they break those rules only to give the US a pre-production variant of a bomber.

Then they decide they have to stick to the rules for the British in order to add the worst variant of it's line. Not to mention they've also used the timeline rule to argue that we shouldn't have the Supermarine Swift and we should feel happy that they bent the rules to give us the Hawker Hunter.

They really do like to pick and choose what rules matter and when.