View Poll Results: How do you feel about CA's choice?

Voters
259. You may not vote on this poll
  • I'm happy with Rome 2 TW and hope that Victoria TW (or Empire 2) never happens.

94 36.29%
  • I'm happy with Rome 2 TW but I'd be happy with Victoria TW (or Empire 2) as well.

139 53.67%
  • I'm not happy with Rome 2 TW. I wanted Victoria TW (or Empire 2).

7 2.70%
  • I'm not happy with Rome 2 TW. I wanted something other than Rome 2, Victoria TW (or Empire 2).

4 1.54%
  • Not sure.

3 1.16%
  • Don't care.

12 4.63%
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Poll on CA's choice

Default Poll on CA's choice

Seems like everyone wants to make a thread on how great CA's choice is or how bad it is. Let's put it to numbers. Please vote after reading all options.

You guys can take "and hope that Victoria TW (or Empire 2) never happens" as "I don't prefer it to happen" if it's too strong for some.
    Last edited by PointOfViewGun; July 07, 2012 at 01:36 PM.
    The Armenian Issue

♘Top Hat Zebra's Avatar Praepositus
    That place you go to when the world becomes too much? I'm in the world. I'm why it's too much.

Default Re: Poll on CA's choice

Huh?
    "Rajadharma! The Duty of Kings. Know you: Kingship is a Trust. The King is the most exalted and conscientious servant of the people."

Quote Originally Posted by ♘Top Hat Zebra View Post
    Huh?
    What?
    The Armenian Issue

♘Top Hat Zebra's Avatar Praepositus
    That place you go to when the world becomes too much? I'm in the world. I'm why it's too much.

Oh, nevermind. I guess the poll wasn't showing up for me, or something...

I am ecstatic, personally. I was thinking it would be a Victoria game, but Rome 2 is great as well!
    "Rajadharma! The Duty of Kings. Know you: Kingship is a Trust. The King is the most exalted and conscientious servant of the people."

Rome 2 was the title i wanted to see. That said, i wouldnt mind a Victorian age (or Empire 2) game either. But Rome is definitely on the top of the list.
    "I will say it again, there are no bugs in this game. No melee bug, no formation bug, no suicidal general bug, nothing."

M2TWRocks, when speaking of N:TW (Source)

MasterBigAb's Avatar Valar Morghulis
    Content Emeritus

For me personally Rome II was the best way to go. My next choice is a Victoria (or Empire 2 one), then a Medieval 3.
    After that some completely new setting is a MUST

Muizer's Avatar member 3519
    Patrician Artifex

Took the first option, although it is a bit too strongly against Victoria or Empire II. I wouldn't want to deprive players of those games for eternity. I wouldn't play those, however, so I'm happy they don't make those instead of Rome II (which is what the second option suggests).

I think it's encouraging that CA have the attitude that the series can be moved forwards without necessarily going forward in time.
    Last edited by Muizer; July 07, 2012 at 05:02 AM.
    "Lay these words to heart, Lucilius, that you may scorn the pleasure which comes from the applause of the majority. Many men praise you; but have you any reason for being pleased with yourself, if you are a person whom the many can understand?" - Lucius Annaeus Seneca -

Tim_Ward's Avatar Campidoctor
    Up High in the North, at the end of my rocky road

It was time for Rome 2.
    Dominion of Dust. A city of sand. Built your world of nothing. So how long did it stand?
    A 100 years? Now wasn't it grand? Built your world of nothing. How long did it stand?
    What did you think would happen? When did you think it would all fall down?
    Domain of dust in a land of sand. Did yourself right, so let's feel grand.
    Domain of dust in a land of sand. Now there's nowhere left to stand.

I have been waiting for this game for years now.

And I didn't vote that I hope, Victoria, or Empire 2 would never happen to piss people off, but because I just don't like the scenarios.
    Prof's Mods (Attila Mods)
    Creator of Polemarchia: Total War
    Under the patronace of Epistolary Richard
    <- Now with Attila screens

Petroniu's Avatar Domesticus

I don't see the point of this. Rome 2 is the most anticipated TW game since the first was released. It had unit diversity (and that is because it is something specific to that era, not that CA did a good job at it) and it was moddable; this things made it last through ages and become even more popular. Now that ETW was a failure (which CA recognized in the interviews about the making of NTW - saying that they took extra care with NTW and it became what ETW was meant to be) and that a lot of people wanted another shot at that (a better one) under the form of a Victorian age TW game is very understandable and I think we will have that in the future. But why people are against Rome 2 and some even say no more sequels (WW isn't possible on a TW game - WW1 had entrenched thus static battles while the complexity of WW2 is something even the most dreaded modder wouldn't go against; also, you don't have other time periods to do games from! -> those that say other places are left out maybe a Med3 with China in it and the mongols to play from the begining would be a quite awesome, wouldn't it?) is quite absurd. Rome was a great game that now go old and since it was a great hit it is normal they made a II. And that is great. People should enjoy it, not making polls about it and hope that somehow it will make CA lay off R2 and make "Victoria TW" for them.
    Last edited by Petroniu; July 07, 2012 at 07:00 AM.
    RTWRM - back to basics

Maximus_54's Avatar Miles

Why are the only options Victoria or Empire 2. What the hell.

I'm more than happy with Rome 2, and I would also be happy with Victoria, or Medieval 3, wathever. It's Total War, unless they go for a ridiculous fantasy or futuristic setting they'll always get my money.

I was happy with the choice, but I fear that they may need more time to complete such an enourmous title.

I guess, Ill wait and see...

Finn's Avatar Total Realism

Best choice for a Total War game since the original RTW!

magpie's Avatar Artifex

I like to see a company thats confident enough to put its rep on the line with a new version of maybe its most famous game.
    The fact that they are devoting some years to its development shows they are serious and know whats at stake.
    It will be a bid for total glory or a crucifix on the Appian Way.
    That said, More power to them and yes it is the game to go for. ROME 2 is the right choice.

For those who would like a modern game it will come sometime down the track.

sponsered by the noble Prisca

Quote Originally Posted by magpie View Post
    I like to see a company thats confident enough to put its rep on the line with a new version of maybe its most famous game.
    The fact that they are devoting some years to its development shows they are serious and know whats at stake.
    It will be a bid for total glory or a crucifix on the Appian Way.
    That said, More power to them and yes it is the game to go for. ROME 2 is the right choice.

For those who would like a modern game it will come sometime down the track.
    Yes
    Apparently they've already spent a year or so working on it and we've got the release in one and a half years,
    that's two and a half years spent working on the game! They really must want this to be the best one they've made.

Don't care. It didn't matter to me what era CA chose; if the gameplay is like the past three TWs, it isn't worth buying. If they show that the gameplay/modding capabilities are more along the lines of Rome and Medieval 2, then I'd get the game; if not, I wouldn't. Not many historical settings I don't care about, so I would've been "happy" with Rome 2 or Victoria.

I liked the choice, but then again, after Shogun 2 it was obvious they were going for Rome 2.

We don't need ETW2 now after RTW2, ETW is still too new. Give me Medieval 3 with complex feudal mechanics based on Crusader Kings 2, and I'll be happy.

Irishman's Avatar Let me out of my mind

I'm very happy with Rome, but would have loved to see an ancient China or Asia game.

I sincerely hope that the Total War series never ventures into the 18th Century or later ever again. Empire almost killed my interest in the series (and I had pre-ordered it), I hope they won't make that mistake again.
    The flow of time is always cruel... its speed seems different for each person, but no one can change it... A thing that does not change with time is a memory of younger days...

Under the perspicacious and benevolent patronage of the great and honorable Rez and a member of S.I.N

He who joyfully marches to music rank and file, has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice. This disgrace to civilization should be done away with at once. Heroism at command, how violently I hate all this, how despicable and ignoble war is; I would rather be torn to shreds than be a part of so base an action. It is my conviction that killing under the cloak of war is nothing but an act of murder.

I'm delighted with Rome 2, would be less happy with Victorian TW. None of the options really seem to fit that.
    OPEN BATTLEFIELD CAPTURE POINTS AND IMPACT PUFFS HAVE GOT TO GO!
    REVERT INFANTRY THROWING PILAE TO ROME TW'S SYSTEM AS IT WAS PERFECT!

Mobo: GA-P35-S3, CPU: Intel Core 2 Quad Q8400 2.66Ghz, GPU: AMD HD 6850 1GB, RAM: 4.Gb Corsair DDR2, Sound: Audigy 4, O/S: Windows 7 64bit Home Premium

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast