Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Wrath of the Norsemen BETA Download Patch 1.3.2 RELEASED

Default Re: Patch 1.3 Released

I was gonna go to work, but then I got WotN
    Because I got WotN
    Because I got WotN

Haha awesome release! Thank you for all the work!!

Macrath's Avatar Domesticus

Default Re: Wrath of the Norsemen BETA Download Patch 1.2 RELEASED

Downloaded and starting my first campaign now
    Which faction to choose? Decisions decisions

Great work man

Historian - all things Viking Son of absinthia

Heathen Storm's Avatar Where's my axe?

Quote Originally Posted by Úlfhéðinn View Post
    Great work man
    Ulf! Good to see ya mate
    Last edited by Heathen Storm; October 14, 2012 at 03:37 PM.

Proud mod leader, modeller and public relations officer of Heiðinn Veðr: Total War

demagogos nicator's Avatar Domesticus

Great news, looking forward to try it now

_Tartaros_'s Avatar "Harzschütze"

yuppi!!
    dowloading soon

Horsa's Avatar Artifex

Really proud of what you've achieved here.

and there might just be more to come...
    i have started work on some of the stuff layed-out in this thread, mainly Project A in addition to another one regarding Ancillaries. in its early phase project A is further described here.
    in addition to the two main skills described in links above, there will be two secondary skills or rather personality traits. i plan for two trees, one for religious and one for rational persons. this will affect the Chivalry/Dread attributes and both trees will branch out into each attribute. so a religious character can either become pious or fanatical, while a rational character can become either humanistic or cynical.
    this seems all quite straight-forward and i believe i have implemented the main framework, but next it start to get tricky as it involves both buildings and campaign-script.

at campaign start every faction is pagan, that is except the christian Franks. the Franks historical role is to export their belief into the cold north, making the Norsemen wrathfull... so far we have not done much to play on the religious conflict that arose, as such the religious personality traits does only concern religious fervor not flavour.
    there are a couple of scripts that seem to convert obotrites and denmark to christianity at certain turns(2 and 360). but i would like to use this more actively in the campaign, that a faction could choose to convert and that individual characters can choose to convert. this would require campaign-scripting, which is a bit more complicated than simple trait triggers.
    ideally i would like an interesting set of missions and events tied in with religions and conversion, both for christian and pagan. the Frank Empire were initially thought to be used as a non-playable papal_state faction. but that did not quite work out and people seem to like to play them, so...

i guess the function we wanted out of the papal_state faction was crusades. perhaps there is a way to call crusades without a pope?
    also there is a "IAmPope" trait that has a stange effect, the effect is "Level 1". i wonder what would happen if that trait were given to a faction leader, without a papal_state faction active? hell, i wonder what would happen with a papal_state faction active...?

i suppose what the team could benefit from now is an experienced scripter, that can answer stupid questions, test ideas and make the general frame-work for scripts to be implemented.
    Hr. Alf han hugg til han var mod, Han sto i femten Ridderes Blod; Så tog han alle de Kogger ni Og sejlede dermed til Norge fri. Og der kom tidende til Rostock ind, Der blegned saa mangen Rosenkind. Der græd Enker og der græd Børn, Dem hadde gjort fattig den skadelige Ørn.
    Anders Sørensen Vedel

I think that you should give the Gotlanders a new accent, Arabic doesn't fit them too well...

Kahvipannu's Avatar Bring me Solo & wookie

Thanks for this, chances sound great

Kambe's Avatar Biarchus

Nice one

Don't preorder games!

Default Re: Patch 1.3.2 Released

due to reassons of personal concern development of next patch were cut short.
    in order to lessen the number of downloads needed to fully install the mod, i combined it with the files of the previous patch(1.3).
    so it has been dubbed 1.3.2

Caveat! the files has not been very well tested!

the mostly complete changelog:
    Changelog v1.3.2
    1. Rebuilt trait system from scratch, based on minimal vanilla traits.
    2. Added dukal title Ancillaries for faction leaders.
    - Added kingly title ancillaries for Norway, Sweden, denmark and Balt... not distibuted or triggers made.
    - Kept historical Character traits made by Ulfhedin.
    3. Franks are now hre, the papal_states are set-up as a dummy faction for Christian factions to be able to call crusade. the papal_states AI label is frozen and the Pope sent off-map, supposedly he will not age.
    - The Franks(hre) has been set to excellent Papal relations, crusade requests should mostly be accepted for them.
    4. Fixed Kvenland(scotland) faction description, now it appears.
    5. Cleaned up BMDB, EDU and EDB, removed plenty vanilla units. Left Bodyguards, Peasants, Artillery and Siege equipment in BMDB and EDU. Removed Aztec Bodyguard from EDU.
    6. Added Slave and Merc to all unit entries in BMDB, except characters.
    7. Added Slave to all units in EDU.
    8. Edited descr_campaign_db to use the alternative Piety mode, like in RTW it give no religious unrest.
    9. Added new rebel and mercenary zones, most areas are split between innland and costal regions.
    10. Refurbished some unused unit entries belonging to Frisland and Anglo-Saxons, used my old Anglo-Saxon roster and TGC HRE roster. these are intended used as local mercenaries and rebels, they do not belong to any faction.
    11. Made new Mercenary and Rebel labels and distributed them on the map, some divided in innland and cosastal. mercenary prices set to (old)EDU values for now.
    12. Re-ballanced all units both cost and stats compared to basic armour and equipment.
    13. Fixed bug that turned Gutland strat-banner symbols into Rebels symbol.
    Last edited by absinthia; October 31, 2012 at 09:37 AM.
    Hr. Alf han hugg til han var mod, Han sto i femten Ridderes Blod; Så tog han alle de Kogger ni Og sejlede dermed til Norge fri. Og der kom tidende til Rostock ind, Der blegned saa mangen Rosenkind. Der græd Enker og der græd Børn, Dem hadde gjort fattig den skadelige Ørn.
    Anders Sørensen Vedel

demagogos nicator's Avatar Domesticus

This new stuff sounds great

Aguirre's Avatar Decanus

great mod! would be nice to add some more diversity on the northern units, like more variation of colours on the cloaks etc, most are blue or green. brown or dark, dull red would be nice
    Last edited by Aguirre; November 06, 2012 at 04:52 AM.

Hi! I'm trying to download this amazing mod but can't get access to the file on gamefront. Keep getting "403 forbidden" messages.. Anyone have another download link?

Many thanks!

i will re-upload the whole modfolder and latest patch onto another site when i get home from work.
    problem with alternative upload site is that i will not be making an account(cant bother remembering more log-inns), so they will not keep for long.
    when most is set and done, probably begining of next year, i will ask to have the mod stored at TWC.
    Anders Sørensen Vedel

Thank you for the quick answer!

_Tartaros_'s Avatar "Harzschütze"

nice update
    will try the new balance system

added alternative download sites in 1st post.
    Anders Sørensen Vedel

Aguirre's Avatar Decanus

thanks for the re-upload. this mod is getting very interesting

got it now, thanks! somehow i cant get it in full screen or move the camera at all in battles. probably a easy solution, anyone know how?
    Last edited by Aguirre; November 08, 2012 at 02:03 PM.