Thread: "Naval Bombardment"

Maximus_54's Avatar Miles

Default "Naval Bombardment"

"There are also combined battles, so soldiers can jump out of boats to join the battles on land, and artilleries on ships can "tear down cities"." - According to eurogamer.net
    I don't recall romans shooting at cities with ships

Civis

Default Re: "Naval Bombardment"

Meh, it's not that bad. I'm sure Alexander did something similar at Tyre so it's not SOOO ahistorical. In any event, it's better than having ninjas and "wailing women".

Also, I want to be able to fire baskets of snakes at enemy ships a la Hannibal.

Maximus_54's Avatar Miles

I'm just wondering as to how the bombardment would be with, how accurate it would be, what it's range was, how devastating it is. It really sounds like something similar from Shogun 2.

Hresvelgr's Avatar Campidoctor

I don't think it's like when you call down a bombardment in Fall of the Samurai. Some Roman ships did have stone-flinging ballistas which are probably what the developers are talking about that can be used to attack walls if you're attacking a port city like Carthage.
    I'm not crazy, I'm the only one who's not crazy!

Petroniu's Avatar Domesticus

Yeah, what Hresvelgr said is pretty much to be expected of the game. Naval bombardments like in FotS are unrealistic for that era and it would be in contradiction to their desire to have a much better historical accurate game.
    RTWRM - back to basics