Thread: Porting animations?

BM309K58SMERCH's Avatar Centenarius

Icon5 Porting animations?

Hello.
    I was wondering, is it okay to copy / port the animations (if that is possible) to Medieval II: Total War? Because animating accurate movements based on Japanese martial arts (which require a high degree of accuracy and efficiency) is really difficult, especially when you don't have a belt / degree in any of the budo.

And is it possible for MilkShape 3D?

But my most important question is whether it is legal or not. I'm making a mod that needs animations by CA, but of course i'm not using the mod with the animations to earn money. Just for my own satisfaction. I am asking this because i'm afraid of any legal issues and stuff which I don't want to get involved in.

Default Re: Porting animations?

I do not know, but ALL data of total war games seem to be copyrighted... i do not want to spoiler you, but shogun 2 is only 1 year old, and IF a possible copying comes out, you would be in REAL trouble.
    And the TW engine has changed multiple times back from M2TW to TWS2 and it could be hard to figure it out how to port these. but unless the figure/anim skeleton is not different, it should be possible. (SPOILER PROBLEM M2TW has no animated hands i think?!?)

The Hedge Knight's Avatar Fierce When Cornered
    Artifex

No.

Firstly, its illegal (to distribute).
    Secondly, there is no model/animation converter
    Thirdly, the skeletons are different so you would basicly have to make it again anyway.

BM309K58SMERCH's Avatar Centenarius

Oh Okay.

But now, does anybody know a website for reference videos of budo techniques? With extra emphasis on kenjutsu and kyujutsu (or kyudo)? (of course, also the rest of the budo arts)