Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Bug reports and Technical help

Aguirre's Avatar Decanus

Default Re: Bug reports and Technical help

Is it possible to remove the banners and green arrows in wotn? I know how to do it but cant find no preference.txt

when there are no custom file then the vanilla one is being used. i suppose you could make one according to your own preference and place it in WotN folder.
    Hr. Alf han hugg til han var mod, Han sto i femten Ridderes Blod; Så tog han alle de Kogger ni Og sejlede dermed til Norge fri. Og der kom tidende til Rostock ind, Der blegned saa mangen Rosenkind. Der græd Enker og der græd Børn, Dem hadde gjort fattig den skadelige Ørn.
    Anders Sørensen Vedel

♔Old Dragoon♔'s Avatar I'm Your Huckleberry
    Content Emeritus

I have a sound issue with this mod in battles and campaign map. On map when I click on a unit they do not say anything at all (normally they say yes my liege or something like that), I have music and gong sounds etc., just no voices. In battle I have music sound no battle sounds or general/captain speeches. I have tried to find how to fix this issue to no avail. Anything would be helpful...thank you. Very cool mod by the way...

It's a fresh mod, maybe some silver surfers [rebel leaders], the awkward 2 hand axe is powerless against spear, happened before in many mods. But I have to admit it's even great in beta
    Roma, Acta est Fabula
    Released! version 0.9B of the mayor overhaul mod for IB2 Vandalorum

♔Old Dragoon♔'s Avatar I'm Your Huckleberry
    Content Emeritus

Disregard my problem...it appears that a corrupt copy of Med 2 was the culprit.

the next fix is yet some time ahead.

meanwhile try the file attached bellow, as hopefully it eliminates the random campaign CTD.
    place it in:
    C:\Program Files\SEGA\Medieval II Total War\mods\WotN\data\
    and overwrite.
    Hr. Alf han hugg til han var mod, Han sto i femten Ridderes Blod; Så tog han alle de Kogger ni Og sejlede dermed til Norge fri. Og der kom tidende til Rostock ind, Der blegned saa mangen Rosenkind. Der græd Enker og der græd Børn, Dem hadde gjort fattig den skadelige Ørn.
    Anders Sørensen Vedel

Made an account just to discuss this awesome looking mod.

Unfortunately having some issues with file extraction of the WotN.7z folder. Am using 7-Zip File Manager, which refuses to uzip various important files including the .bat file used to start the game. Am going to try some other archive-opening programs, but thought I should let you know.

Til bardaga!

Heathen Storm's Avatar Where's my axe?

Quote Originally Posted by útlendinga_hyski View Post
    Made an account just to discuss this awesome looking mod.

Unfortunately having some issues with file extraction of the WotN.7z folder. Am using 7-Zip File Manager, which refuses to uzip various important files including the .bat file used to start the game. Am going to try some other archive-opening programs, but thought I should let you know.

Til bardaga!
    WinRAR should work. Worked for me

Proud mod leader, modeller and public relations officer of Heiðinn Veðr: Total War

Makrell's Avatar The first of all fish

The fish trading pic floats in the sky. Dont know if this is supposed to happen

Gibu's Avatar Foederatus

When I try to start the mod I get an error saying that the kingdoms.exe can't be located. What do I do now?

i recon that you have actually installed Kingdoms expansion, as that is required for the mod to run.
    then i guess you try to start the game by the shortcut, located in the WotN folder, rather than by the batch file it self.

if the above is correct try to run the campaign by doubleclicking the "WotNbeta.bat"
    i think the shortcut need to be draged onto your desktop for it to work, but not sure if it works for both Win XP and 7.

also remember to delete: C:\Program Files\SEGA\Medieval II Total War\mods\WotN\data\world\maps\base\map.rwm
    it seems a used file has slipped in with one of the patches, providing outdated campaign data.
    Anders Sørensen Vedel

demagogos nicator's Avatar Domesticus

I have noticed that Obotrites and Wendland Heavy Cavalry (generals bodyguard) has a little bug behind their left shoulders which makes them look like that they are pirced by some kind of weapon. In the other hand, Viking Hersars seems to be a pacifist scared of the sight of the enemy blood and therefore use only the blunt sides of their spears in melee (btw. would not the swords fit them better anway?)

Quote Originally Posted by demagogos nicator View Post
    Viking Hersars seems to be a pacifist scared of the sight of the enemy blood and therefore use only the blunt sides of their spears in melee (btw. would not the swords fit them better anway?)
    could you please provid a screenshot of this unit?
    i am not sure what has happened, in fact i am not entierly sure it should be active.
    the Hersir i made were indeed a sword unit, but it is used for Viking Captains.
    Anders Sørensen Vedel

There is certainly a unit called Hersar is available in the custom battle for all viking factions. Now, when I played another battle with this unit I get that this unit was probably intendet to be a sword unit armed with several heavy javelins. The problem is that the unit probably do not have allowed misile attack in its files which leads to the fact they can not thow their javelins and when they get to melee they use the javelin which they had in their hands in the way like it was a sword.
    I have also noticed that Obotrit Nobles (Obaudreste Velmozhe) threw their javelins with the blunt side to the front and sharp point to the back.
    Unfortunately, I could not provide any screenshot yet as my new computer allways make a screenshot of the desctop instead the one of ingame situation when I press the print screen buttom during the battle for some unknown reasons.

There is certainly a unit called Hersar is available in the custom battle for all viking factions.
    aha, custom battles you say. that explains a lot.
    this mod has been in development since the early stone age and a lot has been changed back and forth. the Hersar is the remains of a redundant unit belonging to Anglo-Saxon Britain, which is not on the campaign map(any more). i suppose we have not made much considertaion of the custom battles, whilst focusing on the campaign bit. one can expect several redundant units to be available in custom battles, on the other hand there might also be units missing.
    so if a unit does not have propper icons and information cards, the chances are that it is a redundant and possibly defunct unit.

I have also noticed that Obotrit Nobles (Obaudreste Velmozhe) threw their javelins with the blunt side to the front and sharp point to the back.
    javelin assigned to right hand bone rather than weapon bone, should be fixed for next patch.
    Anders Sørensen Vedel

Here are some notes from my campaign as the Franks:

Milites Fideles v Milites Pueri
    If I underestand it correctly, Milites Fideles should represent veteran part of Milites who have prooven themself in combat alredy and therefore could afford better armour and are supposed to be more skilled in battle while Milites Pueri are the younger less expirienced and worse equiped part of milites. However, the prices and stats in game does not really resemble this situation, as Milites Pueri are more expensive then Milites Fideles both in recruitment price and upkeep and their stats are identical except their charge bonus wich is extremly low for the Fideles (only 2 points) in comparation with the other cavalry units (10 for Scara Sua, 8 for Pueri and Caballari).

Other issue is that Milites Fideles are recruitable only in Jarls Hall (it would be great if the franks could have their own names for the buildings) but when you upgrade the Jarls Hall to the Kings Hall you will lose the ability to recruit Fideles and you will get Scara Sua instead (at least according building browser). Is there any reason for replacing Fideles with Scara? Could not they coexisted?

Scutari Minores v Exploratores
    I have noticed that price and upkeep of Exploratores is significantly higher than price and upkeep of Scutari Minores (and even Stagittari Minores) despite the smaller size of the unit. Does it have any balancing reason?

Obotrites
    When I moved my forces eastward to the broders of the Obotrites I got message that they arranged an alliance with me and converted to christianity. I did not have any previous diplomatic engagmesnts with them neither wished to ally with them. Is it a scripted event? If yes it is not very historical as Obotrites resisted christianisation and preserved their old gods at least untill XIIth century.

Rebel captains
    And finaly, it seems that rebel captain lack skin or something as he seems to be transparent.

Thanks again for making this great mod
    Last edited by demagogos nicator; October 05, 2012 at 01:58 PM.

Milites Fideles v Milites Pueri
    the prices and stats in game does not really resemble this situation

when you upgrade the Jarls Hall to the Kings Hall you will lose the ability to recruit Fidele
    both fixed.
    Scara is supposed to be a rare addition. as the name "Scara Sua" it is a detachment of his(Kings) own men.

Scutari Minores v Exploratores
    I have noticed that price and upkeep of Exploratores is significantly higher than price and upkeep of Scutari Minores (and even Stagittari Minores) despite the smaller size of the unit. Does it have any balancing reason?
    Exploratores would be men hired to scout ahead of a campaign, spying and sabotage. they are hired, not levied and as such require deacent pay. i have how ever increased their stats a bit to compensate.

Obotrites
    When I moved my forces eastward to the broders of the Obotrites I got message that they arranged an alliance with me and converted to christianity. I did not have any previous diplomatic engagmesnts with them neither wished to ally with them. Is it a scripted event? If yes it is not very historical as Obotrites resisted christianisation and preserved their old gods at least untill XIIth century.
    meh, you will notice also a message that Charlemange dies. while in fact he had probably died many turns ago. these events were entered prior to some factions, such as Franks and Obotrites, so this might seem a bit strange now.
    but i thought they would have been set to apropriate dates

of course now these events has to be re-scripted to appear when such events actually happen in the campaign. but that is not my field of expertiece, so it will not come with next patch.

the Franks were thought to be given a role compareative to the Papacy and their campaign purpose to spread christianity. initially we were not sure they should be playable but rather used as a scripted campaign element.
    we would have liked to put more emphasis on the conflict of religions and its relation to diplomacy. idealy each faction would have had its own unique dieties reflected in buildings and beneficial effects, as opposed to converting and the effects there of.
    this is not likely to happen though, unless somoene step forward with a great plan and the skill to implement it...
    Anders Sørensen Vedel

Thanks for your comprehensive answer

Senator
    In the icey lands of Norway... which aren't actually icey... more like rainy.

The Norse faction's UI has a wooden background texture that makes it quite hard to read text (which is in a dark green colour). Maybe the text colour needs to be changed?

does this show up in any other circumstances than the events that has no other text than "description goes here"?
    Anders Sørensen Vedel