Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Bug reports and Technical help

Harđurāđaz's Avatar Senator

Default Re: Bug reports and Technical help

Quote Originally Posted by Sweden98AD View Post
    Thanks

It was a really long time ago I played this serie so I cant remeber how to open the console ?
    On swedish keybords it's the "Ö" key to open the console

Oh tanks man

Well now the crash comes instead at turn 50 with the independet factions, the crash hapends when a unite move forward towards a forest?
    I dont get this, maby its me who has a corrupt install?

Quote Originally Posted by Sweden98AD View Post
    Oh tanks man

Well now the crash comes instead at turn 50 with the independet factions, the crash hapends when a unite move forward towards a forest?
    I dont get this, maby its me who has a corrupt install?
    Can you screenshot it?

Historian - all things Viking Son of absinthia

Indefinitely Banned

I attacked Rikala and the defender was an arab.

textures bug after 42 turn http://img715.imageshack.us/img715/7261/texturesrt.jpg
    If you run the game again - it'll disappear for 2-3 turns and pop up again

_Tartaros_'s Avatar "Harzschütze"

dhrr 0.8a-mod has the same graphical problems (when to many rightclicks with your mouse). i heard they solved it in 0.9 version.

Hi, for all my shame i can't even launch the mod.I did the installation as described(i have the steam version of the game), but when i try to launch the batch file, i get the Total War Launcher screen, where i choose Medieval II total war, which then crashes with the text "Medieval 2: Total War encountered an unspecified error and will now exit". Without the mod the game works fine.Am i doing something wrong? )

Quote Originally Posted by balrog1987 View Post
    Hi, for all my shame i can't even launch the mod.I did the installation as described(i have the steam version of the game), but when i try to launch the batch file, i get the Total War Launcher screen, where i choose Medieval II total war, which then crashes with the text "Medieval 2: Total War encountered an unspecified error and will now exit". Without the mod the game works fine.Am i doing something wrong? )
    Yes, exactly the same here.

1. 60 turn Hard\Veryhard for Rygjalandi. There is one frustrating issue so far - AI uncapable of recruiting even Karlar((( 90% of theirs armies consist of vigamenn.
    2. Money from looting settlements is too much.(somebody already talked about it)
    3. It seems, that amount of Hirdmen is too big. AI doesn't use main part of them in field combat - they seat in the towns. But player (at least me) use all of them in this way. Probably, garrison script can help in leveling player's advantage in this issue

Quote Originally Posted by balrog1987 View Post
    Rename your americas folder to something else(americas2) and your WotN americas.
    Then simply launch americas from the launcher

Some "special" unit sizes have to change.
    15/20 vs a much worse 30/75 unit sized army gets crushed by the "weaker" units.

(Hof-Veorir gets crushed by Hiromenn and Berserkir)
    So it feels not worthy to tech up for the much tougher units.

Gautland special archers, Veioimenn are actually worse than Bogamenn. 0o

Quote Originally Posted by Tobblish View Post
    Some "special" unit sizes have to change.
    15/20 vs a much worse 30/75 unit sized army gets crushed by the "weaker" units.

(Hof-Veorir gets crushed by Hiromenn and Berserkir)
    So it feels not worthy to tech up for the much tougher units.

Gautland special archers, Veioimenn are actually worse than Bogamenn. 0o
    Try my own file, put it in your WotN/Data folder, I have only changed the most Norse Units so far.
    -Changed unit sizes
    -Changed unit stats
    -Prices are lowered on some units
    Attachment 233282

I played 120 turns with Sweden, no major problems or bugs! The only minor things are that the navy from the rebels act weird, all the ships stay together all the time.

Another thing if you look through the building descriptions too much I have had several CTD but if I start the game again I can continue so no big problem.

It's true that the majority of the enemy his armies consists out of vigamenn and other low tier troops, this needs too be fixed probaly!

That's all I think, thanks again for a wonderfull mod guys!!!

Noticed a minor bug when moving my diplomat from the Island of Slagleysa (Denmark) to Odisvé (also Denmark). The distance from Island to Island, indicated with the green arrows, is so far that the diplomat cannot see when a general (of another faction) is standing on the other side (the other Island). So when you move your diplomat, without seeing that general, it starts moving, then you see the 'path blocked' announcement, but it can't stop there because he's in the sea. Then the game is having a hard time thinking and I thought it crashed, but apparently the diplomat was being moved all across the map to the other Island. I noticed it when I saw the light flash indicating where the diplomat is, on the northern shores of Prussia.

Took a total of 10-15 seconds, so it's a minor thing, but still.

Another two things:

I'm playing Rygjalandi and am at war with Prusia, though in the diplomacy screen, the logos of me and Prusia are shown in the wrong way. Behind Rygjalandi, it says 'enemies: Prusia' but for Prusia, the Rygjalandi logo is shown. And behind Prusia's enemies, it shows the Prusian logo, but the the text says Rygjalandi (correctly).

Another weird thing is that I was laying siege to a Prusian town, building a ram, and after the first turn of the siege they sallied forth to attack me with just 52 weak guys against my 250. There were some other Prusian armies nearby, but they didn't join the fight.

Some observations:

CTD caused by graphics issues - building cards all of the sudden weren´t displayed correctly. After pressing "end turn" game ctd-ed. Had that issue with HRE 7.0
    Maybe the attached log file is of any help.

A massive accumulation of "rebel" fleets (around 10 with at least three ships each) made "blockade port" missions almost impossible.

Rebel fleets have gone from one extreme (no interference at all) to the other extreme (my fleet of 15 ships got sunk after one turn not in a port). It seems impossible now to make a sea voyage, except for Island hopping.

Yeah I've had the fleet trouble too. I was playing as Denmark and as soon as I left port with my army and everything it got sunk, and it was a large fleet too.

_Tartaros_'s Avatar "Harzschütze"

just found a small coding bug:

as kurshi,
    if you upgrade the longhouse to karls or thanes longhouse the "skepunesi" unit disappear.

edit: there´re also tree higher tier units from the starting army that couldn't´t be build by any building. didn´t know if they where forgotten to code in
    Last edited by _Tartaros_; July 25, 2012 at 12:02 PM.

Updated the export_descr_unit file for those who dont like the small unit sizes

-Slightly Larger Unit Sizes.
    Spearmen:60
    Infantry:48
    Elite:40
    Inf.Bodyguard:16
    etc.
    -Almost all Norse, Slav and Finn Unit stats are done/changed using Real Combat 2.0, only Baltic units left to do
    -weak/peasant units are cheaper

Put export_descr_unit in to your WotN/data folder
    Attachment 234021
    Last edited by Harđurāđaz; July 26, 2012 at 07:52 AM.