Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Bug reports and Technical help

Kveldulf's Avatar Laetus

Default Re: Bug reports and Technical help

Quote Originally Posted by Úlfhéðinn View Post
    The units you mentioned are all corrected, check to see if you installed the patch correctly and don't have a data folder inside the data folder or something.
    Vikingar's animation will be fixed in patch 1.2 thanks for telling - I hadn't noticed that.
    And I will correct the hate venetians etc too.
    Your feedback is most appreciated!

Custom voices IS a good idea, one we tried to implement 2 years ago, unfortunatly the sound guy - Beiss couldn't continue working on it and so it is removed :/
    I'm happy to lend my voice to the units that require it, though my Old Norse pronunciation has become rusty, and my accent is sitting between Australian and Swedish at the moment, willing to give it a shot if you're interested, and I know a fairly decent community of Scandinavians that might be willing to pitch in, I can test the waters?

Quote Originally Posted by Ulfgard the Unmaker View Post
    I've noticed that the Ulfhednarr also use the spear attack animation.

I've played up to turn 80 so far. The AI is aggressive, and seems to have no problem amassing significant stacks and using them to hammer my defenses. It DOES appear, however, that they are consistently using lower-tier units. I know that much has been observed before, but every observation counts, no? I'm just happy I can be helpful.

• At Ogvaldrnes, when you select a unit in or near the city, there is an overlay of an enemy zone of control, even though there is no enemy present.
    Ulfhednar's spear attack will be fixed
    Lower tier units spamming seems to be mainly due to the inability to upgrade to palisade for the first 50-80 turns, I'll increase the growth in capitals to counter this.
    The rebel unit left at Ogvaldrnes will be removed.

+Rep for good feedback Ulfgard

Historian - all things Viking Son of absinthia

_Tartaros_'s Avatar "Harzschütze"

hello,
    i just saw that some units split up when attacking. only the first man attack, the other stay behind and form a second line. i think this is from vanilla me2tw - tatw got this solved in some time.

Heathen Storm's Avatar Where's my axe?

As Rygjaland, I noticed that my faction heir received the trait "Hates the Milanese". I'm unsure but I would believe the milanese to be a long way off both time- and geographically

Proud mod leader, modeller and public relations officer of Heiðinn Veðr: Total War

Quote Originally Posted by Heathen Storm View Post
    As Rygjaland, I noticed that my faction heir received the trait "Hates the Milanese". I'm unsure but I would believe the milanese to be a long way off both time- and geographically
    From the OP:
    Reported bugs being prepared for the upcoming beta patch 1.2:
    -Wrong faction referances in traits for generals

Domesticus

Well, didnt the Milanese exist at the time? Maybe he just randomly hates Milan even if its not in game XD Read a book about it. Or maybe met a trader from there and got ripped off

As a side note: some units display the wrong "weapon type" on their information sheet. For example, Jomsvikings and Rekkar both display "spear" as their weapon type on their information sheet, although they clearly use axes. They use the correct animations for axes, I am merely inquiring based on the discrepancy between what I'm seeing and what I read.

Javelin throwers will all have spears displayed as that is their primary weapon

Senator
    In the icey lands of Norway... which aren't actually icey... more like rainy.

Do religious buildings for the Viking factions steadily convert populations over to Christianity?

I tried building a Church and it did that at least, despite the Viking factions being pagan, and so far I haven't seen any options to build pagan temples. (played as Vestfold)
    Last edited by hekk; July 15, 2012 at 10:49 AM.

Harðurāðaz's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by hekk View Post
    Do religious buildings for the Viking factions steadily convert populations over to Christianity?

I tried building a Church and it did that at least, despite the Viking factions being pagan, and so far I haven't seen any options to build pagan temples. (played as Vestfold)
    There is a early building/shrine called Hörgr, build that instead of the Small Church and you can get pagan temples.

Senator
    In the icey lands of Norway... which aren't actually icey... more like rainy.

Quote Originally Posted by Harðurāðaz View Post
    There is a early building/shrine called Hörgr, build that instead of the Small Church and you can get pagan temples.
    Aha, thanks.

so...I've installed the mod, followed the instructions (Steam)...but the mod won't launch.
    I tried deleting the set launch options and use the steam App - which brought me into the load in screen but an unspecified error takes me down everytime

Kveldulf's Avatar Laetus

Quote Originally Posted by sportfriend View Post
    so...I've installed the mod, followed the instructions (Steam)...but the mod won't launch.
    I tried deleting the set launch options and use the steam App - which brought me into the load in screen but an unspecified error takes me down everytime
    Are you launching with the WotN batch file? Mine springs up with a command prompt box, and loads the game. Though I'm not using steam.

yes I'm trying to use that also but it's the same thing. I get into Kingdoms launcher and I'm not really sure which campaign to play with (including a custom one for this mod on Kingdoms app). Regardless none of them seem to be working. Going to assume that there is were some issues with previous mods that are conflicting.

EDIT:

reinstalling with 7zip to extract - not WinRAR......
    woops - would this really be the difference?
    Last edited by Badnercalabrese; July 15, 2012 at 01:35 PM.

I was playing as sweden for some 100 turns, in turn 60-70 my ui began to corrupt, Ihave seen such error only in HRR mod , not sure if someone reported that error, but I had to save and reload the campaign. Another bug I noticed was silver captain for vigamenn unit.

The more sand has escaped from the hourglass of our life, the clearer we should see through it.
    Niccolo Machiavelli

At turn 97 as Sweden I kept getting an 'unspecified error: mtw will now exit'. After loading the last autosave again, avoiding the battle I fought that turn, I didn't get the error. But now, two turns later, I get the error again.
    Any idea what goes wrong?

Kabeloko's Avatar Biarchus

I dont know if this was intentional, but when i pass the cursor over my units in battle, it doesnt show their stats, like "eager", "fresh" their name or anything...
    Is there a way i can solve this myself?

Quote Originally Posted by IVIarkI2I View Post
    I was playing as sweden for some 100 turns, in turn 60-70 my ui began to corrupt, Ihave seen such error only in HRR mod , not sure if someone reported that error, but I had to save and reload the campaign. Another bug I noticed was silver captain for vigamenn unit.
    Can you check your log for when the bugged UI occurred? And vigamenn officer will be corrected in 1.2
    Quote Originally Posted by Ish View Post
    At turn 97 as Sweden I kept getting an 'unspecified error: mtw will now exit'. After loading the last autosave again, avoiding the battle I fought that turn, I didn't get the error. But now, two turns later, I get the error again.
    Any idea what goes wrong?
    Can you please post a log for it?

Quote Originally Posted by Kabeloko View Post
    I dont know if this was intentional, but when i pass the cursor over my units in battle, it doesnt show their stats, like "eager", "fresh" their name or anything...
    Is there a way i can solve this myself?
    Install patch 1.1 correctly will solve your problem.

Javelin throwers will all have spears displayed as that is their primary weapon
    Alright. Wasn't sure if that was intentional, so I figured I'd check. Thanks for the answer!

Not bugs as such, but observations:

* The various sword/axe/bow/spear-master buildings give +1 xp at the first level, and weapon upgrade at level 2. This means if you upgrade to level 2, then it will no longer give XP. Is this intentional? Also, I believe weapon upgrades add to melee attack, meaning upgrading the bowmaster to level 2 means the bowmen will only benefit from it when going into melee. Finally, despite what it shows in-game, a weapon upgrade actually adds 5-6 to attack, making it a rather overpowered stat. Since the stats generally appear based on the Real Combat system, this can cause the most basic unit to have more attack than an elite unit. Perhaps change the second level to give 2-3 XP instead?

* There appears to be next to no armour upgrades for the various units. Only a very few Free_upkeep_unit units in the EDU. The lack of FUU's might be intentional, but I do feel most units should have at least 1-2 armour upgrades. I know this is just a beta, so I assume it'll be addressed later on.

* The various Bog Iron Excavation sites all add +0 income to mining.

* The minimap cannot be zoomed out enough so you can actually see it all at once. Going all the way south, the map won't show anything more north than Flóra, and zooming all the way north the map doesn't even go as far south as Flóra. I assume you'd need to expand the map east/west, to give it the proportions needed to fit in the minimap? Would it be an option to simply add water westwards, to make it fit, even if the British Isles are supposed to be there?