Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Bug reports and Technical help

Default Re: Bug reports and Technical help

Yeah, not save-game compatible, sorry forgot to point it out.

Historian - all things Viking Son of absinthia

First congratz whit the mod, it is really fun and also still have a huge potential.
    Proper map, nice units (shields) and intresting time zone. Looks also very stable.

Still a minor bug is that some generals (maybe all) general units are still silver.

ps. How do you convert to an other fate (same as in other mods or?), saw the obirites do this a couple of times.

Suggestion is in time too add the france cost or england cause now for the 'norway'' factions you just would love to go west to plunder there too

Domesticus

How do you do the error log, just to ask? I have a seperate gaming that doesnt go online

Hopefully IB2 CB2.0 will be out soon so I can get my sticks back, and maybe help in the Beta process

And yes, I absolutely LOVE the setting of this mod. Theres just not enough dark age stuff out there. Only this, The Last Kingdom, Heathen Storm's mod that I cant spell, and IB2 bring the dark age fun

And Dark Ages were some of the most interesting and violent times IMO

Heathen Storm's Avatar Where's my axe?

Jomsviking's officer is a silver surfer (at least, for Rygja)

Proud mod leader, modeller and public relations officer of Heiðinn Veðr: Total War

Is it the general or the bodyguard that's showing silver surfers? And which faction?

Error log can be found in M2TW\mods\WotN\logs and you want the M2TW log (not scripts). Open it copy the content and paste into a SPOILER here.

Quote Originally Posted by Úlfhéðinn View Post
    Is it the general or the bodyguard that's showing silver surfers? And which faction?

Error log can be found in M2TW\mods\WotN\logs and you want the M2TW log (not scripts). Open it copy the content and paste into a SPOILER here.
    Download the patch dude.

Woops! I mistook you for a random poster and misunderstood your message lol. My bad.

Auxor's Avatar Libertus

The Franks and Vendland factions do not seem to have any music for the campaign map. Also, the Franks use the German accent and refer to a Kaiser a lot. I recommend making some custom voices. I would help if I knew how.
    And when he reaches the gates of Heaven, to Saint Peter he will tell, "Just one more soldier reporting for duty, i've served my time in hell"

John6's Avatar Laetus

I am more than willing to post a spoiler with errors. Just a question.
    Should we post(in a spoiler of course) everything that says [error] , [warning] or the whole M2TW.system.log ?

Kursi, captain for Dullaiņi, and other unit which I dont remember. Then I fought against rebels captain, dont remember unit(if that matters) but he was silver surfer, but rest of the unit was Ok.

Does the silver problem look similar to this?
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    14:34:54.718 [system.io] [warning] open: models_strat/late_captain_northern.rum is missing

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    14:35:08.265 [system.io] [warning] open: mods/WotN/data/models_strat/textures/viking_general.tga.dds is missing

Laetus

I'm unable to actually play the game. I'm able to launch Medieval 2 fine normally, and when I uninstall WotN, but when I attempt to launch it from the batch file on the desktop a message comes up saying "Windows cannot find Kingdoms.exe," when I attempt to launch from the batch file in the folder it opens up the normal launcher and no matter which option I pick a message then appears saying "Medieval 2 has suffered a fatal error. When I attempt to launch from Steam with the Launch option of "@mods\WotN\WotNbeta.cfg," the Launcher comes up again, and no matter which option I pick a black screen comes up before disappearing, and the Medieval 2 Window disappears. I've uninstalled and reinstalled twice, so I have no idea what I've done wrong...

Hello, do You have 1.05 patch installed?

Quote Originally Posted by Tekamara View Post
    I'm unable to actually play the game. I'm able to launch Medieval 2 fine normally, and when I uninstall WotN, but when I attempt to launch it from the batch file on the desktop a message comes up saying "Windows cannot find Kingdoms.exe," when I attempt to launch from the batch file in the folder it opens up the normal launcher and no matter which option I pick a message then appears saying "Medieval 2 has suffered a fatal error. When I attempt to launch from Steam with the Launch option of "@mods\WotN\WotNbeta.cfg," the Launcher comes up again, and no matter which option I pick a black screen comes up before disappearing, and the Medieval 2 Window disappears. I've uninstalled and reinstalled twice, so I have no idea what I've done wrong...
    You do have M2TW - Kingdoms, right?

Also @ALL I'd like feedback on the AI' unit production and ability to move units in bigger stacks please.
    Last edited by Úlfhéðinn; July 13, 2012 at 12:39 AM.

Also @ALL I'd like feedback on the AI' unit production and ability to move units in bigger stacks please.
    Noted. I'm on something like turn 10 right now, so when I get to a reasonable time for the AI to build up its forces, I'll report in.
    __

• Bogmenn, Langbogmenn and Vikingar still appear to be missing textures (silversurfers) as Vestfold. To the best of my knowledge, I've installed the latest patch, but... it's possible that I mis-installed it in my haste. If this has been already corrected, then I'll try it again (this bug report is as much for me as it is for the beta).
    • Are Vikingar meant to be using spear animations? It's kinda odd, as they are an axe unit.
    • Traits regarding other factions call out the base culture, not what it is in your mod. For example: one of my generals has the trait "Dislikes Venetians." It would be great if that could be addressed, so it would be labelled as the faction present in your mod.
    Last edited by Ulfgard the Unmaker; July 13, 2012 at 06:26 AM. Reason: Doublepost

Doublepost, sorry.
    Last edited by Ulfgard the Unmaker; July 13, 2012 at 05:23 AM.

Kveldulf's Avatar Laetus

Just thought I'd point out that by turn 50 - 60, Gotland had conquered nearly the entire west of Sweden, other than that, got nothing to say on the AI unit factions, I've only been conquering rebel settlements.

Also, custom voices would be a great idea, more than happy to lend my voice.

Laetus

Yea, I've got Kingdoms patched to 1.5.

Quote Originally Posted by Ulfgard the Unmaker View Post
    Noted. I'm on something like turn 10 right now, so when I get to a reasonable time for the AI to build up its forces, I'll report in.
    __

• Bogmenn, Langbogmenn and Vikingar still appear to be missing textures (silversurfers) as Vestfold. To the best of my knowledge, I've installed the latest patch, but... it's possible that I mis-installed it in my haste. If this has been already corrected, then I'll try it again (this bug report is as much for me as it is for the beta).
    • Are Vikingar meant to be using spear animations? It's kinda odd, as they are an axe unit.
    • Traits regarding other factions call out the base culture, not what it is in your mod. For example: one of my generals has the trait "Dislikes Venetians." It would be great if that could be addressed, so it would be labelled as the faction present in your mod.
    The units you mentioned are all corrected, check to see if you installed the patch correctly and don't have a data folder inside the data folder or something.
    Vikingar's animation will be fixed in patch 1.2 thanks for telling - I hadn't noticed that.
    And I will correct the hate venetians etc too.
    Your feedback is most appreciated!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kveldulf View Post
    Just thought I'd point out that by turn 50 - 60, Gotland had conquered nearly the entire west of Sweden, other than that, got nothing to say on the AI unit factions, I've only been conquering rebel settlements.

Also, custom voices would be a great idea, more than happy to lend my voice.
    Custom voices IS a good idea, one we tried to implement 2 years ago, unfortunatly the sound guy - Beiss couldn't continue working on it and so it is removed :/

Played about 30 turns so far, and everything is working perfectly. I have seen one silver commander in a unit, I don't remember where. But that doesnt matter, it's a fantastic mod and very stable so far.

I've noticed that the Ulfhednarr also use the spear attack animation.

I've played up to turn 80 so far. The AI is aggressive, and seems to have no problem amassing significant stacks and using them to hammer my defenses. It DOES appear, however, that they are consistently using lower-tier units. I know that much has been observed before, but every observation counts, no? I'm just happy I can be helpful.
    -------------------------

Since I've got the patch installed properly now, I'm gonna have to update you again on campaign AI once I've played another 50-80 rounds.

Updates:

• At Ogvaldrnes, when you select a unit in or near the city, there is an overlay of an enemy zone of control, even though there is no enemy present.
    Last edited by Ulfgard the Unmaker; July 14, 2012 at 01:46 AM. Reason: Update