Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Bug reports and Technical help

Jyrre's Avatar Libertus

Default Re: Bug reports and Technical help

Ehm, a boat builder should allow u to build boats right? As häme i can't

Still enjoying this Just had a hålogaland province join my cause as they rebelled against their former masters

Hi. Firstable i have to say mod is bug free. There is issues described above , but this is beta so not all things are done, it is usual thing. But is there any sugestion thread? I have lot of issues regarding to many aspects of the mod. AI, Economy, AI army stacks, AI behavior, Game balance and so on. I have to say that tactical part is nearly without issues, but strategic one have lot of them. Mod has a great potential but need to be more intertaining. I am at 150 turn and nothing is really hapning. Enemies are defensless no one attacking me is just walk through a park in sundey afternoon. I play H/H. I didnt really played any battle up to 150th turn. Just sieges when i have full stack and enemy two, three units, so going auto play couse no point slaughtering poor rebels. We where doing beta testing in sundering and similar issues present in first stages, but we hade done reports and present beta is fixed. So maybe this would be good idea to do testing for each faction? I luv this mod, idea, models, peroid so i am ready to help if help needed. Kind regards to creators.

I believe boat builder is the first entry on the boat tree, no? If so it should not produce any boats as it is merely meant for making fishing and trading boats. It will increase your income but not make boats. Upgrade to next level.

Looking at the small armies of the AI, I believe it has problems understanding the requirements for the barracks tree. I do not think I've seen the AI produce a number of high end troops and I'm considering removing some requirements.

The AI will receive a bonus income for difficulty so I recommend you play VH/VH.
    In addition I do not like the way auto resolve is calculated and STRONGLY advice to play as many battles as possible manually.

Voje and Borcje will be removed from building tree for the faction Kursi. Heathen - go back to making more units

Feel free to suggest how to make the AI build bigger armies instead of running around with a couple of units for each army. The team is extremely limited to only a couple of guys and I'm doing all of the coding and scripting so any suggestions will be welcome.
    Last edited by Úlfhéðinn; July 11, 2012 at 03:55 AM.

Historian - all things Viking Son of absinthia

Kambe's Avatar Biarchus

Maybe simplify barracks build tree? Think the prerequisites for barracks are messing with AI

Don't preorder games!

Thats what i think is well. Simplyfie recrutment tree and give more slots since begining of the game. After tool shed is built 3 rekrutment slots should be given, also i have increased kings purse by 5000 for each faction and then this will give good kick off since start of the game. Map is really big so ammounts of money should be is well. By me villages are growing too slow. Maybe pick few which will grow faster then others in strategic key points. Or from the start they will be at 3rd stage (big wooden palisade i think). This will give cultural centers in few regions, where bigger forces will koncentrate, and will be easy to find place for big battle .

Increasing kings purse affects the player as well :/ 5000 extra for the AI to start with isn't much and should not affect the AI either. If you play on VH I've scripted in 7000 florins pr turn extra which will make a big difference.
    I've increased starting buildings and size of most factions' capitols.
    It looks like the first patch will be quite thorough and sizable for a patch

But its well worth it, couse U have done great thing which is bug free, ant this is big step towards a GREAT MOD. Models are just fantastic, and i love baltic struggle and i think not only me. Just take a time, take it easy and all things will be sorted out. Rome hasnt been built in one day! Good luck mate. I will go through VH/VH camp. and tell u what i think if u want me to. Preaviously i was going with Vestfold, now i will stick to Kursi couse i am a Slavian . Completly different region now.

Jyrre's Avatar Libertus

Quote Originally Posted by Úlfhéðinn View Post
    I believe boat builder is the first entry on the boat tree, no? If so it should not produce any boats as it is merely meant for making fishing and trading boats. It will increase your income but not make boats. Upgrade to next level.
    aha! my bad then

Heathen Storm's Avatar Where's my axe?

So doing a quick run-through of the Obodrites, the only units I can recruit through the building tree are the Boendr, Borcje, Voje, Lucinici and Konnica. The upper level troops are not recruitable at all, all the way up to the last buildings of the highest level.

Proud mod leader, modeller and public relations officer of Heiðinn Veðr: Total War

Problem will be corrected in the upcoming patch, check in later today

Heathen Storm's Avatar Where's my axe?

Quote Originally Posted by Úlfhéðinn View Post
    Problem will be corrected in the upcoming patch, check in later today
    It's about 22:00 at the moment here, so when would that be?

Proud mod leader, modeller and public relations officer of Heiðinn Veðr: Total War

Domesticus

What do you mean by remove the faction Kursi?

And yay patch! I'll be able to play it bug free

Chill bro, you misunderstood. I hope. I understand Úlfhéðinn will just remove those units from Kursi faction.

Also I forgot to mention that I'm able to recruit Lučnici from Kursi faction, but Lučnici are slavic, at least description says so.
    Turn ~110 and still nothing bad is happening, looks pretty stable release. Good job.

Northman75's Avatar Tiro

Oh man, I have been waiting for this mod damn long and first noticed it was finally out yesterday , congrats guys for that. I have played a couple of turns with vestfold, and for a beta it looks pretty good, the map is really huuuuuuuge. The bugs I have seen were already mentioned above, but are the unit sizes supposed to be so small? I have change the sizes to huge, but still only the lowest "peasant" units have around 120 men, all others a lot smaller (some 80, many 60 or less). It feels a bit weird if you are used to battle around with bigger armies. But anyway, great this mod has made it, thanks to the team

John6's Avatar Laetus

Is anybody here playing as the Kursi after turn 64 ? After turn 64 after clicking "end turn" the game encounters an unspecified error.Even when it doesnt an obotrite princess shows up and asks for trade rights . I accept and the game crashes . Anybody knows who to fix this ?

Domesticus

Northman75, I think you can increase the unit size, but the mod was designed for smaller sizes or something along those lines :3

Quote Originally Posted by John6 View Post
    Is anybody here playing as the Kursi after turn 64 ? After turn 64 after clicking "end turn" the game encounters an unspecified error.Even when it doesnt an obotrite princess shows up and asks for trade rights . I accept and the game crashes . Anybody knows who to fix this ?
    I did, no error at 64. Got an error at 125 though - I just started a new game tbh.

Quote Originally Posted by John6 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobinobin View Post
    I did, no error at 64. Got an error at 125 though - I just started a new game tbh.
    we did fear there could still occur a CTD. we have been tracking the problem, but due to its elusive nature never could be sure it was actually fixed. that is one of the reassons we decided to release it as beta, rather than a full campaign, we need help to find what causing the problem.
    now, if accepting trade rights from Obotrites while being Kursi causes a CTD, that is the kind of clues we are looking for.

if anyone experience CTD we would be cratefull if the error log were attached to the post describing it, or at least the last 10-15 lines, it might offer some clue as to what caused the crash.
    Hr. Alf han hugg til han var mod, Han sto i femten Ridderes Blod; Så tog han alle de Kogger ni Og sejlede dermed til Norge fri. Og der kom tidende til Rostock ind, Der blegned saa mangen Rosenkind. Der græd Enker og der græd Børn, Dem hadde gjort fattig den skadelige Ørn.
    Anders Sørensen Vedel

Northman75's Avatar Tiro

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Kriegtooth View Post
    Northman75, I think you can increase the unit size, but the mod was designed for smaller sizes or something along those lines :3
    Thanks, I thought so, that is was supposed to be that way, it looked just a bit weird the first time. And yes I know I could change the sizes in the edu, but I have actually no big problem playing with those smaller numbers, so its fine with me.

Is the new patch save game compatible? I crash every time I try to load an old saved game, but no crashes when I start a new one.