Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: crc error: data_2.pack doesn't match the file in the setup's .cab file

Default crc error: data_2.pack doesn't match the file in the setup's .cab file

crc error: The file C:\Program Fles (86)\Sega\ Medieval II Total War\packs\data_2.pack doesn't match the file in the setup's .cab file. The medium from which you are running the setup may be corrupted; contact your software vendor.

I have read on a couple 5 year old posts that it is likely the disk drive. But the problem with this is i bought the digital download on Amazon so i don't have any disks.
    I am running windows 7 on a Pentium Dual Core Processor with 4 GB of RAM.

I have also checked all my drivers so that can't be the problem.

Any assistance or insight would be of great importance to me. Thanks in advance.

irishron's Avatar Cura Palatii
    Moderator Emeritus

Default Re: crc error: data_2.pack doesn't match the file in the setup's .cab file

This means clean the disc real good because the laser can't read that portion of the disc. Check it for things like scratches, divots, dirt, food, etc.

Default Re: crc error: data_2.pack doesn't match the file in the setup's .cab file

I don't have a disk it was purchased as a file rather than a disk set.

I tried re installing but it gave me the same error but with a data_0.pack instead this time.
    Last edited by The First Triumvirate; July 06, 2012 at 11:34 AM.

Moderator Emeritus

Okay, where did you get it. This game will not install ISOs.

http://www.amazon.com/Medieval-II-To...myd_asin_block
    ^I bought the pc download
    Iv installed on my laptop and have had no problems but i can't seem to install it on my desktop.

Moderator Emeritus

Does Amazon have a limit on their download vesion or computers you can install it on??

Logged in as Administrator?

Try running it as Adiministrator?

Amazon doesn't specify. Does TWM2 normally limit the number of computers? I have bought Rome the say way and used that on multiple devices with the same validation key and have had no problems with that. I would think my digital dl of twm2 would be the same as the disks in respect to how many devices it can be utilized on.
    I have tried running as Administrator but to no avail.

Moderator Emeritus

It could just be a bad download.

Well i have narrowed it down. I just installed the same software on a different device and it works flawlessly. So that means that it is something wrong with my hardware? I guess that doesn't narrow things down too much.

Moderator Emeritus

It should not make any difference just to install.

Do you have the permissions necessary to installit on the desktop?

If it's the family computer as some I've read posted in here, another member of the family could have locked out of the ability.

Nope no permissions for installation. I did just put a new version of windows 7 64-bit on my personal pc yesterday, not that i think that would have any effect on this whatsoever. Would it be possible to run it from an external hard drive?

Moderator Emeritus

Disable the UAC, yet?
    Install all the motherboard drivers,Yet?
    Run Windows update and install all software options starting with Service PAck 1, yet?

This where you need to start.

Well i have tried everything you have stated but the error remains the same.

Moderator Emeritus

Done this from the C: drive icon, yet? http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=397636

I wish i could say that did the job but my data_0.pack still does't match the setup's cab file.

Moderator Emeritus

It usually doesnot do this on initial game installs but what other programs do you have installed including ISOs, virutual drives, EA games, to name a couple?

Have you tried a new, clean download since updating everything?

Post your dxdiag of the desktop.

http://s159.photobucket.com/albums/t...="Photobucket"

Yeah i have tried a fresh install a few times. And my computers pretty bare bones right now so i don't know what it could be clashing with.

Edit: Sorry about the picture i don't know how to make it work.
    Last edited by irishron; July 07, 2012 at 07:54 PM.

Moderator Emeritus

The link after I got it down to size is password protected.

Best use the "Go Advanced" button and the next page, use the paerclip to attatch it. .txt, .jpg, and .png work.

Post your dxdiag. http://shoguntotalwar.yuku.com/topic...-X-Diagnostics for reference.

Ahh Here you go.

Moderator Emeritus

Are you running Cross Fire?
    The graphics drivers need to br updated at www.amd.com as yours are the ones released with Win 7, three years old.
    If you are running CF, you will need the profiles from www.amd.com, also.

Do you have it downloaded to the internal or external? Which one are you tring to install it to?

You said desktop. why does it come up notebook? http://drp.su/drivers/notebooks/?v=F...&id=35421&l=en You will need these as long as they are free. If they want to charge there are other ways.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast