Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: multiplayer not working

Default multiplayer not working

ive been trying to play with a friend online battles and mp campaign and when i try to host a battle it sais 'u were droped from the game' and for mp campaign i get incompatible versions. this is the first time i install dm.
    pls help

Default Re: multiplayer not working

You must both enable the Mp script from the launcher settings->Enable MP Default
    And both of you should not change anything else in the options.

we tryed but same result. as a note we both do have napoleonic 3 tw mod installed too (we did restored vanilla files before starting DM) , could that be the problem?

i have done this as you say, yet me and my friend still got "incompatible versions". it is the first time he has ever run DMN. it is the correct version, 2.5 Mythos. We enabled MP default, then ran the programme. yet still incompatible. i dont want him to be put off from this mod's glorious epicness!
    so have you any suggestions?

Please uninstall any other mod, literally any other mod, and then please follow the instructions.
    Also you must both have installed correctly the DarthMod (uninstalled previous version, installed the new).

Now we can begin a campaign but the game gets stucked after a few turns (ex: the dutch attacked my fleet (GB) and my friend cant see the deployment screen to select fight battle or autoresolve, or he ends his turn and the game shows me its still hes turn) and 1 more thing is it possible to play emergent factions in MP campaign?
    For online battles we still get error "you were dropped from the game". pls help we really enjoy the mod but its sad that we cant play MP
    Last edited by Ovi200; July 10, 2012 at 01:12 PM.

I am absolutely positive about no mods: i have double checked all my appdata and ntw-->data folders; 100%. meanwhile, my friend has assured me he has never done modding previously.

so are there any other issues? do you think, maybe, simply uninstalling it, then reinstalling it at both ends? to solve an invisible computer issue? :l

Yep. a month ago i made that fatal error of confusing the "utilities, restore vanilla" with "campaign vanilla". i paid the price, and had to reinstall my game (though thankfully backing up my files). so i used the correct method to get rid of 2.4 and get 2.5.

so...are you saying, just reinstall 2.5 even though there are no changes?

also if you have time, i have seen you m ention on your posts about introducing a "hotfix" in the coming weeks/months? what is that? doees it change anything?

we have done as u said and we can play can play mp campaign but we cant play online battles (you were dropped from the game). are u planning to release another version?

Hey guys just install correctly this version >>>Download<<< DarthMod Napoleon v2.5++ "Mythos Edition" (10/7/2012)
    This is the latest version (the + denotes hotfix).

Also read this MULTIPLAYER WITH DARTHMOD (Problems? Read)

I urge also someone who plays DarthMod Multiplayer to help in this thread.

we followed the instructions u gave us but we still get the ''you dropped from the game error" after we host. any solutions to that?

Hi,

today I deinstalled everything, DM + NTW, deleted the Napoleon directory and then reinstalled Naopleon (from backup) and DM. But to no avail. In SP & MP I can read the 2.5+++ Mythos Edition message in the left lower corner (Version is btw 1.3.0. B 1754.335753) .

In SP I can play every Darthmod campaign or load a 4x save, no ctd or similar. Everything is fine. Just the MP modes landbattle and siege doesn't work (as I wrote in the other thread). And just to clarify, this problem is not a matter of playing together. When I host a game a few seconds later I get this message and I am at the host screen again.

regards
    sam

But you have to play with another one who has DarthMod set to MP exactly as you are. To organise it.
    It is natural to desync with random co-players who play different mods or vanilla.

-Edit
    Anyway, I will have to try it, when I have time with one of you.

I'll try to describe what I mean. When I host game, NTW switches to the next screen where I can normally change my army settings, invite people and so on. NTW loads for a time and when the little pictures of the armyunits (the oval ones) appear, a moment later I get dropped out. This has nothing to do with other people trying to come into the game or me inviting one. It doesn't come to that. And my games were password protected.

Thanks for your effort.

regards
    sam

Diodredai's Avatar Tiro
    Budapest, Hungary formerly Melbourne Australia

Quote Originally Posted by samspade View Post
    I'll try to describe what I mean. When I host game, NTW switches to the next screen where I can normally change my army settings, invite people and so on. NTW loads for a time and when the little pictures of the armyunits (the oval ones) appear, a moment later I get dropped out. This has nothing to do with other people trying to come into the game or me inviting one. It doesn't come to that. And my games were password protected.

Thanks for your effort.

regards
    sam
    I have the exact same issue that the gentleman above me has detailed.

I have the latest version of DMN, no other conflicting mods, I am not trying to play with someone who does not have the correct version/non DMN exct.

After I decide the parameters of the land battle I wish to fight, I click on host battle. This leads me to the unit selection screen, which loads in, and immediately a window appears with an error message
    that throws me back to the lobby of the game.
    Any ideas perhaps oh gracious master Darth?
    Last edited by Diodredai; July 23, 2012 at 08:13 PM.

Creator of the Unoffical DotS FAQ thread
    "Sagittis hungarorum libera nos Domine" (translation: "Lord save us from the arrows of the Hungarians")
    Creator of the Share your musical heritage! thread in the DotS forums

Quote Originally Posted by samspade View Post

Thanks for your effort.

regards
    sam
    Same issue here, constant drops.

I have enabled MP default, I have tried with numerous friends,
    all the same result.

"You were dropped from your game."

Or when they host,
    "You were dropped from the game."
    Everytime.
    Naval and Scenario battles appear to be working perfectly fine, however Land and Siege are totally broken.

Otherwise, great mod, love the SP. Thanks for your time Vader!

Quote Originally Posted by Ovi200 View Post
    and 1 more thing is it possible to play emergent factions in MP campaign?
    I really want to know this too. I dont get any response on my threads. Hope someone knows how to unlock all the factions in multiplayer campaign.

Also getting you were dropped from the game in multiplayer.. I can host a naval battle and scenario without problem, but with land and siege Im gettig dropped from my own game.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast