Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast

Thread: TW Rome II Petition

Default TW Rome II Petition

I do not know if this is allowed if it is not ,my apologizes .
    I have tried to post this on TW Forum ,but guess what happened ...

This is for all veterans,true fans,old school TW ,please vote !

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/Totalwarpetition

Default Re: TW Rome II Petition

Another ridiculous petition

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha TWC View Post
    And who are you by the way ?

This group is made with all the best TW players that exists ,veterans ,show some more respect for their opinion.

Indefinitely Banned

This group is made with all the best TW players that exists
    Yeah right.There is less than 200 of you on your site do you think you matter??

veterans
    What makes you a veteran??

Indeed

I would rather sign a petition for modding tools or modding opemimg the engine...

------CONAN TRAILER--------
    RomeII Realistic Heights mod
    Arcani
    I S S G A R D
    Creator of Ran no Jidai mod
    Creator of Res Gestae
    Original Creator of severall add ons on RTW from grass to textures and Roman Legions
    Oblivion Modder- DUNE creator
    Fallout 3 Modder
    2005-2006 Best modder , skinner , modeler awards winner.
    actually modding skyrim [/SIZE]

The group there is only 4 days old , is open to discussion and suggestions, and players finally have a united voice on community forums for each of the recommended issues , you can post there your modding suggestions and we ll support you .
    for examble is already a request my a member for a global chat lobby like Rome 1 /mtw2 for Rome 2 and we already have players help him over on posting at totalwar.com

alhoon's Avatar Comes Rei Militaris
    took an arrow to the knee

I actually disagree with your opinions mate.
    I want more complex campaign game and I don't care at all about multiplayer.
    I also have no problem at all with DLC if they're units since I can choose to... not buy them if I don't like them.
    alhoon is not a member of the infamous Hoons: a (fictional) nazi-sympathizer KKK clan. Of course, no Hoon would openly admit affiliation to the uninitiated.
    "Angry Uncle Gordon" describes me well.

Nothing wrong with DLC in some areas. For Example they could include extra armor kits, maybe another blood mod, whatever else.

Let's be honest, who here wouldn't spend $100.00 for R2TW? You won't pay more than $25.00 for all the DLC they will have to offer, so your looking at spending $75.00 at most.

- Wes

Huberto's Avatar Praepositus

"campaign game overdone"

You lost me there.

Boycott the dlc's? no chance dunno if you noticed but CA are the only company making the games we all love, supporting them with some dlc purchases is absolutely fine imo, i get far far more than my moneys worth every total war release and infact sometimes buy the games twice if i like the release to help ca that little bit.

I agree with some of your points but these types of approach do not work with ca, you would be as well making well constructed posts on all the major totalwar fansites, Although as someone who has played most totalwar games at a pretty high mp level i would hate to see multiplayer be anything like rome again as it was one of the worst in the series for multiplayer and a step backwards from stw1 and mtw1 which were brilliant multiplayer games. I dont see what was realistic about the rome mp engine when units ran around on ice skates :O

Totally agree with you on the foyer and map sizes tho and have been a supporter of getting back to the good old foyers of the past which helped make the community a good solid one unlike the fractured community of today.
    Support Totalwar Youtubers:
    Jackiefish commentary my Quarter final match tosa cup*
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wcr52zUAoTo
    Showing Pointman a 2v3 Tactic: He does well and carries it out to perfection first time*..
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tBrfDUr8f6M&feature=plcp
    Aggony Clan 1v1 Tournament match: Multiple casters check description for their youtube channels*:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZHoz8nS7ulY

Most who put some time in multiplayer would see that this has some substance no matter the source.

If you don't care about the MP then why comment at all. They could make DLC single player only I suppose and add all the unbalanced novelty content that you are prepared to buy.

Greve Af Göteborg's Avatar Protector Domesticus

I hold no interest in multiplayer, but I have no grudge against it. However this "petition" seems to want to nerf the singleplayer experience (See: "6.CAMPAIGN GAME OVERDONE"), and therefore I will oppose it.
    And I do not see how this is for veterans and true fans? who are these mystical "false fans"?

The only multiplayer that I have enjoyed in the total war series, is in the napoleon mod "Napoleonic total war 3". I think that the vanilla multiplayer is too arcadey and too fast paced for my tastes, I like big scale strategical battles. Not fast paced tactical skirmishes.
    Last edited by Greve Af Göteborg; July 06, 2012 at 09:35 AM.

What is the petition actually for?

I don't believe in clicking links unless I know where / why I'm going.

Quote Originally Posted by Greve Af Göteborg View Post
    I hold no interest in multiplayer, but I have no grudge against it. However this "petition" seems to want to nerf the singleplayer experience (See: "6.CAMPAIGN GAME OVERDONE"), and therefore I will oppose it.
    And I do not see how this is for veterans and true fans? who are these mystical "false fans"?
    Yep single and multiplayer are two seperate things with two seperate teams and as multiplayers we should not really be whinging about the great effort put into singleplayer, and infact a better singleplayer campaign will benefit multiplayer these days with the coops and 1v1 campaigns which will hopefully be more than 1v1 this release!
    Support Totalwar Youtubers:
    Jackiefish commentary my Quarter final match tosa cup*
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wcr52zUAoTo
    Showing Pointman a 2v3 Tactic: He does well and carries it out to perfection first time*..
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tBrfDUr8f6M&feature=plcp
    Aggony Clan 1v1 Tournament match: Multiple casters check description for their youtube channels*:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZHoz8nS7ulY

Foederatus

You speak mainly about multiplayer but single player ?
    Total war is a serie of single player game,the multiplayer are just here for attract more player
    So CA must improve single player before multiplayer and help the modding

Quote Originally Posted by Samourai View Post
    You speak mainly about multiplayer but single player ?
    Total war is a serie of single player game,the multiplayer are just here for attract more player
    So CA must improve single player before multiplayer and help the modding
    The point is that in Shogun 2 they did put a lot of effort into MP and that effort ended up giving us "skinner box" type reward mechanisms for playing, like call of duty, and "pay to win" dlc. It would be nice, in a way, if they made less of an effort.

Aeneas Veneratio's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by oOIYvYIOo View Post
    And who are you by the way ?

This group is made with all the best TW players that exists ,veterans ,show some more respect for their opinion.
    What makes MP players better than SP players?

As for showing some respect... I would never show respect for someone due to their "accomplishments" in a game.
    R2TW stance: Ceterum autem censeo res publica delendam esse

Tonno's Avatar Protector Domesticus

And Hotseat players crush multyplayer and singleplayer players .

No need for "smart" battles. Every complaiment/peticion/debate is good for us and the CA (if they are watching of course) as they can use the good content/or things that ppl agree on, or what most ppl want. ( just don't make the game easy )

Expansion packs>>> DLC's
    "For after the their baptism the Croats made a covenant, confirmed with their own hands and by oaths sure and binding in the name of St. Peter the apostle, that never would they go upon foreign country and make war on it, but rather would live at peace with all who where wiling to do so; and they recived from the same pope of Rome a benediction on this effect, that if any other foreigners should come against the country of these same Croats and bring war upon it, then might God fight for the Croats and protect them, and Peter the disciple of Christ give them victories."
    Constantine Porphyrogenitus >>De Administrando Imperio<<

always the same,it's boring

veterans? who is veteran?

Indeed

JackDionne's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by oOIYvYIOo View Post
    I do not know if this is allowed if it is not ,my apologizes .
    I have tried to post this on TW Forum ,but guess what happened ...

This is for all veterans,true fans,old school TW ,please vote !

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/Totalwarpetition
    I totally disagree you can still play classic battles.
    I posted this on another thread I started.

Total War: Rome II Avatar campaign (AC)/Classic battle, lessons learned from Shogun II

Some observations I would like to point out so that the next Avatar Campaign (for Rome II).

• Beta test it.
    • Allow resetting of specialty units.
    • Plug Pullers get a loss credit to them.
    • Debug camera, everybody gets it or nobody gets it.
    • Do not allow people to inspect their opponent’s win/loss record prior to a battle. People become intimidated if you won a lot of games; they see this and leave rather then play it out. It waste a lot of time looking for opponents because they leave rather then play it out.
    • Allow variety of Generals for classic battles, i.e. Melee, Bow, and Leadership depending on cultural traits.
    • As gamers we should also discuss realism mode for AC, when a veteran unit losses all its men should it be deleted?
    • When modifying stats on units for balance, adjust one thing at a time, not like what you did with the Loan Swords in Shogun II.
    • Keep the Avatar Campaigns separate, the same way you did with Fall of the Samurai. Rome II, Rise of Rome and Fall of Rome all three should be separated.
    • Insert speed stats for all units on the unit card.
    • Create a pdf doc for downloading explaining all the moral penalties and bonuses. This would help a lot of the new players out there understand why their men break and route away.
    • The Plumbatarii or Plumbata is thrown underhand see thread http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=380904 please have the animation portrait it.
    • See signature block.

Good TW players are like good hockey teams, they win most of their games but will never win them all.
    3K needs to have an Avatar Campaign!!!

Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast