Thread: Scripted Historical Campaigns

Default Scripted Historical Campaigns

Ok, looks like we're getting a huge Sand box, conqurer the ancient world game. But we'll probably also get historic scripted short campaigns as well. What short campaign would you like ?

I would like Hannibals invasion of Italy - Start at the siege of Saguntum, move around the coast, fighting or allying with gallic tribes, over the Alps, down into Italy. At this time Rome is only a loose confederation of Latin, Sabine, Etruscan, Samnite and Greek peoples, it's your job as Hannibal to break this alliance, by winning battles and negotiations etc You will occassionally get reenforcements from Carthage.

R
    oOo

Rome 2 refugee ...

oOo

General Dan's Avatar Tiro

Default Re: Scripted Historical Campaigns

ehh...i wouldnt say scripted. I think if CA did a scripted campaign they would've done one by now. Especially with napoleon total war. They might have like sub campaigns like napoleons. For example, The punic wars, and like you said, hannibals invasion of italy, exc.

Biggus Splenus's Avatar Primicerius

I want a Greek peninsular war, or Greco-Persian Wars

.. ahh , maybe next game ?

R
    oOo

Rome 2 refugee ...

oOo

Quote Originally Posted by Rorarii View Post
    .. ahh , maybe next game ?

R
    Man! your really determined on the next game being set in the era aren't you?

Quote Originally Posted by rude dude View Post
    Man! your really determined on the next game being set in the era aren't you?
    I don't want too much work pushed onto CA for one game, they'll either crack (giving us a buggy game) or it will be half baked! I'd Rather see it split into smaller releases.

As Henry Ford once said, "Nothings too difficult if you break it down into small (basic) components"

R
    oOo

Rome 2 refugee ...

oOo

I say leave the Scripted campaigns to the modding community. What CA is aiming for in R2TW is a campaign that can have many different outcomes. I could possibly seeing them include campaigns in some DLC (which I would be willing to pay for, because that much stuff to ask for in a single game is quite much). I remember some of the Historical mods we saw in the original Rome and I was very contempt with them. My favorite being Rome Total Realism: The First Triumverate.

I mean who wouldn't want to play as Caesar. =D

- Wes