Thread: If we can play as specific characters, who would you want to be? What other characters do you want in the game?

Default If we can play as specific characters, who would you want to be? What other characters do you want in the game?

If we can play as specific characters [in given culture], who would you want to be? What other characters do you want in the game?

Let us say you are playing as Rome, I assume you will be able to take on the role of e.g. Julius Caesar in a scripted campaign. Perhaps a few campaigns.

I hope to be playing such roles and my legions will get honour stats according to how well I do.
    I don’t know how these things will work but I hope that characters will play a major role as suggested.
    Formerly quetzalcoatl. Proud leader of STW3 and member of the RTR, FATW and QNS teams.

ChairmanCrassus's Avatar Semisalis

Default Re: If we can play as specific characters, who would you want to be? What other characters do you want in the game?

I would like a bunch of campaign DLCs that allow me to play as: Alexander the Great, Caesar, Belisarius, and Cyrus the Great.
    Interactive World Map from 3000BC to Present
    Interactive Scale of the Universe

"Me against my brother; My brothers and me against my cousins; Then my cousins, my brothers, and me against strangers" - Bedouin wisdom

Libertus

Default Re: If we can play as specific characters, who would you want to be? What other characters do you want in the game?

I'd like to play as Pyrrhus of Epirus or Publius Cornelius Scipio.

Stath's's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Seleucos Kallinikos, Vercingetorix, Burebista, Antigonos Gonatas.

TuranianGhazi's Avatar Biarchus

As enemies of Rome:

Hannibal Barca
    Attila the Hun
    Cleopatra and Marc Antony
    Vercingetorix
    Spartacus

Flavius Aetius against barbarians would be challenging and fun too

Arbitrary Crusader's Avatar Praefectus

Cicero.

♪ Now it's over, I'm dead and I haven't done anything that I want, or I'm still alive and there's nothing I want to do

So we want it to be personal, to be able to gain attachment to our characters in game.

I think this would give us far more involvement in the game, and I’d like there to be such characters for all factions.

I want to be that person - so to speak.
    Formerly quetzalcoatl. Proud leader of STW3 and member of the RTR, FATW and QNS teams.

Mausolos of Caria's Avatar Royal Satrap

Quote Originally Posted by ChairmanCrassus View Post
    Belisarius, and Cyrus the Great.
    I'm afraid even with DLCs they won't go that far away from the main timeframe, although I like both characters.

Anyway I'd say Scipio or Hannibal as well, but Caesar would obviously interesting as well. I wouldn't mind the Antonius- Octavian civil war, too, but we'd need Agrippa to fight the battles for Octavian then.
    "Pompeius, after having finished the war against Mithridates, when he went to call at the house of Poseidonios, the famous teacher of philosophy, forbade the lictor to knock at the door, as was the usual custom, and he, to whom both the eastern and the western world had yielded submission, ordered the fasces to be lowered before the door of science."

Pliny the Elder, Naturalis Historia, 7, 112

Black_Watch42's Avatar Libertus

Antiochus III the Great, Phillip V of Macedon, Diadotus of Bactria (If its in the game), and Scipio Africanus just to name a few. I hope they appear in-game on the time of their births. Also it would be cool if you could name your children by choosing from a list of names and make combinations from the word bank based on culture.

If I remember correctly CA seemed to be saying there would be a lot more emphasis on historical characters. I hope they didn’t just mean off the battlefield diplomacy etc, that would be lame.

I want Caesar on the battlefield personally, and I want his stats to reflect how well I do in each battle and overall in the campaign.

Indefinitely Banned

This guys!

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Vaskill's Avatar Civis

Vercingetorix

Sol Invictus's Avatar Domesticus

Scipio and Caesar.

Libertus

I want my Quintus the Great again (he was one of the 3 starting Julli in vanilla Rome).

I would actually like to try some of the lesser known characters from that time, since most of the famous ones are Romans since they were the dominant power (the victors are the ones who get to write history after all ). Maybe some middle eastern historical characters.

Titus Pollo and Lucius Vorenus