Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: We are next in the wrong direction

Default We are next in the wrong direction

OTHER ROME TOTAL WAR?
    EVERYONE KNOWS THAT WAS AT THE TIME OF A TOTAL WAR VICTORIA.
    WHAT WILL BE THE NEXT?
    Medievel 3, EMPIRE 2.
    I WILL BE WAITING TO BUY ROME 7!

Razor's Avatar Licenced to insult

Default Re: We are next in the wrong direction

Chill out man. They'll cash in first so they can earn credits for doing something a bit new and more risky in the future. I'm pretty sure Victoria and what not will be covered by Total War.

ChairmanCrassus's Avatar Semisalis

So you are going to wait until you are 90 years old? Fine with me.
    Interactive World Map from 3000BC to Present
    Interactive Scale of the Universe

"Me against my brother; My brothers and me against my cousins; Then my cousins, my brothers, and me against strangers" - Bedouin wisdom

lacostet12's Avatar Foederatus

Nice first post!!!
    In my opinion I found Medieval and Rome much much more entertaining than the newer games of the series. Empire and Napoleon felt like playing a game still in alpha phase, and Shogun 2 felt like it were rushed, cheaply and slothfull made.

Quote Originally Posted by lacostet12 View Post
    Nice first post!!!
    In my opinion I found Medieval and Rome much much more entertaining than the newer games of the series. Empire and Napoleon felt like playing a game still in alpha phase, and Shogun 2 felt like it were rushed, cheaply and slothfull made.
    I agree, except I could never run Shogun 2. Everything else I could at least play, but Shogun 2 took 15 minutes to start up, and the lag was unbearable

Rome is more interesting than pointy-shooty-crouchy-shooty.
    Supporter of Facial Hair for extra Manliness.

lacostet12's Avatar Foederatus

Ye, I had graphical issues with that game.
    In battles, the corpses looked like they had their own rave party or something with all that flashing and stuff.

JGL's Avatar Miles

I understand your pissed it isn't a new era or an geographical area new to total war. but please, how about you try to be constructive, even just a little bit? For example China, the rise of Genghis khan, that would have been awesome.

Nice use of the caps btw.
    The Moralizing Empire.
    "When my lovely tribe invaded other land it was for bravery and pride, if Rome invaded other land it was because Romans were the evil." Courtesy of Romanheart
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Ultra123's Avatar Senator

shogun 2 was boring straight up, small map cloned factions, i see it as making revenue and practising newer features for the true daddys of rome 2 and in a few years i hope med3

Quote Originally Posted by AAZA View Post
    OTHER ROME TOTAL WAR?
    EVERYONE KNOWS THAT WAS AT THE TIME OF A TOTAL WAR VICTORIA.
    WHAT WILL BE THE NEXT?
    Medievel 3, EMPIRE 2.
    I WILL BE WAITING TO BUY ROME 7!
    Didn't baby get his own way? Diddums...

Just because FoTS had a few Gatling Guns and railways, you automatically jumped to the conclusion that Victorian TW would be next? I told you - just because one title appeared to be introducing lots of new features that may be conducive to a Victorian TW, doesn't mean that's what's going to come next, so let's all remember that next time someone says 'oooh, they're adding this/that/the other, so this/that/the other must be next'! As I said at the time - did Empire/Napoleon point to Shogun 2? No. I called it as B.S - one of the few that did - and by God I was right!

Don't get the game - who gives a tiny damn? Fortunately, unlike you, most of the other people here who had their hearts set in Victorian TW are being slightly more grown up about it all and most are now embracing the idea of Rome 2!

Praise the glory of CA! Praise the glory of Rome 2!

Edit: Oh, and OP? Who is this 'we' you speak of? I don't think 'we're next in the wrong direction' at all.
    Last edited by SonOfCrusader76; July 05, 2012 at 03:42 PM.
    OPEN BATTLEFIELD CAPTURE POINTS AND IMPACT PUFFS HAVE GOT TO GO!
    REVERT INFANTRY THROWING PILAE TO ROME TW'S SYSTEM AS IT WAS PERFECT!

Mobo: GA-P35-S3, CPU: Intel Core 2 Quad Q8400 2.66Ghz, GPU: AMD HD 6850 1GB, RAM: 4.Gb Corsair DDR2, Sound: Audigy 4, O/S: Windows 7 64bit Home Premium

Quote Originally Posted by Razor View Post
    Chill out man. They'll cash in first so they can earn credits for doing something a bit new and more risky in the future. I'm pretty sure Victoria and what not will be covered by Total War.
    You don't think Rome 2 is risky? They're completely overhauling the entire Total War system - I don't think they're playing safe at all!

Mobo: GA-P35-S3, CPU: Intel Core 2 Quad Q8400 2.66Ghz, GPU: AMD HD 6850 1GB, RAM: 4.Gb Corsair DDR2, Sound: Audigy 4, O/S: Windows 7 64bit Home Premium

The Useless Member's Avatar Primicerius

Empire 2?
    HELL YEAH! I WOULD :WUB:'ING LOVE THAT.

Razor's Avatar Licenced to insult

Quote Originally Posted by SonOfCrusader76 View Post
    You don't think Rome 2 is risky? They're completely overhauling the entire Total War system - I don't think they're playing safe at all!
    Rome 2 is one of the safest bet for success for CA. How many people wanted a sequel for RTW (both on the forums as well as outside the forums)? I know a lot.

As an era, yes - but not what they appear to be doing with the game. They're taking some risks in a massive title here, but I'm sure they'll come through with flying colours. There's not been a single TW game I've been disappointed in - since Rome, which was my first. I was disappointed with Medieval, but that has quite a bit to do with the fact that I'd played Rome for about a year before playing Medieval.

Robertclive's Avatar Primicerius

game gonna suck and people on here are gonna whine

Feed ze troll!
    Signature Removed - Read this.

-TWC moderation Staff

Quote Originally Posted by Robertclive View Post
    game gonna suck and people on here are gonna whine
    Are you still here? Thought you'd gone back under your bridge. I haven't whined about a single TW game, and I doubt I'll start with Rome 2. Probably be far too busy playing it and being blown away by it.

@Above poster: Ooops, looks like I just did.

The OP isn't trolling though - he's serious.

Manuel I Komnenos's Avatar Rex Regum
    Civitate

Oh please. Why not play Victoria II or Cossacks II then?
    Under the patronage of Emperor Maximinus Thrax
    "Steps to be taken in case Russia should be forced out of war considered. Various movements [of ] troops to and from different fronts necessary to meeting possible contingencies discussed. Conference also weighed political, economic, and moral effect both upon Central and Allied powers under most unfavorable aspect from Allied point of view. General conclusions reached were necessity for adoption of purely defensive attitude on all secondary fronts and withdrawing surplus troops for duty on western front. By thus strengthening western front [those attending] believed Allies could hold until American forces arrive in numbers sufficient to gain ascendancy."
    ~General Pershing, report to Washington, 26 July 1917

Manuel I Komnenos's Avatar Rex Regum
    Civitate

double post
    Last edited by Manuel I Komnenos; July 05, 2012 at 04:00 PM.
    Under the patronage of Emperor Maximinus Thrax
    "Steps to be taken in case Russia should be forced out of war considered. Various movements [of ] troops to and from different fronts necessary to meeting possible contingencies discussed. Conference also weighed political, economic, and moral effect both upon Central and Allied powers under most unfavorable aspect from Allied point of view. General conclusions reached were necessity for adoption of purely defensive attitude on all secondary fronts and withdrawing surplus troops for duty on western front. By thus strengthening western front [those attending] believed Allies could hold until American forces arrive in numbers sufficient to gain ascendancy."
    ~General Pershing, report to Washington, 26 July 1917

gamir97's Avatar Laetus

http://forums.totalwar.com/showthrea...-War-Game-Poll. there you can see that we are really happy with ROME 2 and I also want MEDIEVAL 3 and EMPIRE 2!!!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast