Page 29 of 35 FirstFirst ... 41920212223242526272829303132333435 LastLast

Thread: modding campaign map

Lord Baal's Avatar Praefectus

Default Re: modding campaign map

Legally? I think it's legally for you to use the student version (no matter from where you download it) as long as you don't make any profit out of it.

Officially? No idea, a quick google search found multiple mirrors where you can find it, but no official download page.
    PROUD TO BE A PESANT. And for the dimwitted, I know how to spell peasant. <== This blue things are links, you click them and magical things (like not ending up like a fool) happens.
    Visit my utterly wall of doom here.
    Do you wanna play SS 6.4 and take your time while at it? Play with my 12 turns per year here.
    Y también quieres jugar Stainless Steel 100% en español? Mira por aca.

@Kugkings
    I'd be working on all this good stuff too since uanime5's tutorials are easy to follow, but I've hit a roadblock. Does anyone here know how I can legally download 3dsmax 2010 since it isn't on the autodesk site anymore
    2010 is only needed to export it with the CA exporter. If you want to edit the campaign map you can use 2013 I think. If you need to export the stuff, I'd be glad to help you out.
    Last edited by Ygge; May 29, 2013 at 11:46 AM.

The Useless Member's Avatar Primicerius

I've noticed that all of you are doing this on the Shogun 2 map. While this is fine, I wonder if it's exactly the same with the Fall of the Samurai map.

Uanime5's tutorial is really well done. If you wanna mod the campaign map, try it out!

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Edit: some more pics:

Edit 2:I also made a region in Hokkaido/Ezo. I haven't tried making trade routes or borders yet.

Last edited by GeneralWolfe; June 05, 2013 at 04:10 PM.

Good work.

I noticed that the names of the new settlements aren't being displayed. You can fix this by using Bob to make the Localised text files (the part in the text/db folder).
    Morning Sun (adds Korea and China to the Shogun 2 map)
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/forum...28-Morning-Sun

Expanded Japan mod (97 new regions and 101 new factions)
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...ew-factions%29

How to split a region in TWS2
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...split-a-region

Eras Total Conquest 2.3 (12 campaigns from 970-1547)

Kraut and Tea's Avatar Campidoctor

Are you guys planning on working together on a mod project? Or will you all continue to work individualy on your own personal projects which you might or might not release?

mentecato's Avatar Civis

Quote Originally Posted by GeneralWolfe View Post

Edit 2:I also made a region in Hokkaido/Ezo. I haven't tried making trade routes or borders yet.

sweet
    Last edited by mentecato; June 07, 2013 at 12:56 PM.

MathiasOfAthens's Avatar Comes Rei Militaris

That would be awesome Lord Baal and personally I would rate that a priority over adding more regions even though it is important to figure that out. Like Uanime said CA added pretty much all the historical regions. More regions would be nice in certain areas but overall the map is complete.

Lord Baal's Avatar Praefectus

Exactly. The most important breakthrough would be to to figure out how to pin custom maps on a province.
    PROUD TO BE A PESANT. And for the dimwitted, I know how to spell peasant. <== This blue things are links, you click them and magical things (like not ending up like a fool) happens.
    Visit my utterly wall of doom here.
    Do you wanna play SS 6.4 and take your time while at it? Play with my 12 turns per year here.
    Y también quieres jugar Stainless Steel 100% en español? Mira por aca.

Quote Originally Posted by uanime5 View Post
    Good work.

I noticed that the names of the new settlements aren't being displayed. You can fix this by using Bob to make the Localised text files (the part in the text/db folder).
    I created new trade nodes, but I am only able to trade with 1 clan at a time (when I should have 2 available slots). The line for the trade route isn't showing up either. Have I messed something up in 3d max?

Last edited by GeneralWolfe; June 07, 2013 at 04:17 PM.

It's possible that the angle of the trade route was too steep. When Bob creates the trade_routes.esf check the information it provides. It will say if a trade route is too steep or if there's no port-port trade between two ports.

The Useless Member's Avatar Primicerius

2 questions:

1. Is it the exact same process for the Fall of the Samurai map?
    2. How are battlemaps generated? I've noticed somewhere in this thread where someone made a completely flat square landmass. Are the battlemaps completely flat too? That's what I'm most curious about.

Edit:last post was a question for uanime5, but I figured it out.

Here is a pic of the Aomori province that I created:

Cosmetic issues that are driving me mad:
    -The Road doesn't extend all the way to the settlement for some reason.
    -Crashes when I create 2 roads connecting Aomori and Iwate
    -The map isn't lighting up blue (which is the Date clan colour)

I'm thinking of releasing it when I fix the issues. Maybe in the future I'll add the Nanbu clan, if I ever get around to learning how to create another faction.
    Last edited by GeneralWolfe; June 09, 2013 at 11:30 PM.

MathiasOfAthens's Avatar Comes Rei Militaris

If Rome II is around the same as Shogun II we are going to have a lot of fun creating a **** load of new regions. I plan on adding at least 10 new ones to Spain, Africa and Gaul.

But if you can add new provinces and provincial capitals for city maps that would be even better.
    Last edited by MathiasOfAthens; June 11, 2013 at 04:07 PM.

AngryTitusPullo's Avatar Comes Limitis

Quote Originally Posted by MathiasOfAthens View Post
    But if you can add new provinces and provincial capitals for city maps that would be even better.
    For Rome II I believe there will be entry in settlement file where it says Major or Minor (or something like that). This could work the way the old ETW style for major and minor regions. Most possibly is that some hardcoded feature where a province must have minimum 2 regions where one is major and one (or the rest) is minor. If it's something like this then at least we can make a 2 province (2 regions and 4 regions) into 3 provinces with 2 regions each. This adds another siegeable settlement to the map.

CIVITATVS CVM AVGVSTVS XVI, MMVI
    IN PATROCINIVM SVB Dromikaites SVB MareNostrum SVB Quintus Maximus
    Want to know more about Rome II Total Realism ? Follow us on Twitter & Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by MathiasOfAthens View Post
    If Rome II is around the same as Shogun II we are going to have a lot of fun creating a **** load of new regions. I plan on adding at least 10 new ones to Spain, Africa and Gaul.

It really depends if CA releases modding tools. If they do not release modding tools, then we probably will not be able to edit the campaign map.

AngryTitusPullo's Avatar Comes Limitis

It really depends if CA releases modding tools. If they do not release modding tools, then we probably will not be able to edit the campaign map.
    I don't think it's the question of if now but when. I just hope that it's not too late since they already have a basic framework in Shogun 2's Assembly Kit.

CIVITATVS CVM AVGVSTVS XVI, MMVI
    IN PATROCINIVM SVB Dromikaites SVB MareNostrum SVB Quintus Maximus
    Want to know more about Rome II Total Realism ? Follow us on Twitter & Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by LestaT View Post
    I don't think it's the question of if now but when. I just hope that it's not too late since they already have a basic framework in Shogun 2's Assembly Kit.
    That's especially true because they're using the same engine. As long as I can edit the units and the animations this time I'll be happy.

there's no hope of porting these developments to Empire, right? Lacking tools?

Cosmetic issues that are driving me mad:
    -The Road doesn't extend all the way to the settlement for some reason.
    -Crashes when I create 2 roads connecting Aomori and Iwate
    -The map isn't lighting up blue (which is the Date clan colour)

I'm thinking of releasing it when I fix the issues. Maybe in the future I'll add the Nanbu clan, if I ever get around to learning how to create another faction.
    1) The road doesn't move because it's part of the supertexture. So you'll need to remake the supertexture to move it.
    2) The angle of the road is probably too steep. Bob will tell you which roads you need to change when you remake the trade_routes.esf.
    3) Have you remade the mini map to add this new region?

I've already made a guide explaining how to add another faction:
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...-existing-ones

I'm also trying to add Nanbu and some other clans. However it seems there's a limit to how many builds you can add to the map. So I'm currently reducing what's on my new map to try and get it to work.