Page 25 of 35 FirstFirst ... 1516171819202122232425262728293031323334 ... LastLast

Thread: modding campaign map

alhoon's Avatar Comes Rei Militaris
    took an arrow to the knee

Default Re: modding campaign map

I think this should go in the news, in the home page of the site.
    alhoon is not a member of the infamous Hoons: a (fictional) nazi-sympathizer KKK clan. Of course, no Hoon would openly admit affiliation to the uninitiated.
    "Angry Uncle Gordon" describes me well.

Vađarholmr's Avatar Archivum Scriptorium
    Content Emeritus

Agreed. I get the feeling this is still pretty unknown.
    {I cook weird stuff}-{Patronised by the fearsome Chloe}
    „[...] ţví ađ međ lögum skal land vort byggja en eigi međ ólögum eyđa.“
    (The Frosta-thing law, 1260)

Is acher in gaíth innocht,
    fu-fuasna fairggae findfolt:
    ní ágor réimm mora minn
    dond láechraid lainn ua Lothlind.

Dynamo11's Avatar Domesticus

Yeah it could do with promoting a bit

AngryTitusPullo's Avatar Comes Limitis

Just upload the 'extra' province to Steam workshop. This can generate much further interest hopefully from many more people who probably be capable on doing this on daily basis.

Somebody just need to prove that something can be done then believe me there will be many others will be doing it.

CIVITATVS CVM AVGVSTVS XVI, MMVI
    IN PATROCINIVM SVB Dromikaites SVB MareNostrum SVB Quintus Maximus
    Want to know more about Rome II Total Realism ? Follow us on Twitter & Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by LestaT View Post
    Just upload the 'extra' province to Steam workshop. This can generate much further interest hopefully from many more people who probably be capable on doing this on daily basis.

Somebody just need to prove that something can be done then believe me there will be many others will be doing it.
    I agree, but it may not generate as much momentum as you'd expect.

AngryTitusPullo's Avatar Comes Limitis

Of course not immediately... but since people are even today stil modding old Rome who know what'll happened in another 5 years....

CIVITATVS CVM AVGVSTVS XVI, MMVI
    IN PATROCINIVM SVB Dromikaites SVB MareNostrum SVB Quintus Maximus
    Want to know more about Rome II Total Realism ? Follow us on Twitter & Facebook

Have you asked some modders like akaie? He has great talent and with some inspiration and a dedicated team, we could get a serious mod that would compete with third age mod in awesomness factor.

We need inspiration and a goal.

Quote Originally Posted by LestaT View Post

I cannot find it...

how did you call it?

Vađarholmr's Avatar Archivum Scriptorium
    Content Emeritus

He didn't upload it. He suggeste that he could.
    {I cook weird stuff}-{Patronised by the fearsome Chloe}
    „[...] ţví ađ međ lögum skal land vort byggja en eigi međ ólögum eyđa.“
    (The Frosta-thing law, 1260)

Is acher in gaíth innocht,
    fu-fuasna fairggae findfolt:
    ní ágor réimm mora minn
    dond láechraid lainn ua Lothlind.

Petroniu's Avatar Domesticus

Could this be made to work with Empire? Imagine the Empire mods we could have then. Oh, momma!
    RTWRM - back to basics

Kraut and Tea's Avatar Campidoctor

I hope that Okinawa and the Ryukyu Islands can be added as provinces.
    They were an independent Kingdom until they became a Satsuma vassal in 1609.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History...9.E2.80.931871

Aswell as I hope that alot of Islands can be turned into provinces to make naval warfare and naval invasions a more importent part of the game.

In Fots, the only reason to edit the map would be to add Korea, northeast and east China aswell as Taiwan, so one could replay the build up to the Japanese empire.
    Yet that would not only require a new map, but also some new factions which would be hard to create (Qing dynasty, Joseon, Russian Empire). Aswell as a remodeling of the naval vessels, because naval warfare had evolved to getting closer and closer to 20th century dreadnought ships.
    And of course: You wont find Japanese castles in China, Korea and certainly not on the east coast of the Russian Empire. So the buildings would have to be changed aswell.

Quote Originally Posted by The Germans are coming View Post
    I hope that Okinawa and the Ryukyu Islands can be added as provinces.
    They were an independent Kingdom until they became a Satsuma vassal in 1609.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History...9.E2.80.931871

Aswell as I hope that alot of Islands can be turned into provinces to make naval warfare and naval invasions a more importent part of the game.

In Fots, the only reason to edit the map would be to add Korea, northeast and east China aswell as Taiwan, so one could replay the build up to the Japanese empire.
    Yet that would not only require a new map, but also some new factions which would be hard to create (Qing dynasty, Joseon, Russian Empire). Aswell as a remodeling of the naval vessels, because naval warfare had evolved to getting closer and closer to 20th century dreadnought ships.
    And of course: You wont find Japanese castles in China, Korea and certainly not on the east coast of the Russian Empire. So the buildings would have to be changed aswell.
    You'd just rename some of the existing factions and change their units and start location. Pretty simple.

Wooh, hope this keeps going strong, and with more peeps.
    United we stand interenets! Nerdfighter.
    Warcraft Total War!
    Help Save a Wonderful mod that could
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=273449
    You guys should register for the golden Symbol of Forum Oppression http://signup.europauniversalis4.com/r/89425f5ce60

looks very promising continue the good work

spartan_warrior any progress or releases to learn from you?

LIVE DAMNIT LIVVEEE!!
    United we stand interenets! Nerdfighter.
    Warcraft Total War!
    Help Save a Wonderful mod that could
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=273449
    You guys should register for the golden Symbol of Forum Oppression http://signup.europauniversalis4.com/r/89425f5ce60

+1, this a so important news that it is really frustrating to see no one entering the breach!^^

yes, it's a little bit absurd that this thread has been silent for more than a week! this is a MAJOR breakout! Nothing following up?

i get the feeling the long dream since etw release still is just a dream...

Ask spartan warrior. He has gotten all the progress we have. If he could give us data people could add to that. It just takes a huge amount of work but still possible.

We really need a dedicated team rather then one man working on it. We just dont have any volunteers that are fit for the job.