Page 24 of 35 FirstFirst ... 141516171819202122232425262728293031323334 ... LastLast

Thread: modding campaign map

Nosjack's Avatar Praepositus

Default Re: modding campaign map

Have you fully tested the region? I.e., units can walk in it, buildings can be upgraded, etc.

B-DizL's Avatar TGW Lead Modeller
    Patrician

Quote Originally Posted by spartan_warrior View Post
    I've had a little free time recently so I decided to do some more experiments on the campaign map. So here it is... the first ever new, fully functional province added to a campaign map on the warscape engine:

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Great success! So since this uses the warscape engine would it be possible to add a region in NTW?

spartan_warrior's Avatar Combating the ignorant

Quote Originally Posted by B-DizL View Post
    Great success! So since this uses the warscape engine would it be possible to add a region in NTW?
    No, we don't have any of the base files which go into making the campaign map of NTW.

By the Gods! He's done it! I feel like a new era of warscape modding has begun.
    Rome > Darthmod Med2:K > SS6.4, Rule_Brittania, Broken Crescent Empire > Empire Realism Napoleon > Darthmod Shogun 2 > True Samurai, [WIP] Mettle Blades and Skills

Tired of changing steam Launcher options for Med 2/Kingdoms mods? use Kingdoms App Launcher

Funniest Thread in Rome 2 history: The new "you got the sandals wrong" thread.

AngryTitusPullo's Avatar Comes Limitis

Quote Originally Posted by B-DizL View Post
    No but with more knowledge it's possible for some one or some group of modders who have free time maybe a year to create a new European map during Napoleonic Era.

CIVITATVS CVM AVGVSTVS XVI, MMVI
    IN PATROCINIVM SVB Dromikaites SVB MareNostrum SVB Quintus Maximus
    Want to know more about Rome II Total Realism ? Follow us on Twitter & Facebook

Wauw spartan-warior.You did e hel of a job! Can you make a tutorial how to do it with 3DSmax?Do whe need the 2010 version or the 2013 version.

Lord Baal's Avatar Praefectus

Spartan-warior, I know it's too much to ask, but if you can come up with a video or a detailed "how to", that could give the shogun 2 community a good kickstart and perhaps, if we are lucky, a bump into comprehending how to mod the future Rome 2.
    PROUD TO BE A PESANT. And for the dimwitted, I know how to spell peasant. <== This blue things are links, you click them and magical things (like not ending up like a fool) happens.
    Visit my utterly wall of doom here.
    Do you wanna play SS 6.4 and take your time while at it? Play with my 12 turns per year here.
    Y también quieres jugar Stainless Steel 100% en español? Mira por aca.

I agree, if you have time to do that spartan_warrior, things would get alot easier.

Maniacal's Avatar Miles

Hurrah! Hopefully this means there is hope for region editing in Rome 2, one of the main reasons I started using mods for TW games was because I couldn't stand CA's vanilla maps for Rome and medieval 2. Horrible region designs.
    There is absolutely no value to realism in the game whatsoever, and that's why aliens and lasers must be added immediately! Since aliens and lasers are fun, and realism is meaningless in a game, ETW must have aliens and lasers. - akd

General Brewster's Avatar The Flying Dutchman
    Blog Entries

No, we don't have any of the base files which go into making the campaign map of NTW.
    Fabulous work this is why I gave you that badge !

Shea O'Gorath's Avatar Primicerius

All of TWC rejoices.

I have returned

Congratulations! That's some very good news ;-) And glad you add this region.
    Also, I don't want to be a pain in the a**, but shouldn't it rather be the city called Hirosaki instead of Aomori?? Aomori was just an harbor for Hirosaki domain (maybe called Uto, but I don't know).

andry18's Avatar Tiro

I've had a little free time recently so I decided to do some more experiments on the campaign map. So here it is... the first ever new, fully functional province added to a campaign map on the warscape engine:

great job, i love you

MathiasOfAthens's Avatar Comes Rei Militaris

Did you get the base files needed to mod this from the community modding pack from CA (or whatever it was called)? That would mean we would need a similar handout for Rome II.

Anyway, great accomplishment. I cant rep you again but I will later after I have spread it around.

I am really, really eager to learn how to mod the campaign map but unfortunately i am totally unfamiliar with the subject. Spartan_warrior mate your greatest contribution to the community would be a tutorial or a series of them

Can you upload the modified esf files. I'd like to examine them to see how they differ from the normal esf files S2TW uses to better understand what is changed when you add a new region.

Also spartan_warrior have you tried make an impassable area, such as Korea, into a passable one?
    Morning Sun (adds Korea and China to the Shogun 2 map)
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/forum...28-Morning-Sun

Expanded Japan mod (97 new regions and 101 new factions)
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...ew-factions%29

How to split a region in TWS2
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...split-a-region

Eras Total Conquest 2.3 (12 campaigns from 970-1547)

HOLY COW THIS EPIC I cant wait until they map a mod to make this like empire !!!

i have the same hope, i hope spartan_warrior gives us a tutorial. i would like to read myself into it.

another problem will be that the buildings would be asiatic, so there is the uestion if it is possible to use etw or ntw models in sh2 and then we still have the problems of law when doing that
    Last edited by Croshy; March 29, 2013 at 04:45 AM.

Wooh hopefuly we could get a great modding tutorial than great modding team to Make a Great mod.
    United we stand interenets! Nerdfighter.
    Warcraft Total War!
    Help Save a Wonderful mod that could
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=273449
    You guys should register for the golden Symbol of Forum Oppression http://signup.europauniversalis4.com/r/89425f5ce60

sinople's Avatar These Romans are crazy!

Yep, a tutorial or the modified files would be a great gift for us. +rep for your work