Page 32 of 35 FirstFirst ... 72223242526272829303132333435 LastLast

Thread: modding campaign map

Default Re: modding campaign map

I'm so happy this has finally been done, does anyone know if making new regions in ETW and NTW is possible now? has it been done?

MathiasOfAthens's Avatar Comes Rei Militaris

No, its not possible to make new regions in ETW or NTW.

Yeah, the databases and the files that deal with regions are included only in the Shogun 2 modding kit.

Is there a download link for the maps?

Go onto the steam workshop, there is stuff there. Ill post a link if you still cant find it.

Actually, there may be one earlier in the thread.

mentecato's Avatar Civis

anything new??

Muizer's Avatar member 3519
    Patrician Artifex Magistrate

Can't load the maps in 3Ds v2009. Backward compatibility issue?
    "Lay these words to heart, Lucilius, that you may scorn the pleasure which comes from the applause of the majority. Many men praise you; but have you any reason for being pleased with yourself, if you are a person whom the many can understand?" - Lucius Annaeus Seneca -

Biggus Splenus's Avatar Primicerius

Quote Originally Posted by Muizer View Post
    Can't load the maps in 3Ds v2009. Backward compatibility issue?
    Most definitely. Try 2011
    | R5 3600, RTX 2060, MSI B450I, 32GB 3200MHz CL16 DDR4, AX760i, NH-U12S |

wangrin's Avatar Unguibus et Rostro
    Patrician Artifex

Models provided by CA cannot be open with 3ds max 2009 and 2010, you will have to use newer version such as 3ds max 2012 for example.
    Then to use CS2 converter, you will have to convert model to 3ds max 2009 or 2010 file format and open them in one of these older version.

« Le courage, c’est de ne pas subir la loi du mensonge triomphant qui passe, et de ne pas faire écho de notre âme, de notre bouche et de nos mains aux applaudissements imbéciles et aux huées fanatiques.. » Jean JAURES

It's been so long, I couldn't remember if it was 2012 or 2011 but yeah, all this crazy stuff about CA using multiple versions of Max is, well, retarded. Why wouldn't they just stick to the one version?

Muizer's Avatar member 3519
    Patrician Artifex Magistrate

Well, I found out the maps can be opened in v.2010, but only on my new PC. The old one, on which most modding tools are installed, meets the system requirements but still the programme crashed trying to load the map. In fact, on my new machine it does "hang" for a bit too but it doesn't crash.
    "Lay these words to heart, Lucilius, that you may scorn the pleasure which comes from the applause of the majority. Many men praise you; but have you any reason for being pleased with yourself, if you are a person whom the many can understand?" - Lucius Annaeus Seneca -

If that really is the case, then your old pc is likely running out of resources before it can load it, as you probably already figured out

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 4

craziii's Avatar Protector Domesticus

how much work would be required if I just want to delete all the dense forest code - do I need to change any files if I just want to get rid of trees?

also shrinking mountains and splitting big, long ones into smaller ones to create mountain passes for armies to pass through, is that easy or it will take a newbie modder, me, years to do this?

if it will take years even if I know how to do it, I am gonna cry
    fear is helluva drug
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    “The only rule that ever made sense to me I learned from a history, not an economics, professor at Wharton. "Fear," he used to say, "fear is the most valuable commodity in the universe." That blew me away. "Turn on the TV," he'd say. "What are you seeing? People selling their products? No. People selling the fear of you having to live without their products." freakin' A, was he right. Fear of aging, fear of loneliness, fear of poverty, fear of failure. Fear is the most basic emotion we have. Fear is primal. Fear sells.” WWZ

Have you had your daily dose of fear yet? craziii

Looks like you'll be crying then...

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 4

craziii's Avatar Protector Domesticus

well, crying it is then
    fear is helluva drug
    “The only rule that ever made sense to me I learned from a history, not an economics, professor at Wharton. "Fear," he used to say, "fear is the most valuable commodity in the universe." That blew me away. "Turn on the TV," he'd say. "What are you seeing? People selling their products? No. People selling the fear of you having to live without their products." freakin' A, was he right. Fear of aging, fear of loneliness, fear of poverty, fear of failure. Fear is the most basic emotion we have. Fear is primal. Fear sells.” WWZ

Have you had your daily dose of fear yet? craziii

Quote Originally Posted by craziii View Post
    how much work would be required if I just want to delete all the dense forest code - do I need to change any files if I just want to get rid of trees?

also shrinking mountains and splitting big, long ones into smaller ones to create mountain passes for armies to pass through, is that easy or it will take a newbie modder, me, years to do this?
    CA uses two files to do this.

1) The code in the esf files which effects where units can walk and ambush. This is easy to change using the official tools.

2) The rigid_spline and graphics files on the campaign map which show the player where these places are located. This cannot be changed using the official tools.

so while you can remove all the mountains and dense forest using the official tools they'll all still appear on the campaign map.
    Morning Sun (adds Korea and China to the Shogun 2 map)
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/forum...28-Morning-Sun

Expanded Japan mod (97 new regions and 101 new factions)
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...ew-factions%29

How to split a region in TWS2
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...split-a-region

Eras Total Conquest 2.3 (12 campaigns from 970-1547)

MathiasOfAthens's Avatar Comes Rei Militaris

Do you know what you need to change those mountains and forests? Its obviously not gimp and repainting the forests anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by MathiasOfAthens View Post
    Do you know what you need to change those mountains and forests? Its obviously not gimp and repainting the forests anymore.
    Well to remove them from the pathfinding you just have to open up the map files in the official tools, delete the mountains you don't want, and update the mountains.cs2 (I need to update my mapping guide to explain how to add/modify mountains and rivers). This will allow units to walk over where the mountain used to be. To remove them from the campaign map you'll need to edit the supertexture and height map. For forests you need to delete the forest areas in the group_type in the official tools, then update the ground_type.cs2. To remove them from the campaign map you'll need to edit the tree rigid_spline (I haven't tried this yet so I can't advice you on what you need to do, most likely every coordinate is where a tree is located so you'll need to delete all the coordinates where you don't want a tree to be).
    Last edited by uanime5; September 04, 2013 at 08:04 AM.
    Morning Sun (adds Korea and China to the Shogun 2 map)
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/forum...28-Morning-Sun

Expanded Japan mod (97 new regions and 101 new factions)
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...ew-factions%29

How to split a region in TWS2
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...split-a-region

Eras Total Conquest 2.3 (12 campaigns from 970-1547)

is it possible to mod the fots map?

is it possible to mod the fots map?
    Yes, it works just the same as modding the vanilla map.