Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Favourite Roman Legions

Lord Oda Nobunaga's Avatar 大信皇帝
    Patrician

Default Favourite Roman Legions

I was wondering what was everyone's favourite legions and from what time period.
    See, I think there should be "elite legions" or special legions that can be recruited for Rome.
    Ones I would want to see are the III Sena Gallica of Mark Antony and X Equestris of Caesar and Antony.
    I particularly recall III Sena Gallica as Mark Antony's personal legion as was X Equestris as well; although X Equistris is primarily remembered as Caesar's legion.

"Famous general without peer in any age, most superior in valor and inspired by the Way of Heaven; since the provinces are now subject to your will it is certain that you will increasingly mount in victory." - Ōgimachi-tennō

Patrician

Default Re: Favourite Roman Legions

I really want to see the accurate/different colours for each legion, mod maybe?

"Famous general without peer in any age, most superior in valor and inspired by the Way of Heaven; since the provinces are now subject to your will it is certain that you will increasingly mount in victory." - Ōgimachi-tennō

Sol Invictus's Avatar Domesticus

The Tenth would have to be my favorite. They were with Caesar for most of his career and played a key role throughout.

AngryTitusPullo's Avatar Comes Limitis

CIVITATVS CVM AVGVSTVS XVI, MMVI
    IN PATROCINIVM SVB Dromikaites SVB MareNostrum SVB Quintus Maximus
    Want to know more about Rome II Total Realism ? Follow us on Twitter & Facebook

Space Wolves's Avatar Primicerius

Legio VI Ferrata and the XIII Gemina. <3

20,284 Officers Lost in the Line of Duty as of 2010-12 this month- 124 this year
    Red: Suspect inflicted: Blue Accident
    Officer Christopher A Wilson: End of Watch 10/27/10: San Diego PD, CA
    Lt. Jose A Cordova Montaez: End of Watch 10/26/10: Pureto Rico PD
    Cpt. George Green: End of Watch 10/26/10: Oklahoma Highway PD
    Deputy Sheriff Odelle McDuffle Jr. 10/25/10: Liberty Country SD, Texas
    Officer John Abraham: End of Watch 10/25/10: Teaneck PD New Jersey
    Sgt. Timothy Prunty: End of Watch 10/24/10: Shreveport PD. Louisiana

Patrician

The Stig's Avatar Protector Domesticus

I would prefer to name them and make my own history with the Legions I recruit
    Quote Originally Posted by Ancient Aliens
    Yes. The Stig is Jesus.
    People's Republic of Cascadia

Biggus Splenus's Avatar Primicerius

Quote Originally Posted by The Stig View Post
    You and me both

AngryTitusPullo's Avatar Comes Limitis

Speaking of legions, is there any info regarding HBO Rome's XIII legion ? Couldn't find any reference anywhere though.
    Last edited by AngryTitusPullo; July 05, 2012 at 01:20 AM.

CIVITATVS CVM AVGVSTVS XVI, MMVI
    IN PATROCINIVM SVB Dromikaites SVB MareNostrum SVB Quintus Maximus
    Want to know more about Rome II Total Realism ? Follow us on Twitter & Facebook

Holger Danske's Avatar Comes Limitis

I don't mind the colour fetish, but I would like to see legions differently equipped depending on where they will operate. In short a legionary fighting in Judea wouldn't be as armoured as a legionary in Germania due to the very different climate. Being able to re-equip them would be awesome to.

Quote Originally Posted by LestaT View Post
    Speaking of legions, is there any info regarding HBO Rome's XIII legion ? Couldn't find any reference anywhere though.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Legio_XIII_Gemina

Plenty of results on Google too.

I actually started watching the HBO Rome yesterday. Quite amusing. I still think there is a lack of great war movies centered around Roman and Greek battles.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaap View Post
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Legio_XIII_Gemina

Plenty of results on Google too.

I actually started watching the HBO Rome yesterday. Quite amusing. I still think there is a lack of great war movies centered around Roman and Greek battles.
    HBO Rome is an excellent show, it does it's best to keep things historical but they've made changes and added thing's here and there to make it more entertaining. Also there were many movie's about classical antiquity back known as Sword-and-Sandal films however some of them are pretty cheesy.

Legio V Alavdae (One of the bravest roman Legions, They also had awesome Crests on thier helmets)

Legio X Equestris (Caesar's Favourite, And one of my favourites)

Legio IX Hispania (one of rome's finest, Owned All types of celts)

Legio XII Fulminata (Most Badass Nickname, The wielder of the Thunderbolt)

Legio VI Ferrata (Also Nicknamed Fidelis Constans, One of the bravest Legions)

Legio VII Claudia (Accompanied Jvlivs Caesar In the entire gallic wars)

I Love them all but these are my most favourties

Quote Originally Posted by amelius View Post
    Also there were many movie's about classical antiquity back known as Sword-and-Sandal films however some of them are pretty cheesy.
    Well, these days they dont make massive war movies anymore like they used. These days it's often about a certain adventure or romances. And as for the old movies, they're nice for the epic view but the acting is often horrible. For exmaple, the screaming actors did to simulate they got hit, horrible...

Quote Originally Posted by The Stig View Post
    I agree with this,

As much as I enjoy the history of the Legions that existed, being able to create and customize your own would really be something i'd like to see.
    And if you want the historical legions, just name and customize them as they were historically

After all, re writing history is something that makes the total war games enjoyable as much as historical accuracy.

Thanks,
    Sam

Indefinitely Banned
    The western part of an Island They thought a kind of Coffee...

Isnt Legion Customization is the heart of the new Legion Stack System CA promised us?

Legio IX Hispana!

You don't with the 9th.
    According to this poll, 80%* of TGW fans agree that "The mod team is devilishly handsome" *as of 12/10 (its true )
    My specs:
    CPU - Intel i5 4670k @3.8 GHz | GPU - MSI GEFORCE GTX 770 LIGHTNING 2GB GDDR5 | RAM - 8GB DDR3 1600MHZ | MOBO - Z87 | HDD - 1TB | SSD - SAMSUNG 840 PRO SERIES 256GB SOLID STATE HARD DRIVE 2.5" | PSU - 750W | CASE - COOLERMASTER ENFORCER | MONITOR - 24" IIYAMA

My best soldiers will be I/XIV. First cohort of the Fourteenth. Gemina Martia Victrix!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast