Thread: MAARC XXXIX - Submission/Nomination thread

Boustrophedon's Avatar Grote Smurf
    Citizen

Default MAARC XXXIX - Submission/Nomination thread

This is the submission/nomination thread for MAARC XXXIX.

Eligibility
    - The nominated AAR must have been updated twice in July. A vote will be commenced on or about August 1st.
    - The winner of the previous competition cannot compete in this current MAARC
    - Only one AAR per person
    - Nomination deadline: the last day of the month
    - The competition is open for a month, followed by a one week, multi-poll vote.
    - If there are less than 5 nominations, the competition is extended for another month.
    - Usually authors nominate their own work. If you would like to nominate somebody else's work, please ask for the author's approval first (or encourage the author to nominate the AAR)!

Information to provide
    - Title and link to the original AAR thread
    - Author
    - Game and (if applicable) mod
    - Faction
    - Short description / teaser

Advertisement Rules

Advertising is allowed in the official advertising board and in AAR threads. Any other kind of direct advertising to advocate nominees is prohibited. Those who breach this rule shall be disqualified for 3 months.

Asking for votes is not allowed and will result in an immediate disqualification and ban of 3 months from the Competition forums.

The competition manager will take whatever steps necessary to insure the integrity of the competition.

Awards
    4 points for the Winner
    3 points for Second Place
    2 points for Third Place

Points are accumulated towards the awarding of the AAR Competition Medals.

Please see the Writer's Study Information and FAQ Thread for more details.
    Last edited by Boustrophedon; July 05, 2012 at 08:19 AM.

Default Re: MAARC XXXIX - Submission/Nomination thread

The Rise of The Northmen

The Norseman

| Medieval II: Total War | Third Age Total War | The Kingdom of Dale |

The Kingdom of Dale has never truly been a peaceful realm, for it is a kingdom of war. Dragons, easterlings, orcs. These are only some of the enemies who have killed, enslaved and pillaged the people of Dale. Yet the kingdom remains. Everytime the kingdom and its cities are destroyed, the people return and rebuild. Again and again. For this is a strong kingdom, a kingdom of brave men, The Kingdom of Dale.

The people of Dale has suffered long enough and it is time for the kingdom to rise from its ashes yet again and remove the enemies from their lands, once and for all. King Bard, the legendary bowman who slayed the dragon Smaug, has united the long lost cities of Dale and gathered an army of Dalesmen to retake their lands and push the enemies back from where they came. He begins this campaign with the sole intention of bringing peace to his realm.
    Last edited by The Norseman; July 05, 2012 at 03:08 PM.

The Banner of Harad
    Medieval II Total war | Third age Total War | The Banner of Harad | Harad
    By: Drachos

I see fear in the eyes of my people. Long has the people of Harad suffered the tyranny of the Western lands. Long has Gondor raided and pillaged our cities and villages. And they say that we are the ones who do damage to them, we take their lands! Ha, that is a bunch of lies!
    This day, I, Khuzaymah, chieftain and king of Harad, swear that I will bring an end to this tyranny and suffering, and bring an end to the legacy of Gondor and all of the Western lands!

Lo
    Last edited by Drachos; July 17, 2012 at 01:46 PM.
    [IMG] Uploaded with ImageShack.us[/IMG]

Of Glory Lost
    -A DMUC Empire AAR-
    By RoyalNobody

"The colonies have fallen, lost to our greed, our arrogance. We live in the shadow of Catholicism, the shadow of Spain, of France. We tread lightly and whisper of past glory, of the old Empire. We are scared, feeble, fearing the wrath of our betters... No more. From the snowy hills and icy mountains of Scotland, from the rocky valleys and stretching flats of Wales, from the green fields and deep woods of England we shall rise again!"

Maurits's Avatar ЯTR

For Glory and the Republic!

RTW | Rome Total Realism VII | SPQR
    By Maurits

'For Glory and the Republic' isn't just another AAR about the Senate and the People of Rome. It isn't a page full of images, accompanied by some rare lines of text. Instead, it attempts to shed light on the people behind the republic which would become the mightiest empire of the known world. When reading this tale, you will become part of the lives of Publius, Valeria and an ambitious praetor from the house of Decius Mus. Their lives all come together in the wars that ravage the Italian peninsula around the year 280 BC. For years, Rome has expanded its borders and lived in peace. Now, the Greek king Pyrrhus of Epirus stands on the shores of Italy with his battle-hardened veterans and ferocious war elephants. Already, a consular army has been destroyed. Now, only a young praetor and his inexperienced legion stand between this mighty foe and the city of Rome...
    Last edited by Maurits; July 27, 2012 at 03:45 AM.

RTR: Imperium Surrectum Team Member
    My AAR: For Glory and the Republic!

Proud to be patronized by ybbon66

An Orc In Skyrim

Follow the trials and tribulations of Grodash the Orc as he navigates the hostile world of Skyrim. Will he find love? Will he ever make it home? Will he ever be truly happy? Read on to find the answers to these questions!

My Name is Hannibal - A RS 1.6 AAR

Since my birth, I had been taught to hate Rome. In my youth, I could do little to defeat the monstrosity that made its home in Italy. But now I am a general of Carthage. Rome will fall by my hand and the world will tremble before my might. Take up your spears my soldiers, for I shall lead you to victory!