Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Don't cut the Seleucids & Parthians in Half!

Default Don't cut the Seleucids & Parthians in Half!

In RTW1, having the Seleucid and Parthian Empire cut in half by ending the campaign map at the Caspian sea was simply terrible. I hope RTW2 at least gives them the true extent of their empires.

Default Re: Don't cut the Seleucids & Parthians in Half!

After what I've heard they're going to extend the map. I hope it will reach the Indus at least

I think we'll be headed at least to Afghanistan, if not further East, as well as a bit farther south towards Ethiopia. There's really no reason to include the empty mass of Russia unless they're planning a barbarian invasion campaign.
    If you rep me, leave your name. I'll look more kindly on your future transgressions.

To be honest I wouldn't be surprised if Han China was involved here...

I was once an Angel of Total War Heaven, but gave up my wings for a life on the sea of battle.

Quote Originally Posted by Punic Hoplite View Post
    To be honest I wouldn't be surprised if Han China was involved here...
    Yeah.. then they'll have to include the Xiongnu... massive 50,000+ cavalry armies... and the han armies. 100,000+...

They'll stop probably around India as that's the farthest that most empires in europe ever went to. Han China would be possibly an intrigue.. maybe special events to send ambassadors and opening of relations / establishing silk road?

But no.. they'll probably end it around india area.

You add china and it's no longer Rome total war. So far all the factions had some sort of contact with each other, so it would make sense for there to be an indus because the greeks were pretty involved there. But there was no real direct contact with any of those guys and the chinese when it come to military conflict.

Save China for the China Total War

Biggus Splenus's Avatar Primicerius

They said the map would cover the known world, so it will hopefully reach into the borders of india

Quote Originally Posted by Splenyi View Post
    They said the map would cover the known world, so it will hopefully reach into the borders of india
    Yeah I'm thinking it will basically cover all of what Alexander conquered up to India.

Sir Pignans's Avatar The bringer of cheese.

Quote Originally Posted by DarthShizNit View Post
    You add china and it's no longer Rome total war. So far all the factions had some sort of contact with each other, so it would make sense for there to be an indus because the greeks were pretty involved there. But there was no real direct contact with any of those guys and the chinese when it come to military conflict.

Save China for the China Total War
    They were in semi-contact with each other. It's definitely not impossible imo.
    90% of teens would die today if facebook was destroyed. if you are one of the 10% that would be laughing, copy and paste this to your signature.

My Political Profile.

Under the patronage of Gertrudius!

I be happy if the map is up to the Indus river and as south as all of Saudi Arabia
    Proudly under the patronage of Tone
    Roma Surrectum Local Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by century x View Post
    I be happy if the map is up to the Indus river and as south as all of Saudi Arabia
    EB's map is exactly that, and I think it is the best choice for an area

AngryTitusPullo's Avatar Comes Limitis

I hope there will be multiple maps like ETW. Maybe eastern europe together west western asia, western europe and possibly half of africa.

CIVITATVS CVM AVGVSTVS XVI, MMVI
    IN PATROCINIVM SVB Dromikaites SVB MareNostrum SVB Quintus Maximus
    Want to know more about Rome II Total Realism ? Follow us on Twitter & Facebook

saxdude's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

A big bitof India would be nice, and allowing a good portion of the Mauryan Empire.

Quote Originally Posted by DarthShizNit View Post
    You add china and it's no longer Rome total war. So far all the factions had some sort of contact with each other, so it would make sense for there to be an indus because the greeks were pretty involved there. But there was no real direct contact with any of those guys and the chinese when it come to military conflict. Save China for the China Total War
    The Han Dynasty stretched west to the boundaries of the Parthian and Kushan Empires. One of their generals campaigned as far west as the Caspian Sea, and sent scouts to the Persian Gulf. Trajan's army came within a single day's march of a Han fortification.

If they make Han: Total War after RTW2, and make it be able to use RTW2's saved games (like Mass Effect saved games) and expand the campaign map so it stretches from the Atlantic to the Pacific...that would be insane.
    Last edited by Intranetusa; July 04, 2012 at 10:01 PM.

a Atlanitc Pacifi empire would be sick

saxdude's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

I think they would over Extend themselves with China and the like, You either dont do china justice or everybody suffers for it (Empire total war), India on the other hand...

Quote Originally Posted by LestaT View Post
    I hope there will be multiple maps like ETW. Maybe eastern europe together west western asia, western europe and possibly half of africa.
    I would rather just the one theater, multiple theaters is only necessary if your not including the land between (eg. oceans, un-inhabited land)

Lord Oda Nobunaga's Avatar 大信皇帝
    Patrician

Yeah at least all the way to the Indus, and south to Nubia and Saba.

"Famous general without peer in any age, most superior in valor and inspired by the Way of Heaven; since the provinces are now subject to your will it is certain that you will increasingly mount in victory." - Ōgimachi-tennō

Quote Originally Posted by LestaT View Post
    Why do you need multiple maps? In Empire it was only to not include the whole world and spare out large uninteresting areas and big oceans between.

When moving the map area a bit eastwards and hopefully also southwards there is no problem at all. As this game will surely not feature a Carthagean conquest of America, a Ptolemaic naval landing in South Africa or a Roman expeditionary force to conquer the Straits of Malacca.

In RTW1, having the Seleucid and Parthian Empire cut in half by ending the campaign map at the Caspian sea was simply terrible. I hope RTW2 at least gives them the true extent of their empires.
    O also hope they get their full territory.It would be rather cool.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast