View Poll Results: Republicans or Caesarians?

Voters
106. You may not vote on this poll
  • Pro Re Publica! (Republican forces)

44 41.51%
  • Ave Caesar! (Caesar's Legions)

62 58.49%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Republicans or Caesarians? Who will you play?

Default Republicans or Caesarians? Who will you play?

Alright guys Republicans or Caesarians? Also, give us a little blurb about why. The Civil War is clearly going to be huge in this game, so I'm personally going to be a hero of the Republic and lead Pompeius Magnus to victory over the evil Caesar . I mean I like Caesar's reforms and everything, and I know the Republican forces didn't really care for Rome's Constitution (corrupt bastards they were), but that will be the reason I defend the Republic. More likely than not I'll play both sides.

Edit: I mean I want to defend Rome's Constitution
    Last edited by Son of Mars; July 04, 2012 at 10:03 AM.

Default Re: Republicans or Caesarians? Who will you play?

Definitely The republicans!

Arbitrary Crusader's Avatar Praefectus

Republic first, and I will make Cicero the new Alexander.

Then Caesarian.
    Last edited by Arbitrary Crusader; July 04, 2012 at 10:05 AM.

♪ Now it's over, I'm dead and I haven't done anything that I want, or I'm still alive and there's nothing I want to do

added a poll make sure you vote!

Sol Invictus's Avatar Domesticus

The Republic is already dead so accept it. We need a new and forceful leader to take Rome to a new future. Trust in the Great Man and follow Caesar with a faithful heart. Besides if he becomes a true tyrant we will know how to deal with him. The people of Rome will again be sovereign!

I Cant Vote!

Assuming this is how it turns out, i'll side with/be Caesar. The Republic never truly existed!

The Republic is based on democracy.Democracy is a lie,where just the rich will win.While Caesar,saw this lie named Republic,and he knew the best way of ruling over such a huge empire,was trough dictature.Deffenetley Caesar...I can t wait to cut the head of all those who support the Republic and all it means

I Will sort of agree with Andreius Pretorianus However If this is a Civil-war Poll Then I'm 100% Siding with the Populares!

I don't want to burst your bubble, but...why do you assume you can choose sides? The devs said there will be a singe Roman faction.

I read somewhere that you could choose to defend the Republic or bring it down. I could be wrong though, but why would they not allow for civil wars as they were some of biggest conflicts in the era?

edit: also the trailer they have seems like a civil war sort of theme to me, don't think they would mislead their customers that much.
    Last edited by Son of Mars; July 04, 2012 at 10:37 AM.

magpie's Avatar Artifex

If CA can bring off the civil war it would be a huge game play bonus.
    In the original RTW they used the family system to work it.
    In the new Rome 2 perhaps they could base it on political factions and maybe bring in some historical characters for role playing?
    Hmm defend the republic or go imperial that is a tough choice. Still it would make for greater game replay.

sponsered by the noble Prisca

Caesar! Veni, vidi, vici!

Having played as the Brutii in the original Rome, it is going to have to Marcus Junius Brutus and the Republic.

Campidoctor

Victory to Caesar! Down with the so-called Republic and it's corrupt Senators

I'll make my own Caesar Augustus and avenge the assassins of the senate with Rome's people backing me!! Then expand my empire and create a new future for Rome!! Ave Caesar!

my goal as Caesar will be to conquer both Dacia and Parthia..this were his goals too

I'll play both ofcourse but my preference is the Republican side For the Glory of Rome!

hochmeister devin's Avatar Senator

Ill go with the imperial forces and destroy this corrupt republic. Long live the empire!
    My mods
    -Mod Leader for the Wheel Of Time This is not the beginning, but it is a beginning
    -Mod Leader for Shogun 2: Foreign Invasion if you want a mod with alot of units this is for you, not only is there the 40 units CA made theres planned to be atleast 177 NEW units when its done.
    -Modder in the World War I and Shogun II project. The only full scale mod for FOTS and it plays nothing like FOTS. FOTS may have Gatling guns, WW1&S2 has tekidanto samurai, SNLF, MGs, kisho snipers, assault infantry(shotguns) just to name a few.

Darth_Revan's Avatar Primicerius

Caesar! Caesar!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast