Thread: Rome II and DLCs

General Maximus's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

Default Rome II and DLCs

Hi everyone.

I don't know about your personal preferences, but I, in the name of whole gaming world, absolutely hate this so called DLC system.

Remember the old days when you didn't have any DLCs, but you had expansions which provided you with more units.

Nowadays, you get those DLCs. I hate those, and especially the 'Pre-Order' ones. When you buy a game, you will get a feeling that you are not playing a complete game. You won't get satisfaction from it, and you won't enjoy it. And you cannot get preorder DLCs once the game is properly released. Which means you cannot get complete game.

Gaming companies are increasingly making incomplete games. Just make the 25% of the game and release it, and when players complain, throw 2-3 units at them. When they start recognizing the game's major faults, then throw an elite unit at them. Wow, what a nice strategy.

Rome II is what the world has been awaiting since the original game. There are many smaller age groups playing this game, and thus many don't have credit cards. Now what would they do? They will desperately watch the company throw more and more units and factions and they cannot even buy them. It is like throwing bags of candies in front of a candy-loving kid and putting a glass barrier between him and the toffees, citing, "You are not allowed to eat these because you don't have net and Steam".

Oh God, how can I ever forget about Steam! I don't have problems with the game till it is Steam Only. Look what was done with last three games. I had to wait 4 days for each game to play, meaning about 16 days after I got it.

I plead to CA, in all respect, please don't release Rome II incomplete, because this is a sequel to a game that still has a massive reputation and will ever have. If you release it incomplete and then try to release more and more DLCs, it will only reduce both the fanbase of the new game and the prestige of the original old game.

And as there are many who cannot buy DLC at all, please be merciful to them. I barely managed to get most DLCs of Empire and Napoleon by GOTY edition. There is still no collector's edition of Shogun II like we had in old days, take M2TW or RTW Gold editions for example. I and many who cannot get DLCs have always felt that we are refused of something that most others are allowed.

So please, release the complete game, release the expansions. But please, whatever may be result, don't leave out the units and factions in the game and then throw DLCs to cover them up. Embed them in expansions, but not in DLCs. A polite little plea.
    सार्वभौम सम्राट चत्रवर्ती - भारतवर्ष
    स्वर्गपुत्र पीतसम्राट - चीन
    महाराजानाभ्याम महाराजा - पारसिक

TheRomanRuler's Avatar Campidoctor

Default Re: Rome II and DLCs

Also, please, do not make it on steam only...
    Apologies for anyone who's message i may miss or not be able to answer

What about a standard edition and some sort of 'Imperial Edition' that includes all extras?

Quote Originally Posted by -Concrete- View Post
    What about a standard edition and some sort of 'Imperial Edition' that includes all extras?
    That would be nice. I don't mind DLCs as long as they are like the ones for Napoleon where it focused on a specific campaign and such. Hated the way they did Shogun 2 where you had to pay to play as certain factions. Especially since all the factions on Shogun 2 were almost exactly the same anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by -=PHX=-Hades View Post
    THated the way they did Shogun 2 where you had to pay to play as certain factions. Especially since all the factions on Shogun 2 were almost exactly the same anyways.
    And, they could be modded in easily.

Ayleid's Avatar Biarchus

Right, few issues here. Going to start with this one.

Quote Originally Posted by General Maximus View Post
    "You are not allowed to eat these because you don't have net and Steam".
    If you don't have the internet to begin with, how are you going to get support and updates for Rome II? That is, putting steam to one side for the moment, shooting yourself in the foot to begin with.

Quote Originally Posted by General Maximus View Post
    Oh God, how can I ever forget about Steam! I don't have problems with the game till it is Steam Only. Look what was done with last three games. I had to wait 4 days for each game to play, meaning about 16 days after I got it.
    Increase your internet speed. If your going to complain about a feature being defective, the earnest is upon you to prove it has nothing to do with you. In this case, it 100% is. If you don't like the constant update support, news and easy match making then go to the top left hand corner and select 'play offline mode'. Sorted.

But yeah, I agree with you regarding the DLC however. But does this topic need, yet, another thread?

Can we please stop make a million bloody threads about DLC? I'm not a fan of certain DLC either, but we don't need to flood this page every day with 5 new threads. Just comment on the already started ones.
    Rome > Darthmod Med2:K > SS6.4, Rule_Brittania, Broken Crescent Empire > Empire Realism Napoleon > Darthmod Shogun 2 > True Samurai, [WIP] Mettle Blades and Skills

Tired of changing steam Launcher options for Med 2/Kingdoms mods? use Kingdoms App Launcher

Funniest Thread in Rome 2 history: The new "you got the sandals wrong" thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Ayleid View Post
    Right, few issues here. Going to start with this one.

If you don't have the internet to begin with, how are you going to get support and updates for Rome II? That is, putting steam to one side for the moment, shooting yourself in the foot to begin with.

Increase your internet speed. If your going to complain about a feature being defective, the earnest is upon you to prove it has nothing to do with you. In this case, it 100% is. If you don't like the constant update support, news and easy match making then go to the top left hand corner and select 'play offline mode'. Sorted.

But yeah, I agree with you regarding the DLC however. But does this topic need, yet, another thread?
    Well said. I indeed realize the need of Steam for updates. But Steam-Only for updates should be....a bit bullish...

For the second one, my net speed is good already. I get over 2mbps average. But that was for Steam, for crashing every 2 minutes and me having to install the game everytime and then downloading the update every time.

For the DLCs, I hope a dev reads this and decide not to make DLCs, or at least embed them in expansions.