Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Release year?

Default Release year?

Yeah yeah, "When it's done" and all that useless jazz, but any idea wether we can see a first release before 2012 ends? Or before Rome II comes?

Medieval 2 does tend to have better pathfinding than poor old Rome

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    By the way, I absolutely love the voices you did for EB1, very professional work there, very rarely found in mods.

Verrix Toutatis's Avatar Civis

Default Re: Release year?

You'll see a release, when it's ready.

delra's Avatar Praepositus

This project is in shambles, will be a long time before it's released, and even when released there's no guarantee anything will work.

Domesticus

I kinda have to agree. Ive not been here long, but seems that EB2 has been in development since Kingdoms was released. Kind of a long time O_O And hell, sounds like the first release wont even be full, just the "early" era of EB

And just to say, I think all the mods ive played are "professional". Well, not professional. Actually made by people who care about history, and innovative fun. The companies are all about the dollar dollar bill But yeah, loved the voices in EB1, helped me pronounce the units names.

Also, nudity. That crap was hilarious. NAKED CELTIC RAID OF ROME

ggggtotalwarrior's Avatar hey it geg

But to answer your question, it seems to be quite a mess right now, and just so you know, "when it's ready" is also an acceptable answer to your question. That's usually the modder/team's response to such questions, so I think it's pretty much the best answer you can get.
    Last edited by Gigantus; July 05, 2012 at 07:59 AM. Reason: continuity of deleted post
    Rep me and I'll rep you back.

UNDER THE PATRONAGE OF THE KING POSTER AKAR

Petroniu's Avatar Domesticus

Not to be on the OP's side, but "When it's ready!" is the most annoying answer you can give to a fan. Just another answer like, "It's still a long way until release" or "It is not even half way through" would do better. It could give an estimate and you would know not to be eager about this every day of the week. Even "You aren't going to see it released even next year" is a better answer than that! At least we have a time estimate.
    RTWRM - back to basics

Quote Originally Posted by Petroniu View Post
    Not to be on the OP's side, but "When it's ready!" is the most annoying answer you can give to a fan. Just another answer like, "It's still a long way until release" or "It is not even half way through" would do better. It could give an estimate and you would know not to be eager about this every day of the week. Even "You aren't going to see it released even next year" is a better answer than that! At least we have a time estimate.
    Pretty much this.

And just to say, I think all the mods ive played are "professional". Well, not professional. Actually made by people who care about history, and innovative fun.
    Yeah but how many mods have high quality voices? When I heard them I stopped for a few minutes, they're just as good as Rome's, maybe even better.

Verrix Toutatis's Avatar Civis

Sooner then when work first started?

postm00v's Avatar Tiro

They're doing it in their own free time. I can't talk for the guys making this mod, but my spare time varies with each week. And even then, they're not spending ALL of their free time to make this mod (at least, I hope they don't)

It will be ready when it is ready. There are other games you can play, you know.

Antiokhos Euergetes's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Perhaps something like Winston Churchill's speech might be in order "Now this is not the end. It is not even the beginning of the end. But it is, perhaps, the end of the beginning."

Even "You aren't going to see it released even next year" is a better answer than that! At least we have a time estimate.
    Very well. EBIi will not be released before the year 3300. There's your time estimate.
    Is "someday" a unsatisfying answer? Yeah, it kinda is. But if you were to think for a moment you'd realise that it's the only answer that can be given. Modding is done in people's free time, it is not their professional job.

Also OP; bad mouthing people - especially without any cause to do so, is not good way to endear yourself to a forum's community. Just a friendly piece of advice.
    Last edited by Raygereio; July 05, 2012 at 06:36 AM.

Another answer is needed here that has been given before,

Instead of whining about when will it be released why not learn how to mod and join the team, hence speeding up the development time. Failing that be patient.

If rome 2 is released before eb2 that may be a good thing, because when eb2 is released we will all be able to see how superior it will be.

Comments like its a "shambles" and a "mess" are just not helpful.
    "non atrocitate, non clementia mutabatur"– changed neither by cruelty nor by clemency. Tacitus writing about the Silurae

Or Rome 2 will overshadow it... not saying it will, just a possibilitiy, the announcement was only made recently and people saying Rome 2 is going to bad is already old give it a rest.

Samariten's Avatar Senator

l have heard from a secret and relible source that it will be released.....when its ready.

Morfans's Avatar Semisalis

Quote Originally Posted by delra View Post
    This project is in shambles, will be a long time before it's released, and even when released there's no guarantee anything will work.

You are very bad, Delra !

You might recall I sympathize ( http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...ns#post7915608 ), but why are you so obsessed with EBII ?

Modding M2TW has been a global fiasco to the TWC community.

Since 2006, this is all we've got :

• BC in 2008
    • a fantasy mod in 2010

Rest is dozens of derailed projects - sadly in contrast with the enormous development of our collective skills in all technical aspects of modding.

In the thread cited above, Foot made the point clear that the process of making the mod was the actual goal of the EBII team and, for all we can tell, they seem successfull under that respect. At least, they are still together while many others dispersed ignominiously or keep cloning the same old stuff.

Stop harassing these poor guys and join me in hoping R2TW is a different story.

Oh and since I can't edit posts for some reason...
    Since 2006, this is all we've got :

• BC in 2008
    • a fantasy mod in 2010
    We had plenty of mods for Medieval 2 man, Stainless Steel comes to mind;
    I didn't like it much back in the day though, because it breaks the campaign into low and high. EB lets me go through the centuries and I LOVE that.

Campidoctor

@Giangiotto: Your posts were deleted because you broke this sites rules on member conduct, as your new here it is probably best to aquaint yourself with TWC's Terms of Service, this part in particular, so that it doesn't happen again.

As for the mod, no it is not dead, in fact progress is picking up. Still can't give a completion date though, one fact to keep you going though is that we have finished 88.8% of the 180 units for the first release.

Your posts were deleted because you broke this sites rules on member conduct
    Read my first post
    "When it's done" and all that useless jazz
    Now watch the first reply. Clear lack of respect and clearly looking for a fight.
    I regret nothing.

one fact to keep you going though is that we have finished 88.8% of the 180 units for the first release.
    That makes it sound a lot better than the impression I got!

yuezhi's Avatar Senator

the EB team would've given you the same response anyways regardless of anyone's conduct.
    all hail the flying spaghetti monster!

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...349388&page=10

This person here was from the Paradox forums and didn't know you have to worship the EB staff on this site so he got jumped on. Hilarious this thread.

I wish you could give negative rep or take it away because its like this "mod" is a rep mine or something. I wish I could make a fake mod for free rep, lol. Look at how much Third Age has got done. Its been released for YEARS and has scripts and things that is beyond what EB ever had or even aspires to be. Again this mod has been out multiple years. EB thinks they are pros or something and they are like "we dont need any help" and when people post something they are like "That help isn't up to our quality standards". Just shows how dedicated they are to a release here. I gave up a couple years ago around when this thread was made. Hilarious that people still even post on this subforum.

Cue a bunch of angry people saying "How dare you insult our GODS" and devs saying "You can't compare us to Third Age they are totally different worlds". "Don"t even ask for a release date it will be released when its done".
    Last edited by Kanaric; July 05, 2012 at 07:08 PM.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast