Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Release Christmas 2013 - I am gonna die

Default Release Christmas 2013 - I am gonna die

Usually when a new total war game is announced its 6-8 months away not 1.5 years away.

Is the front page right in that we are going to have to wait until christmas 2013?
    Maybe they meant christmas 2012-2013?

Sail your ship as part of a fleet. Devs previously worked on: Darthmod, World of Warplanes, World of Tanks, RaceRoom, IL2-Sturmovik, Metro, STALKER and many other great games..

Default Re: Release Christmas 2013 - I am gonna die

Maybe they meant christmas 2012-2013?
    Doubtful....

I am almost annoyed it was announced so early then.

Sail your ship as part of a fleet. Devs previously worked on: Darthmod, World of Warplanes, World of Tanks, RaceRoom, IL2-Sturmovik, Metro, STALKER and many other great games..

MorganH.'s Avatar Finis adest rerum

No not likely; the announcement said late 2013.

But let them take their time so we will have the best and most indepth TW game ever released.

Lord Tomyris's Avatar Cheshire Cat

I remember waiting two years for the first RTW to come out...

Ex-Quaestor of TWC: Resigned 7th May 2004

GTA V was announced with a trailer November of 2011.
    Not a peep since.

So at least RTW2 has a release date attached to it.

Its going to be a loooong wait. This also means that we probably will not see too much for a long time.
    I wonder why they announced it so damned early. Maybe they will do a Victoria Total War in the middle after all.

Indefinitely Banned
    The western part of an Island They thought a kind of Coffee...

Long Developments? Its Better than they release an unplayable buggy beta sooner...

Or we will all be in nursing homes by the time it comes out. A lot can happen in that time.

Petroniu's Avatar Domesticus

IMHO, they should've saved the announcement for at least late 2012. I mean, this is like adding salt on an open wound for those who anticipated this game for so many years. I understand that they want to have the community involved and that they want to see if someone can come up with an awesome feature that could be implemented in the game but they could have done it from investigating ideas fans had for the released TW games. Most of the ideas cover the basics needed anyways:supply lines, manpower issues and so on. Too freaking early, I tell you. I still have 2 more exams and after seeing the announcement I can't just focus anymore because I am dying to get more info about how the game is. I hope that they'll release a demo in early 2013 though, that could kill the wait. (and if it will have the siege of Carthage included it will bring us closer to Epicness)
    RTWRM - back to basics

I don't know why are people so frustrated to wait that "long". Shogun 2 was released around 15 months after the announcement as I remember...
    Now we've got Rome II. What more could you want. Wait a month or two more than you've waited for Shogun 2 and it'll all be good, for both CA and us.
    Signature Removed - Read this.

-TWC moderation Staff

Well the thing is you have to also factor in the usual 3 months on top of CA's usual estimates which makes it almost 2yrs.

MorganH.'s Avatar Finis adest rerum

Quote Originally Posted by Destraex View Post
    Well the thing is you have to also factor in the usual 3 months on top of CA's usual estimates which makes it almost 2yrs.
    I believe they normally would had announced a release somewhere after summer 2013 ,but to be on the very safe side,they made it into a later(december)one to not cause a worldwide riot.

Just guessing here of course...

Look, man, it's said that it's gonna be released in late 2013.; James Russel said a second half of 2013. or a third quarter. That is somewhere between September and December 2013.. We're all excited about the upcoming gameplay previews that we'll see. That will be one of the ways that will make you happier and stronger to wait for it.

Happiness is the best when waited for.

-TWC moderation Staff

How long does this mean that game has been in development for? I heard that it was started before Shogun 2... It's kinda exciting to think they'll be working on it this much and they aren't even designing a new engine (what could they be doing back there?).

No not likely; the announcement said late 2013.

But let them take their time so we will have the best and most indepth TW game ever released.
    First of all I think that it is very kind of CA letting know their fans what will the next game be as people were starting to go crazy...

A Rome- Victorian war almost awoke, haha.

Second I also think that they should take their time and not release a half finished product, as the much time they have the better and more precise game they can make with less bugs and if they mybe have some extra time, if they finish earlier the expected, they can also add mybe some minor fetures to the game.

gabyu's Avatar Libertus

Quote Originally Posted by Destraex View Post
    christmas 2012-2013?
    If you don't know, you can't have the Christmas after the New Year's Day.

Quote Originally Posted by richardsharpe View Post
    How long does this mean that game has been in development for? I heard that it was started before Shogun 2... It's kinda exciting to think they'll be working on it this much and they aren't even designing a new engine (what could they be doing back there?).
    For your information, they HAVE the new engine as you could hear in the interview by James Russel.
    I read they have worked on it since 2007..

-TWC moderation Staff

Faiakas's Avatar Tiro

My feeling is that Rome II would be ready arround Late Feb/March(Easter Time)

M2TWRocks's Avatar Domesticus

Every game since ETW at least has been released in March. Hmm. Oh well. Hopefully something else will be released prior to R2 to keep us occupied?

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast