Thread: System requirements for Rome II

Default System requirements for Rome II

Maybe it's too early. But there are a lot of threads here about Rome II discussing things for which it's way too early.

We have seen two or three screenshots, we know that the game will run on a modified Warscape engine. What do you think will the system requirements be for Rome II?

Will many of have to buy a new computer? (I hope not!)

Will players (like me for example) who could play Shogun II on quite high settings, also be able to play Rome II on these settings? For example I have played Shogun II with units/detail/textures and everything on ultra/highest. Only things like shadows, things that are less important are set on medium. This all on DX11, with only tesselation, ambient shadow, HDR and so on off. But this all on rather low screen resolution: 1280x1024. To me the graphics were beautiful with these settings and I don't need more screen resolution. I was satisfied.

But will I also be able to play Rome II?

Please discuss, speculate, talk .

Default Re: System requirements for Rome II

They said the minimum specs will be the same as Shogun 2, but above that they will scale with whatever hardware has to offer in 2013.

Default Re: System requirements for Rome II

There's already something related to this thread

But I feel that I will have to drop a couple Franklins so I can play this on acceptable settings.